• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Wine Thread

Recoil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1986 Robert Mondavi Reserve CabSauv. Purchased in 1991 during the liquidation of the London Chop House's wine cellar when it closed in 1991 (you can still see their cellar inventory tag). Been about 60 minutes in the decanter, my fingers are crossed. But it may have been too late for this one.

Last edited:

coolpapa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Assuming a sound bottle, I'd expect this to be a solid example of a claret style wine. It probably won't change your life, but if you like the style, you'll like this.

I'm having a 2005 Rochioli Little Hill Pinot Noir and it's a wonderful example of how good well made Russian River Valley pinot noir can be.

Last edited:

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
i have a '74, '74 reserve, '80 reserve, and an '85 reserve that Manton and I plan to pillage. Also a '66 Martini Cab.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

i've had this wine like 25 times.

I intend to have it a few more times. Had *cough* brunch *cough* at a place you might know downtown and it was on sale at the attached market next door. Plan to swing by and pick up a few more.

coolpapa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

i have a '74, '74 reserve, '80 reserve, and an '85 reserve that Manton and I plan to pillage. Also a '66 Martini Cab.
We should have a **********c/wino evening and drink a bunch of these old wines. I have a 68 BV Burgundy, and some early 90's Mondavi Reserves. It could be epic. Or ******* terrible.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
We should have a **********c/wino evening and drink a bunch of these old wines. I have a 68 BV Burgundy, and some early 90's Mondavi Reserves. It could be epic. Or ******* terrible.

i'm speaking with Manton about this. Lets do it.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
i've had this wine like 25 times.

I intend to have it a few more times. Had *cough* brunch *cough* at a place you might know downtown and it was on sale at the attached market next door. Plan to swing by and pick up a few more.

on sale for what? I pay usually $17-20, which is on the high end for Tuesday night wines, but if you see it for $15 or less, pull a Manton and buy it all.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

on sale for what? I pay usually $17-20, which is on the high end for Tuesday night wines, but if you see it for $15 or less, pull a Manton and buy it all.

$16.

Recoil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Assuming a sound bottle, I'd expect this to be a solid example of a claret style wine. It probably won't change your life, but if you like the style, you'll like this.

I'm having a 2005 Rochioli Little Hill Pinot Noir and it's a wonderful example of how good well made Russian River Valley pinot noir can be.

Cork was destroyed and initial taste was terrible. Took about 1.5 hours to open in the decanter but it was decent. I had the 89 last week and it was much better. I'm looking forward to the various early 90s. I'd have mistaken both for clarets in a blind test, particularly the 89.

Last edited:

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
sounds like a good book and its cheap on amazon too.

i'm 30 minutes into you will be my son on netflix which is about a vigneron in france not wanting to leave his vineyard to his son and instead thinks about leaving it to his steward's son who is more into everything. it's pretty good and i haven't seen a decent wine movie in awhile.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tweedy bag