• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Overcoat Thread

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ralph Lauren Purple Lable.

Screenshot (997).png

Guy369

Reaction score
Does anyone have any information on this overcoat?
I inherited it and am looking for more information on; where it was made, potential cost, etc

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• IMG_2741.jpeg
    IMG_2741.jpeg
    282.6 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_2742.jpeg
    IMG_2742.jpeg
    225.8 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_2743.jpeg
    IMG_2743.jpeg
    154.3 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_2744.jpeg
    IMG_2744.jpeg
    224.5 KB · Views: 201

Bric3d

Reaction score
Seems like the fabric would at least be made in Biella, Italy, but hard to say much about the coat iself. Looks like it is in a pretty good shape though.

Guy369

Reaction score
Seems like the fabric would at least be made in Biella, Italy, but hard to say much about the coat iself. Looks like it is in a pretty good shape though.
It’s pretty much brand new.

Is Biella fabric high end?
Can’t find any info on a coat like this, hoping someone can ballpark its price

Thanks.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's a beautiful classic coat with great details, e.g. the swelled edge on the lapels,
the stitching on the pockets. Tesutto Italiano means "Italian Fabric"

Last edited:

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Biella is just one of the manufacturing centers in Italy, to know whether it is high end or not you would need to know more about which specific manufacturer made the cloth I think.

even then, I'm sure a specific manufacturer has the ability to produce low, medium, and high end fabrics to designer spec...tough to assume that since it comes from Factory A which produces for XYZ that your particular fabric would necessarily be up to those standards...

Guy369

Reaction score
Found this label on the inside pocket.

Does this help with valuing it?

Attachments

• IMG_2756.jpeg
    IMG_2756.jpeg
    127.3 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_2757.jpeg
    IMG_2757.jpeg
    127.7 KB · Views: 135

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Found this label on the inside pocket.

Does this help with valuing it?

To be honest, I'd worry less about its monetary value and its likely tough to figure absent a brand label
I'd focus more on a) can you swing the current cost, b) do you like the style/does it work well with your wardrobe/will you get a lot wear out of it, and c) does it appear to be in good condition.

If it doesn't meet criteria A, B, and C then its a fools errand to try and figure out if its 'worth something'

Guy369

Reaction score
To be honest, I'd worry less about its monetary value and its likely tough to figure absent a brand label
I'd focus more on a) can you swing the current cost, b) do you like the style/does it work well with your wardrobe/will you get a lot wear out of it, and c) does it appear to be in good condition.

If it doesn't meet criteria A, B, and C then its a fools errand to try and figure out if its 'worth something'

I am looking to potentially sell it

It is in near new condition
I don’t think I’ll ever wear it

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello, that coat is not valuable. It looks like something you could probably grab from Macy's 20 years ago. I hope that helps!

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matchaslimprix