• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

acosbysweater

Reaction score
A pictoral followup to stuff I snagged this past weekend:

Some Tyrwhitt shirts

Canali SC, Brown/Gray Windowpane, Super 120s, Cupro lining, for Saks. No idea on the canvassing, I think maybe half?
54R
20" shoulder
20.5" pit to pit
33" arm length

Gieves & Hawkes SC, Tan/Beige/Brown Houndstooth/Birdseye (?) Windowpane
70% Silk/30% Wool
41R 2 button

19.5" shoulder
20.5" pit to pit
33" arm length

My first Saville Row piece...dunno if it's bespoke or if it was part of a suit. Bummer about the small stain in the right sleeve lining, but I think the cleaners could take it out?

Burberrys 2 piece suit that I mistakenly announced as Prorsum. Nevertheless, still quite nice.

Light gray pinstripe SC
39R
19.5" shoulder
20" p2p
34" arm length

Trousers are 32 x 33 w/ 1.25" to let out
9" leg opening
11" knee width

This last one is a YSL Made in France. I believe it is a 3 piece suit, minus the pants, which I couldn't find anywhere in the store. I haven't heard much buzz about YSL, especially not the mid-80s, 90s suits. This one isn't particularly offensive, is vented, and has a nipped waist for a more tailored look. Any thoughts on pants to find to make it a complete suit?

Oh yeah, and this Barbera FC 16 1/2

Could anyone help me decipher that Gieves & Hawkes tag...I'd like to know if I did in fact miss the pants...maybe the same with the Canali.

Apologies for the double post, but I think this got lost due to moderation.

zachl

Reaction score

tben - What was the Gant priced at? There's a ton priced at $140 that I love, so I'm curious to see what they can be had for elsewhere.

Found a Chester Barrie black and white houndstooth with light blue overcheck. Two button, double vented. Size 38/39. I can see why RLPL chose them as producers for so long. Bit too long, so it's available.

Any of the size small or 36R/S persuasion? If so, would anyone be willing to proxy me one? Thought about getting a Gant jacket during the Bonobos cyber monday deal, but they were sold out of all the smalls.

catside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Blue summer weight Canali wool jacket, fits like a glove, crumpled but $1465 Bloomingdales tag still on, from eBay liquidator.Total cost $43.
Thought I was buying winter blazer but will not need tailoring so ready for summer. Happy.

MattR

Reaction score

Blue summer weight Canali wool jacket, fits like a glove, crumpled but $1465 Bloomingdales tag still on, from eBay liquidator.Total cost $43.
Thought I was buying winter blazer but will not need tailoring so ready for summer. Happy.

That's interesting. I just read an article about some Bloomingdales closing in the NoVa area. Wonder if any of their stuff will make its way into the TJ Maxx/Marshalls around here.

Xenos

Reaction score

tben - What was the Gant priced at? There's a ton priced at $140 that I love, so I'm curious to see what they can be had for elsewhere.
Found a Chester Barrie black and white houndstooth with light blue overcheck. Two button, double vented. Size 38/39. I can see why RLPL chose them as producers for so long. Bit too long, so it's available.

Pics?

tben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:

It was on clearance for $169.00. The original tag read $498.00 and I am not sure what the compare at price was. Competitive price, but too rich for my blood.

t2russo

Reaction score
Four sport coats acquired, two from Goodwill and two from SA:

Armani Collezioni dark blue/black specked wool. 3/2, notch, jetted pockets, 52R EU
LBM 1911 steel blue/gray blue solid worsted wool. 2 button, notch lapel, flap, 50R EU
Zegna Soft mottled gray wool/cashmere/silk. 3/2, notch, 3 patch pockets, 54R EU
Brooks Bros. black basketweave wool made in Italy. 3/2, notch, flap 40R

Last edited:

MattR

Reaction score

silverwarebandit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I went back to the salvation army today to see if the Alden balmorals were still there. They were!

...in the hands of someone else. Seriously, I was about 5 minutes too late. oh well. Consolation prices EZ shirts x3, lorenzini shirt, BB cable knit merino polo, Gant Hopsack, RRL NWT jeans, florsheim wingtips in my size, hickey freeman italian sport shirt and partially lined plaid blazer. I'll put pics up later tonight.

caseyfud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I went to TJ Maxx and there was some decent stuff there, none of which I got. Navy Purple Label tie, gold paisley Purple Label tie, a completely unstructured Made in Italy PRL linen blazer, and a PRL dress shirt that was unlike any Polo shirt I've seen before, with awesome, thick mother of pearl buttons, a spread collar and European size tag.

Oh, and mixed with all the cheap cashmere was a Johnstons of Elgin scarf.

Last edited:

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
Not up to par with some of you guys, but another successful weekend of thrifting (more to come plus some ties and wool Brooks Brothers pants). All posted in my Megathreads for sale/trade
spam[1].gif

Brooks Brothers tan Camel Hair - 40R

Brooks Brothers Luxury Teal Gingham Check - 16-33

Brooks Brothers Luxury White w/ Red Blue Mini Check - 16.5-35

Hart Schaffner Marx White Purple Stripe - 16.5-34

Lorenzini Gray - Large (Approx 15.5-37)

Robert Graham Embroidered Shirt - Medium (approx 15.5-34)

Robert Graham RG Pattern Match Blue Stripe - Large (approx 16-36)

Vineyard Vines Deckhand "Canvas Cotton" Beige - Medium

Last edited:

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Day of near misses today.

- Oxxford for Saks d/b suit jacket. Navy with silver windowpane. 6/1 button. No vent. No pants.
- Oxxford Pure Camelhair sportcoat. From the same donor as the Oxxford suit haul a few weeks ago. Different store. Cuff edges were worn to hell. Something tells me I missed more Oxxford here. :brick:
- Brooks Brothers navy blazer with logo BB brass buttons. Fairly recent. Just wasn't feeling it.

I did get a vintage, never used ice cream maker from Sears for $10. My wife has been bugging me for one for a couple years. Also scored a pair of never worn Ferragamo brown pebble grain lace ups. Size 9 D if anyone is interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads