• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

leftrightvsp

Reaction score
a few decent finds the past week or saw on a few stops. one jacket i love and mentioned and need some input on if anyone has any info.

pretty dry in the tie department. usually come awe with more than just one high end tie. but it was a good one so i don't mind

seven fold crab Bvlgari. honestly one of my favorite tie makers. love the way the knot and drap.

nice, hefty cashmere cable knit. feels lime at least 2-ply. don't know anything about this label. picked up another by the same name a while back and it has held up really well. spoiled photo is true to color.

POP! J. Press shaggy dog! in my size! passed on one last winter that was too big on me and now im glad i did. this color is better. Blue/green and immaculate.

awesome older woolrich norfolk jacket. lined and all. a little big to wear as a traditional sportcoat but just right for over a sweater. still, not sure if ill wear it, just dont know about the style... but im going to give it a shot and see what i think.

I rarely pick up RLX, even when its in my size because i just don't like the style. but this is awesome. too big for me so avail. i wish this fit because ive been looking for something like this for a while. working epaulets, working cuffs, button and zip front, throat latch. you name it its got it. military style in a barbourish olive. shirt jacket style waist. couldn't find it anywhere online but only looked quickly.

need some help on this one.

100% wool. made in Italy. not handmade but really good quality. what do you call it? a wool bomber, flight jacket? tartan lining on the seams inside. love the contrasting collar and cuffs. and the working throat latch. is it made by cantarelli? i dont know if cantarelli esquire is affiliated or not. thats the only tag on it. sizing is also European. already wore it twice and got plenty of compliments. this is going to get plenty of wear regardless of who made it.

seriously, why can i never find a jacket like this in my size! ive wanted one forever. 44 avail. horn toggles, tartan lining, pure wool. hooded. staple navy. only think is i didnt see it until i got it home that there are a couple moth wholes on the top of the hood. still would have gotten it even if i saw them because with the way its woven its damn near impossible to spot. thank god for a slightly shaggy exterior!

and then this... my favorite find. also too big but there was no way in hell i was leaving it.
ill just leave this unspoiled
edit: the close up shots show the true royal blue color and herringbone textured stripes. badass

Last edited:

silverwarebandit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any of you guys ever find thrift hauls you stashed away from yourself? Found this Michael drake for Paul Stuart along with some coats in a box I forgot about.

The rest .... Was incredibly forgettable.

ReubenR

Reaction score
Anyone know anything about a company called Lewis Creek? Traded another thrifter for a waxed cotton jacket from them and it's really well made. I'm looking for some fabric to try and get an inch, inch and a half added to the sleeves, and I don't think I'm going to find blackwatch waxed cotton just lying around anywhere. Website makes them seem largely defunct but I'm probably going to give the listed number a call anyway and check with the recommended reproofers as well.

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Oxxford alpaca

Oxxford Cambridge cloth 3x

HF collection cashmere

Paul and shark silk bomber

Pulitzer cashmere

Bb cashmere

Millar nwt, maus cashmere, clan cashmere

Brioni cashmere herringbone

Recent brioni windowpane cashmere

4x loro piana cashmere.
An today is my birthday. Happy birthday me lol all true thrifts

Last edited:

Takai

Reaction score
First time feeling Brioni Super 170's today....thrifted, not by me but
bounce2.gif
wow
Found a Brioni S180s POW SC on a brush by and my mind went "Wha...damn...that feels ******* fantastic, what is this magical beast?" Then I flipped it open to see a very recent Brioni in S180s with all the fixin's and nickel and quarter sized thick MOP buttons. Got it home only to find some minor moth damage on one shoulder that was hidden by the tag. In a 44L.

JL3212

Reaction score

Oxxford alpaca

HF collection cashmere

Pulitzer cashmere

Bb cashmere

4x loro piana cashmere.

Happy b-day!

TJGent87

Reaction score
@kbadgley84 Happy birthday fellow Libra mine was 10/9.

Last edited:

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score

Oxxford alpaca

HF collection cashmere

Pulitzer cashmere

Bb cashmere

4x loro piana cashmere.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
Happy Birthday! Thats a great haul

Yorker

Reaction score
In spirit of art thrifting. Picked up this lithograph cause it looked amazing, sitting at a local mom and pop un framed. Got it for $3.
Went home and found out the artist sells them for 900 a pop, this one was for the 86 expo, and isn't available anymore.

Artist name is Ted Harrison.

Side picture to avoid glare.

Last edited:

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
So a few weeks ago, when thrifting with Wes and found an original sketch, by E. Stewart Williams from 1939 for about 5 bucks.

Went out on half off day, new cart rolling out, two more came a flowing. Amazing. Does anyone, maybe @330CK or other art finders have any idea on how to get these appraised? I can't find anything ever sold from his work.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E._Stewart_Williams

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Oxxford alpaca

HF collection cashmere

Pulitzer cashmere

Bb cashmere

4x loro piana cashmere.

Well done! Snow birds cleaning out their closets.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads