• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THE 2024 ALLEN EDMONDS (AE) APPRECIATION THREAD

Vincent George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My beloved black Randolphs have been in service for 3 years and will probably need a resole within the next year. Because I don’t want to be without black loafers, I purchased some F2s during the Memorial Day Sale (first world problems).

Susan at the Bank is great. She noted the imperfections—some grain break on one side and a little rough stitching on a toe.

I don’t like how AE finishes the standard soles these days—seemingly with a heavy colorant (almost like makeup concealer)…probably to even out imperfections.

This afternoon, I locked myself away in the bathroom to strip the finish with acetone and dye with Fiebing’s Pro Black. This, in my opinion, elevates the appearance (even if just for a while).

I also completed a full first shine.

I’ve also included a video of the process and transformation.

IMG_4322.jpeg
IMG_4323.jpeg
IMG_4324.jpeg
IMG_4326.jpeg
IMG_4329.jpeg
IMG_4332.jpeg
IMG_4333.jpeg
IMG_4330.jpeg
IMG_4334.jpeg

Last edited:

bluejazzmonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My beloved black Randolphs have been in service for 3 years and will probably need a resole within the next year. Because I don’t want to be without black loafers, I purchased some F2s during the Memorial Day Sale (first world problems).

Susan at the Bank is great. She noted the imperfections—some grain break on one side and a little rough stitching on a toe.

I don’t like how AE finishes the standard soles these days—seemingly with a heavy colorant (almost like makeup concealer)…probably to even out imperfections.

This afternoon, I locked myself away in the bathroom to strip the finish with acetone and dye with Fiebing’s Pro Black. This, in my opinion, elevates the appearance (even if just for a while). I also competed a full first shine.

I’ve also included a video of the process and transformation.

View attachment 2190043 View attachment 2190045 View attachment 2190047 View attachment 2190049 View attachment 2190051 View attachment 2190053 View attachment 2190055 View attachment 2190057 View attachment 2190059

I love it.
Only a true shoe enthusiast freak would perform this act of goodness!!

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Here is an example of how AE can eventually get it right. After they got rid of the Maritime and the Eastport, they came out with the Force 10. A completely unwearable piece of misshaped crap. Then they took notes and came out with the second generation of the Force 10. Although it is not quite as good as the original Maritime, it is quite good for a modern boat shoe without going to a $300 hand sewn.
IMG_8884.jpeg

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Took advantage of the sale that AE is running and scored these Brown Nubuck Hamiltons for a crazy deal! The Brown Nubuck is much darker than the photos online and I'm really pleased with how these look! The natural welt contrasts with the Brown Nubuck and really pops!
1000011247.jpg

1000011248.jpg

1000011249.jpg

1000011250.jpg

1000011251.jpg

1000011252.jpg

SpallaPerfetta

Reaction score
Following up on my earlier post - this is the flaw on my F2 marbled chili shell strands. A little sloppy brogueing on the medallion. Shoes are otherwise perfect.

Of course it’s perceptible in this close up photo but who would ever notice something like this when the shoes are on my feet? For half price sounds like a great deal to me.

IMG_0358.jpeg

Last edited:

Ashley_S

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alphalabscbdus