• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Wine Thread

coolpapa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gomestar
Nice. Very young, but hope it opened up nicely.

Quite the big table, too.

I love late 80s LB, but I have found recent vintages to be lacking.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
cinq cepages for 40 on wtso. been wanting to try this, but just bought a kitchenaid -_-;. cannot afford.

thanks kwilk! will enjoy

Recoil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by coolpapaboze
I love late 80s LB, but I have found recent vintages to be lacking.

I've got a bottle of '89 I'm going to have around X-mas. The '01 was good but I'm told it's nothing compared to the '89. My dad had them back to back weekends and said the '89 was far superior.

DSC00067.jpg

coolpapa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've had the 89 many times, it's one of my all time favorites as it was one of the first "eye openers" I had as a wine newbie. I hope yours is a great bottle.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Had a Domaine de Villaine Bouzeron (white burgundy) tonight. Liked it quite a bit.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
I still have half a case of L-B '89.
bigstar[1].gif

holymadness

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had Spanish wine tonight. Not sure if they're well-known overseas. The bottle in the middle, a Valencian wine, was particularly strong (14%) and earthy.
img053501.jpg

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Had a home-made beef stew, cornbread and some hard cheese for dinner tonight. Paired it with a value-priced Bordeaux: 2006 Chateau Pipeau (St. Emilion Grand Cru--$23).

First time I've had the 2006. Nice fruit with reasonable tannins. Not as bombastic as the 2005 Pipeau, but a fairly nice little wine.

I finished the stew with a little white truffle oil, so it might have been better with a Burg or something with a bit more earthiness I don't know. But it held up fine to the taste of the stew.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Hai guiz,

Drank some wine recently.

I'm making marrow bones for dinner and have a $14 wine budget. Halp please.

computerpro3

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
Hai guiz,

Drank some wine recently.

I'm making marrow bones for dinner and have a $14 wine budget. Halp please.

Too bad Petrus isn't around anymore, only he would know what to get.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I had a bottle of Yves Leccia Patromonio Blanc. From Corsica, a very nice wine. Drank it with butternut squash soup and pork belly.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
2003 Robert Mondavi Winery Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve last night with grilled steaks, mushrooms, and veggie. Huge dark fruits (black cherries and black plums), chair leather, maybe a little cassis and dark flowers. Full bodied, medium high alcohol, day bright and intense to the eye.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
2003 Robert Mondavi Winery Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve last night with grilled steaks, mushrooms, and veggie. Huge dark fruits (black cherries and black plums), chair leather, maybe a little cassis and dark flowers. Full bodied, medium high alcohol, day bright and intense to the eye.

Goddamnit.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads