• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Wine Thread

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
The point? 100 of them
smile.gif

Better spring for the large then.
laugh.gif

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also, if you get it are you going to have the fortitude to hold it for 15 - 20 years? That's the hard part!

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
No. He's going to give it to me once I pay off my CC.

crackup[1].gif

Ama: this is a "cult cab." Should be drinking well in another few years. Just like I see many tasting notes on my 05 Araujo.

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
crackup[1].gif
Ama: this is a "cult cab." Should be drinking well in another few years. Just like I see many tasting notes on my 05 Araujo.

According to everything I've seen on it it has the makeup to go a lot longer though...unlike many of the lesser cults.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ama
According to everything I've seen on it, it got the makeup to go a lot longer though, unlike many of the lesser cults.

Yup, but reading '12 as the start of drinking time for the 07. I'm thinking about this too much. I might get nothing allocated
frown.gif

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yup, but reading '12 as the start of drinking time for the 07. I'm thinking about this too much. I might get nothing allocated
frown.gif

I'm rooting for you, if only to see pictures of the $1100 medallion draped around the $225 dollar bottles of wine.
laugh.gif

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ama
I'm rooting for you, if only to see pictures of the $1100 medallion draped around the $225 dollar bottles of wine.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

The day I buy one of those medallions...well..it'll never happen.
laugh.gif

Invicta

Reaction score
I picked up a bottle of Girard 07 Cab tonight. Initially I stopped in to pick up another bottle of bourbon but my guys were having a tasting of this and a couple of utterly unremarkable reds. Clearly was the best of the bunch and a great buy at $25. Made an excellent companion to the steak and asparagus dinner I made.

bigstar[1].gif

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
had a nice Cortese with a sweet onion soup tonight. A slight reason to drink and be merry, the GF is being vetted for a firm that is very high profile in the restaurant business. The person trying to woo her is personal friends with Joel Robuchon (and has the txt messages to prove it), and many many others. Fingers crossed.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
'96 Burgess was up for about 30 seconds and then gone. Why do they send these out in the midde of the night?

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
'96 Burgess was up for about 30 seconds and then gone. Why do they send these out in the midde of the night?

I actually got some of this. Happened to be up late after the John Mayer concert and got an email notice on my iPhone.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
I got up at 6:30 and it was already too late. Iron Horse sparkling was there instead. Still have not received the email alert for that one.

Oh well, I have to pay Solito soon anyway.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrownUrge