• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LooknGr8

Reaction score

What's the deal with Maxx and Marshalls? Clearly there is a timing/luck element, but is there also a location/selection element? The ones I've ever been to (and that's not a small number) haven't had anything better than Perry Ellis trousers, diffusion Ralph Lauren suits and "polo club" ties. Is it a question of finding the "good" ones, or is it more like thrifting: I just have to keep hitting the same stores until they capitulate and surrender their riches (I.e., I get there when they are eacking a new shipment and snag the good stuff before everyone else)?

go to the richest places you know...where the marshalls are.

also PM me your zip code. I have some ideas

ballmouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I want this sweater, but I'm a size 38.
ffffuuuu.gif

Alan Paine sweater. Size 44. 100% wool. Made in England. Available.

Evil Abed

Reaction score
Triple post... I have learned.

Last edited:

LooknGr8

Reaction score
So...I picked up an officially licensed Beatles tie from 1991 (silk) at a thrift.

I usually skip the grateful dead/comic themed/jerry garcia etc ties but are Beatles ties flippable? From my rock writing/rock memorabilia reportage, I know Beatles fans are freaks for buying licensed stuff

HAve y'all had good luck/bad luck flipping these?

Thanks

LooknGr8

Reaction score

catside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bah! found a RLPL and an Hermes ties but won't bother posting after DM7. Not worth. Oh also an NWT Polo RL slim jeans, quality kind and fits comfortably right under the beer belly.

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
So...I picked up an officially licensed Beatles tie from 1991 (silk) at a thrift.

I usually skip the grateful dead/comic themed/jerry garcia etc ties but are Beatles ties flippable? From my rock writing/rock memorabilia reportage, I know Beatles fans are freaks for buying licensed stuff

HAve y'all had good luck/bad luck flipping these?

Thanks

Thought you were past the "whats it worth/flippable stage"
cheers.gif

http://www.ebay.com/csc/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=Beatles+tie&_sacat=15662&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc

Seem to go for $20-$40 on ebay depending on the song

Last edited:

Madroaster

Reaction score
Went out today and came back with nothing. Been happening more often lately; summer blahs and getting pickier. I did pass on something that could have been good though--opinions?

What could be better than a jacket from a real taylor's guild? :lol:

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Noob here, wanted to ask you guys about how to make it big in the film business. I hear there's a couch involved?

Anyways I've been lurking for a good while now, thought I'd finally say hello. No questions about what's good and what isn't (I've probably read more or less the last 1000 pages or so, maybe skipping a couple hundred here and there just to fast forward). Definitely went through every page from this year so far (figured that would clue me in on the current state of thrifting in terms of prices when flipping, general trends, getting a feel for who's who and what's what). Found other threads with info on shoes, tags, etc and have learned a ton (you mean this Dockers for Brookstone hat that transforms into pants isn't worth hundreds?).

My eyes and hands are a long way from being up to speed, but that should come with time. I'm looking for clothes for myself, and as a big guy, I know finding coats to fit me (US 50L) probably won't be happening any time soon... Or until LA gets a new football team. I'll be moving to the Hollywood/LA area from just south in OC in the next few months, hopefully that'll make this whole thrifting thing more interesting/fun/frustrating. Worry not LA guys, I'm not super hard core into this, just don't have the time, so your finds are somewhat safe. I'd love to find some nice brogues, maybe some neckties, and I am a bit of a bag whore, so those Filsons...

In my earlier thrifting iteration, I was always into shopping for random cool finds at thrift shops (as a photographer, I'm always looking for that $20 Leica or other german/swiss cam). Actually more into hunting for specific Polaroid cameras these days. If any of you find cameras and want any info on them regarding price/actual value/how to use it or see if it's broken, let me know, I'd be happy to help.

My first serious find (to help legitimize this post with some thrift content), and the one that made me realize the possibilities in thrifting, came about ten or so years ago. I decided to check out a smaller shop next door to another that I frequented, looked around finding nothing. I passed the shoe racks and saw a pair that was odd and bright and looked like it'd fit my oafish feet (size 13, feel free to take note
mwink[1].gif
). I gave em the once over and decided they looked legit tried them on and they just fit. Price tag $4. Rang up and it was half-off day, so I figured at 2 bucks I couldn't go wrong. Went home, gently cleaned them up, and tried to do some research on them. Couldn't find much.

Welcome.

PMed

mexicutioner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
um, i think some unfortunate dude in my area left his clothes at the cleaners...

EDIT: not sure what i'm going to keep or trade, if anything ends up being available in the future, i'll post it in the trading thread. probably won't be at least for a month or two.

first, the jackets.

1. LB Collezione Sartoriale:

XG3qi.jpg

TOu0s.jpg

2. PZ Sartoriale (this is actually a nice loden green, not sure why it looks blue):

W8tR2.jpg

m3r1a.jpg

3. and now, the shirts. i didn't recognize most of these labels, but i figured what the hell, i'll just take them all and hope for the best. any info you guys might have on some of these (other than RLBL and LP, obvs) would be much appreciated.

5jGrk.jpg

DU0xs.jpg

RQXHv.jpg

wL7Hg.jpg

Qp120.jpg

I3pGV.jpg

qX1Sd.jpg

sR1An.jpg

8jyRP.jpg

TlHyf.jpg

hN8fU.jpg

IfYkF.jpg

10Dfk.jpg

Last edited:

catside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
:slayer: Shirts :slayer:
Unfortunately they are half a size small both for me, and you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads