• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I picked this up for me, it's from a San Francisco men's clothing store called The Hound. It fills a nice slot in my closet, as I'm working on building up my SC selection. Slightly above thrift pricing at $20. I was waiting to see if there was going to be a sale on it, but it's been a month so I just snagged it before someone else picked it up.

And along the lines of Greg16's "Gentlemen, I know what you are thinking and the answer is yes, I can proxy."
Why so serious?

The Hound sells pretty cool stuff. They usually sell Samuelsohn RTW and Santorelli to name a few. I thirfted a 2 piece Sammy suit and a Sammy SC that was sold by them. Pretty cool stuff!

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+10000 it wouldn't even let me view my cart or anything I just gave up it probably would have been to short on my anyways

If you really want one I would go back and try it again. It worked for me after a few trys. The website didn't post measurements but I think Bogs are known for their short coat length. I think Coat has a long length than K Jacket.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I usually leave striped orphans but this was cold ridonkulous and my size. I'm also a sucker for da purple lining :embar: . You'll bet I'll be haunting that thrift in the next few weeks to see if the pants turn up. I made one of the employees take a pix of it with her iphone. And, maybe one of youse can hook a brother up if you happen to see the pants in ANY size in ur neck of the woods :nodding: . The fabric is something called micronosphere which is supposedly good for antiwrinking abilities.

If that was a suit, and two sizes smaller, you would have a fuckton of my money.

bytor13

Reaction score
Today's POWER WORDS are:
  • vintage
  • trad
  • mother of pearl
  • cashmere

The first store had a nice haul of vintage stuff (mostly BB) from a single donor.

First up, some ties for me.
2x wool knit, silk knit

4x BB & RT Madder

BB cotton (blend?) 40L w/ MOP buttons - AVAILABLE

This is the A&F I'm looking for:
Cotton (blend?) 40L w/ MOP buttons - AVAILABLE

BB seersucker, 40L w/ MOP buttons - AVAILABLE

House brand olive green cashmere, 40L, ticket pocket, wild lining, side vents - AVAILABLE

BB w/ LP Super 120's navy blazer, Boys 20 - approx. 38 - AVAILABLE

PS by Sammy - 46L - Single vent, FF pants - AVAILABLE

Steven Alan XL (fits smaller) - PPx3, single vent - AVAILABLE

Nordstrom navy w/ LP cashmere - tag's worn, but fits like a 46ish - AVAILABLE

HT - untagged, but fits around a 40 - AVAILABLE

Interesting Cremieux navy/tartan shawl collar cardigan w/ MOP buttons - UNAVAILABLE

Also hit up a TJ Maxx and picked up some stuff for myself:

12x Pantherella OTC - NOT PICTURED: 10 others

Interesting cashmere sweater . . . tags are ripped out though . . . hmmm . . . let me look up that RN#

BALLANTYNE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR, EVERYONE!

Last edited:

IRKSM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
shout out to ceasar c, just got a package with a super awesome woolrich sweater exactly like one I have been on the hunt for, think hyde in that 70s show.
he sent me this plus a cool tie plus is sending me an awesome blazer and another sweater even before we have figured out what I am sending him
fistbump.gif

Randy

Reaction score
Interesting cashmere sweater . . . tags are ripped out though . . . hmmm . . . let me look up that RN#

BALLANTYNE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very interesting, Bytor... (And great haul of course!) Is there a reference for RN number lookups (a book I can buy, website I can visit, or list being passed around) that you use?

Last edited:

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm about to book a flight out to see my brother in LA at the end of January! He'll be working during the day giving me lots of time on Thursday and Friday afternoon to, well, you know...

Hope you have better luck than I did. I think I was just at the wrong places at the wrong times.

acosbysweater

Reaction score
If that was a suit, and two sizes smaller, you would have a fuckton of my money.

I sold a flawless Traveller Micronsphere suit for all of $169.99. You obviously have more sway than I do and could've probably pulled upwards of $400, but I am a plebe who is slave to the best offer.

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I sold a flawless Traveller Micronsphere suit for all of $169.99. You obviously have more sway than I do and could've probably pulled upwards of $400, but I am a plebe who is slave to the best offer.

I think Spoo wanted it for himself. So do I if he finds the pants and it's around a 42.

ATLjon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hope you have better luck than I did. I think I was just at the wrong places at the wrong times.

Hey, if not, I'll at least get to meet Ashton Kutcher. Maybe he has some Brionis he doesn't want anymore.

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New year thrift fit pic:
Samuelson sc courtesy of HorsesAss
Vintage waistcoat by Oleg Cassini
BB ocbd, no I didn't iron me shirt
Rivetz of Boston tie from yesterday
Levis cords, not thrifted
Alden shortwings
Target socks
Drunk face, a bottle and a half of champagne
Marlboro No. 27
Couch, came with the wife
Painting, myself
Lamp, from my mom
Fisher speaker from a crackhead :slayer:
Sounds by Rick James

Last edited:

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also huge shout out to CasarC, I bought 2 ties from him on the cheap and I got a package in the mail today with the two plus one and a sweet bow tie! Thanks buddy! :slayer:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members