• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jompso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My comment was regarding Saks brand, meaning house branded stuff doesn't sell.

As to the fabric, while you may turn away, for others it is definitely a selling point. Look at all the titles featuring Loro Piana fabric. Why is that in so many titles? It raises the hits and the value. Take any BB suit, but make it Loro Piana, Trabaldo Togna or Saxxony and it will sell faster and for more.

Or maybe its just me.
True but the difference is Loro Piana is probably the most esteemed fabric manufacturers in the world, and 9 people out of 10 who know what Loro Piana is, equate it to just being a fabric source for other companies clothing, only that one knows they have an outstandingly expensive house line. Now Zegna is known for their suiting, you take 9 people outta 10 who know what zegna is and they are saying a suit manufacturer, not a fabric manufacturer. The brands may essentially do the very same thing, produce clothes and fabrics, but they are both known primarily for one of those two things. And what I was saying was that a man in the market for a Zegna suit is not going to settle on your auction for a Saks suit made of Zegna Cloth, even though he was tricked into clicking on it because of a clever title, no, hes gonna be annoyed, leave that page, and find himself a Zegna suit.

matty long legs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had dreams of Hermes ties. Found none, but not a bad hour and a half in the field.

NIB Thurston braces x 2

Bonobos mac/trench coat

This one is for me. Needs a tiny bit of work, but fits really damn well. From a long defunct local haberdashery. Partially lined, high arm holes and gorge and slim fit. Can't wait to rock this.

Need some help here boys. Only cost me $3 so won't be bummed if it turns out to be money down the drain.

Alden shell. Also $3. Missed these at first pass. @capnwes, these will clean up right? If so, they're coming your way.

Last edited:

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
can we bet on the final bid price? Because I want to.

What are you thinking? Have it start as a 9.99 auction?

I feel like part of the proceeds of that should go to @kbadgley84 since it's going to flop like a dying fish if he goes for 9.99 auction lol.

"JOHN LOBB CUSTOM DOUBLE MONKSTRAP EXCELLENT CONDITION WOW!"

Last edited:

Jompso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alden shell. Also $3. Missed these at first pass. @capnwes , these will clean up right? If so, they're coming your way.

Besides really deeply embedded in the leather water stains, there is almost nothing that can defeat shell cordovan. It can almost always be brought back to life. Those are good to go.

timhortons

Reaction score

I feel like part of the proceeds of that should go to @kbadgley84
 since it's going to flop like a dying fish if he goes for 9.99 auction lol.

"JOHN LOBB CUSTOM DOUBLE MONKSTRAP EXCELLENT CONDITION WOW!)

double monkstrap..... will sell for 150
the first person to thrift a Kiton bib to go with those shoes wins.

matty long legs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

A Canuker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I feel like part of the proceeds of that should go to @kbadgley84
 since it's going to flop like a dying fish if he goes for 9.99 auction lol.

"JOHN LOBB CUSTOM DOUBLE MONKSTRAP EXCELLENT CONDITION WOW!"

I'd stink bid that just for the hell.of it.

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll list tomorrow.'I'll let you guys know when they go up. Could have a real winner here lol

leftrightvsp

Reaction score
Just wanted to post a better pic of the true colors of that kiton SC from earlier. Because it's too nice to be represented with **** photos. And it's definitely not green. I don't know why I thought that... Light blue, cream and slate. Now every time I go out I'm going to be looking for something this color, I neeeed one like this!

Also my bet for the JLs is 135. Those are truly ugly shoes! no offense to whoever found them.

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good day today.

Couple big guy shirts.

Zegna. 18

Eton. 19

Zegna Eu 60

Awesome Zegna moleskin blazer w/ leather details. Eu 58

Brioni. N/A

VV swim trunks. 42

No clue what these are but took a gamble for $1.99

Found the rest of these were found at a store that I come out empty handed 98% of the time.

Actually found this a couple days ago at the store mentioned above. This shirt is why I went back today. And going back paid off. N/A

Two Prada suits. Not pictured is an Prada orphan jacket that I grabbed as it seems like they do well on their own. N/A

Loro Piana cashmere. Sadly it's a women's but not gonna complain. After finding the Prada suits I was plowing through the women's coats thinking "I bet one of these leather jackets will turn out to be a Loro Piana". Got through the leathers with no dice but two jackets later this was staring me in the face. Fits like a size 6. Feels like a suede collar with a cashmere collar cover.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads