• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dahl5yankees
Alright, talked myself into it. Bought the linen Etro blazer, it's pretty sweet. Listed on Ebay.

ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
If only anyone would ever make short sizes. That thing looks awesome!

Originally Posted by AlanC
You want to have the sleeves adjusted to fit, then working buttonholes cut. Something with working buttonholes from Old Navy isn't meant to be tailored.

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks.

Navi

Reaction score
can anyone id this tie label? Interested in what brand it is.

IMG_20110525_171349.jpg

thanks!

Xenos

Reaction score
Can anyone help identify this tie? The labels have been removed but, based on my research, and what I believe was the label placement, it looks like an Isaia 7-fold. Not sure, though.

5-25Pics010.jpg

5-25Pics012.jpg

5-25Pics016.jpg

5-25Pics019.jpg

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by noobizor
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
If only anyone would ever make short sizes. That thing looks awesome!

no kidding. damn, 27-inch sleeves. talk about monkey arms!

Greg613

Reaction score
Went out today for lunch and had a pretty nice haul. 2 Ike Behar shirts, 2 pairs of Hickey Freeman tan trousers, 1 Zegna tie, and 1 yApre for Tom James tie.

But, what really made it was that I found my first Kiton piece! Picked up a Kiton tie, unfortunately it had been stapled with the price tag, but after carefully removing the staples I don't think there are any runs.

ShayaEXQT

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Xenos
Can anyone help identify this tie? The labels have been removed but, based on my research, and what I believe was the label placement, it looks like an Isaia 7-fold. Not sure, though.

I am in agreement with you. Wonder who/why labels were removed...

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by davesmith
I am in agreement with you. Wonder who/why labels were removed...

i've had that happen several times ... pieces that are obviously really nice, but somebody's carefully removed all of the labels. wonder what the reasoning is?

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Navi
can anyone id this tie label? Interested in what brand it is.

IMG_20110525_171349.jpg

thanks!

90% sure that's a Bert Pulitzer

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Xenos

Chance it is, although I dont recall Isaia having 2 labels on the back. Can you photograph the fabric and made in label on the short end?

YoungAmerican

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by foodguy
i've had that happen several times ... pieces that are obviously really nice, but somebody's carefully removed all of the labels. wonder what the reasoning is?

If you're dumping unsold or second-quality merchandise, and don't want it damaging your brand either by being sold as firsts or sold on deep discount, you mark or remove the tags.

ShayaEXQT

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by YoungAmerican
If you're dumping unsold or second-quality merchandise, and don't want it damaging your brand either by being sold as firsts or sold on deep discount, you mark or remove the tags.

oh, so the random guy dropping it off isnt a tag remover. the corporate guys are

evolsty

Reaction score
SOL today. Couple of Zegnas, both ventless. Also a couple of orphaned Samuelsohn jackets; looked for the pants and no luck. Also, the main thrift store I frequent hasn't cleared out the garbage, so the racks are jammed full, making it harder to look through.

TheBurnOut

Reaction score
Picked up a few things over the past few days-

-Zegna linen slacks
-NWT JAB Signature Series suit (I know, but it's BRAND NEW- though it doesn't fit so it'll probably end up on the 'Bay)
-J.Press Tie
-Mezlan oxfords- they're woven much like the AE Orleans
-Mystery BB shirt- the tag says "woven in Italy" and "Made in USA"- I thought almost all of their stuff was made overseas?
-NWT J Crew western shirt
-Land's End 7-Fold tie

Passed on some NOS ET Wright monks- it was 1/2 off day at salvation army and they ALWAYS discount the shoes. Not this cashier, not today. I almost walked out because of how rude she was. I love supporting charities but it was REALLY hard to give them my money after the way she spoke with me. Oh, well. So it goes.

Navi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by idfnl
90% sure that's a Bert Pulitzer

Thanks! Tie feels and looks nice to my eye, doesn't feel like a Pulitzer. Weird. Ah well, cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads