Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mainy

mainy Senior member

hmm i've never seen that brioni tag! that's interesting. maybe it's brioni then but i didn't know they made for other people. i feel inept

2. zachl

zachl Member

Is that a Koch brother's brioni?! David and Charles Koch. Weird.

3. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

That Brioni tag is from the in-between period of the old square tag with the Old English B and the current label. This is where their model names (Augusto, Palatino, Nomentano....)first came into play, IIRC.

4. Henry Boogers

Henry Boogers Senior member

Thus giving a more literal meaning to the 'deconstructed' description, I suppose. Perhaps that makes it worth more. :slayer:

5. TheWGP

TheWGP Senior member

Interesting... any thoughts on the label of the one I found? :devil: Here's a link to my post on the ID-a-label thread:
    http://www.styleforum.net/t/24109/h...-secrets-to-id-the-maker/500_100#post_5085871

Mainy, I'm not convinced... I haven't seen a Saint Andrews tag that looks anything like that - not that I've seen anything from them in person so I'm no expert. Really don't think it's Brioni. I really can't shake the feeling I should know it, or have seen something similar somewhere before.

It's obviously something nice - it was part of the leftovers from what looks like it must have been a really nice donation that was picked over by flippers - I also left a Aquascutum made in England cashmere sportcoat with multiple holes, a Freedberg for Nordstrom jacket and saw plenty of NM and Saks house-label stuff, several Hamilton for Barneys shirts, etc, etc... guessing they were just looking for the label.

6. Patrologia

Patrologia Senior member

And you thought YOU were about to get pedantic. The "near" is an adj, miss is a noun. The item wasn't picked up, so the experience remains a miss, but it was close - you thought about it, you were going to until you noticed the dried fluids, the vulgar monogram, the infestation of moth eggs. By contrast, a 60/40 Arrow button down shirt in lime green with yellow pit stains, that would be a wide miss.

You'd be right if miss were a verb, but then we'd be insisting that everyone say they nearly missed, and explain why they bought the Bironi suit.

[/grammar BS]

Last edited: Jan 5, 2012

7. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

Arsenal Dan. Man, I would never pay retail, but they are quality shoes, and I'd crap myself if I found these in a thrift. :slayer:

[​IMG]

8. Ace_Face

Ace_Face Senior member

Those Common Projects are nice, but I don't understand why they retail for $385. But then again, there is a lot I don't understand about SW&D.

9. eddievddr10

eddievddr10 Senior member

i love cps been wearing them for over 4 years cant wear anything else, clean cool design, comfortable and no big logos but the "right" ppl know your cool :nodding: of course ive never spent over 175 a pair :devil:

10. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

You tell me where! :fu: :worship2::foo::devil:

Yeah, Ace, I've been here one year, and I still haven't met the right person to explain pricing on certain items without a mountain of defensiveness (or anger) setting in. A conspicuous lack of branding seems to be what people are after; probably the cheapest thing for a company to accomplish, yet....none do. I stil don't understand it.

11. lastdonb

lastdonb Senior member

Quote:
    The Forum Shops at Ceasers in Las Vegas (formerly owned by Kirk Kerkorian) carries the Kerkorian line of clothes: http://www.insidervlv.com/forumshops.html

From Wikipedia about Kirk Kerkorian:

"He has a penchant for expensive clothes (especially custom-made outfits by Italian designer Brioni)"

So it's very possible it is a Brioni.

The Kerkorian label has the Roman Chariot mark of Ceasers Palace.

12. lastdonb

lastdonb Senior member

Saw this Ben Sherman at GW, couldn't find the matching pants, so I left it behind.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

13. eddievddr10

eddievddr10 Senior member

my eyes my eyes!

14. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

15. Brianpore

Brianpore B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.