• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Vintage Clothing and Accessories Thread

Coal_Mining_Polak

Reaction score
Here's another Vintage Polo Ralph Lauren piece. It's a new old stock (still pinned) Chambray Shirt with neat Western detailing on the cuff. I've never seen this particular label.

leftofthedial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Coal_Mining_Polak

That shirt is KILLER, especially the cuff detail.

I've never found out too much info about it, but I feel like it was started in the late 70s or early 80s and existed for less than a decade. Polo Western and Polo Country seem to be sub-brands of Ralph that were pre-cursors to RRL (the embroidery on the cuff isn't too far off of modern RRL)

Alex Hayes

Reaction score
It's been a bit since there's been a post in here. I've got a couple items to toss on here. First is a nice vintage Woolrich Black/Red jacket. I happened to come across this last night in my size and I was pretty stoked. I've been wanting to find something in this style for a bit and this definitely fits the bill. Based on my research the tag indicates a late 60's date for this. The zipper is also large and hefty with the word "Ideal" on it that screams vintage. It's in pretty awesome shape too.

Next is a vintage Brooks Brothers jacket. I've had this forever but I'm just now getting to posting it. The label inside says 1968 I believe. I've searched the name and haven't come up with much, I assume it wasn't anyone crazy famous or anything. It's very cool though, unlined with patch pockets.

Alex Hayes

Reaction score
Looking at the other numbers I think 65 is definitely a possibility!I definitely see what you're saying. The beauty of traditional looks us they generally don't go out of style in my opinion. I think this jacket could look great now and in the future!

Coal_Mining_Polak

Reaction score
Here's a stellar overcoat, even amongst so many vintage choices. It's dated 1960 and woven of true Donegal tweed!

Alex Hayes

Reaction score
Very nice coat above! I'm going to keep this thread going because I love seeing the vintage stuff.

I recently found this hat that I thought was pretty awesome. Can't find much information online other than a couple other listings/pictures. I'd guess it's from the 40's or 50's. It's a very small size. I'm not sure if it's a Woolrich made hat or made by another company with Woolrich fabric. If anyone knows anything I'd be interested to hear it!

Coal_Mining_Polak

Reaction score
This one isn't that vintage... but it's one of the cooler Hickey Freeman pieces that I've come across. Mother-of-pearl buttons, patch pockets, and a BOLD plaid make this something special. 44 XL.

Alex Hayes

Reaction score
Found these awesome vintage Dexter Shearling boots. They are in great shape and appear to be quite old. I love the DEX on the soles. Unfortunately not my size.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
long overdue bump to this thread.

Would anyone be able to point me to any more info on these boots I found today?
Super tough leather, the interior seems to be lined in pigskin. Sizing is on the outside, kind of like Common Projects, which is odd. Says 27 1/2 too.

ebill

Reaction score
Hi, I'm a college student working on a research project involving vintage clothing and, more specifically, workwear. It would be of great help to me if I could interview anyone involved with this thread or the general interest. Please, message me or reply asap if interested, thanks!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads