• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Learn more about the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Overcoat Thread

Amidé

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I’ve been working on this sample for a polo coat for next autumn/winter, made in a F.lli Tallia di Delfino 510gr wool herringbone.. what do you guys think, something to add to the collection?
(Pic. by Fabrizio di Paolo by the way)

16CAB51B-6A7F-48F9-A98B-68D61F071BCB.jpeg

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve been working on this sample for a polo coat for next autumn/winter, made in a F.lli Tallia di Delfino 510gr wool herringbone.. what do you guys think, something to add to the collection?

View attachment 2109433
Here's what to me is a nicer better proportioned Polo Coat from O'Connells:

Amidé

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Here's what to me is a nicer better proportioned Polo Coat from O'Connells:

It would be helpful if you could elaborate on the proportions. If I were to put the coat on a mannequin it would be close to the one you mention in terms of model and fit. The fabric is quite different of course.

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 2109433
I've been looking for a good RTW polo coat but, since you asked for feedback, a couple quick notes/preferences:

a) Personally, I would only be interested in a heavier overcoat, something at least north of 610G and ideally in the 650-750g range

b) I prefer the 'mailbox' style pockets on polo coats (see examples below). I think they're pretty unique and make it stand apart from a standard Ulster or DB top coat.

mailbox pocket 2.png

mailbox pocket.png

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It would be helpful if you could elaborate on the proportions. If I were to put the coat on a mannequin it would be close to the one you mention in terms of model and fit. The fabric is quite different of course.
My two polo coats worn over an unpadded sports coat.
View attachment 2072581
View attachment 2072579
Here is a comparison between my 2 polo coats.

The top one is ideal for me, from ralph lauren.

Bottom one is closer to average polo coat cut.

Ralph coat differs from most polo coats nowadays.

The button stance is fairly dropped, lengthening the lapel. The coat is much longer too. It's undarted, adding to the slouch. The waist is not nipped at the front.

Here is another Ralph polo below. The lapels are wider, which I love.

1705076686411.png

Here is another polo. Meh.
1705076749142.png

Attachments

• 1705076686951.png
    1705076686951.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 48
  • 1705076749335.png
    1705076749335.png
    296 KB · Views: 213

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I cannot. It's just my impression. I think the O'Connell has more natural shoulders. But honestly
it would have to be worn for a fair comparison with yours. I do prefer the O'Connell's fabric,
however.

Zerase

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here is a comparison between my 2 polo coats.

The top one is ideal for me, from ralph lauren.

Bottom one is closer to average polo coat cut.

Ralph coat differs from most polo coats nowadays.

The button stance is fairly dropped, lengthening the lapel. The coat is much longer too. It's undarted, adding to the slouch. The waist is not nipped at the front.

Here is another Ralph polo below. The lapels are wider, which I love.

View attachment 2109675

Here is another polo. Meh.
View attachment 2109679
The low buttoning point on the grey one is what makes that coat spectacular. Long lapel line is necessary on such wide lapels. One of the best polo coats I have ever seen.

Featured Sponsor

Invisible Socks: Convenience or Curse?

• Convenience

• Curse

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blahblah1776