• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^^^ I put so much work into getting it to look like that, lol. It was the color of iced tea when I initially received it.

Well, great job though!

That picture does it justice. It looks incredible. Looks like the jacket is perfect to wear as an SC as well and the drape of the pants looks perfect.

nhindian

Reaction score
Just found my first Zegna... My size, but orphaned pinstripe jacket with moth holes. Alas.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Collectin' dem shells.

GM-H

Reaction score
Back from school for easter break, kinda dry but not totally....

Everything is available

OG as **** Polo Coat by tha GAWD (Tagged 40r more likely a 42ish maybe 44)

Neiman Made In Scotland Cashmere, Zegna wool/cashmere (both tagged Medium)

Zegna, Random Linen tie, Whimsical Paul Stuart.

Gant drawstring lounge chinos (34)

Mint RLPL linen shorts (35ish)

recentish Zegna Linen shorts (tagged 36)

Patagonia stuffable windbreaker

Oxxford, Brioni

staxringold

Reaction score
Finally saw a Robert Talbott Carmel (not the "Carmel by the Sea" or "Carmel Valley" ties that get mislabeled on eBay all the time) tie. Left it as it was god-awful ugly (and not in that colorful RT way that sells well) and was $15, but could feel the quality.

aglose

Reaction score
Ok I got this jacket from jgill79, and I love it. It needs to go to the Tailors for sure and excuse the shorts/t shirt pic it's super hot in the 303 today. Mostly I'm worried about the length, everything else is pretty easily doable for my tailor.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Buyers can look at your history as a buyer?

I might be wrong, but I think you can only see the feedback received, not the actual item. I just looked at Wes' profile and that's all I see. What harm is there in that? I'm sure that most people who sell on Ebay also buy on Ebay, and I would expect that buyers would understand that as well.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Patagonia stuffable windbreaker

I have that exact windbreaker in a different color. It's been hanging out for 12+ years, and refuses to show any sign of use.

GM-H

Reaction score
I have that exact windbreaker in a different color. It's been hanging out for 12+ years, and refuses to show any sign of use.
Its in great ******* shape for a light jacket that is 13 years old. I think im gonna keep it for myself.

highvoltorb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
TIL not only does Wisconsin have mediocre thrift stores, but they charge 30%+ more than the rest of the country.

censored.gif

That ain't even half true. Pretty much spot on with Ohio prices from my experience. Plus, AE's at EVERY store.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcoPolos