• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

richnet12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ha! Love the chorus line...you have to upload your cameo that isn't in the video!

arnathor

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Nice thrifts lately, especially that Polo that looks like the trail master.
Anyone interested in RL Rugby sz M?

thefastlife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Someone clue me in here bc I'm slow...this is a nicely made suit buy what's with the buttonhole being sewn into/against the lapels?

qk32LjX.jpg

dappercanadian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Managed to find the time to hit up one store in Oakville while I was in the GTA. Man, I've got to say, you guys are lucky down there. The prices were right and there was tonnes that I left behind. Top notch quality at the Salvation Army on Kerr Street.

Shirts: Gant Salty Dog, RT Carmel (Left 3 more behind)
Ties: Celine Paris, BB, Gucci, Gucci, PRL, CT
Pants: AMAZING Pal Zileri light weight cotton trousers made with Loro Piana fabric. A chipped button, but no way I was leaving them behind.
SC: Dak's patch pocket, elbow patches, leather lapel hole.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Very pleased with my Brooks saddle Sir! Cracks me up how quickly that trade went down
cheers.gif

Glad you liked it! It's just fortunate for you that I still had it laying around. It was supposed to have been up on the Bay back in May.
shog[1].gif

Jompso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I kinda like this **** :D
they're not half bad right? I mean they hit thrift stores to go to the womens section or to find the most ridiculous **** possible, not really what we've got in mind, but it's entertaining... My opinion is probably skewed cuz one of them (kid with lighter brown hair) used to be one of my best friends, but its kinda catchy.

Jompso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Managed to find the time to hit up one store in Oakville while I was in the GTA. Man, I've got to say, you guys are lucky down there. The prices were right and there was tonnes that I left behind. Top notch quality at the Salvation Army on Kerr Street.

Shirts: Gant Salty Dog, RT Carmel (Left 3 more behind)
Ties: Celine Paris, BB, Gucci, Gucci, PRL, CT
Pants: AMAZING Pal Zileri light weight cotton trousers made with Loro Piana fabric. A chipped button, but no way I was leaving them behind.
SC: Dak's patch pocket, elbow patches, leather lapel hole.
OK is Daks a thing for resellers, or is it just a thing for those thrifting and keeping. I've made a couple mistakes over the past weeks buying stuff you guys post on here because it looks so nice but turns out it isn't worth anything. I know this is completely my fault and none of anybody's on here, was just wondering. Thanks

dappercanadian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OK is Daks a thing for resellers, or is it just a thing for those thrifting and keeping. I've made a couple mistakes over the past weeks buying stuff you guys post on here because it looks so nice but turns out it isn't worth anything. I know this is completely my fault and none of anybody's on here, was just wondering. Thanks
Depends on the pattern and style of it really. This one is nice.

Also to give you a better idea:
http://www.ebay.ca/sch/i.html?_from...nkw=daks&_dcat=11450&rt=nc&LH_ItemCondition=4

Last edited:

Jompso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ha! Love the chorus line...you have to upload your cameo that isn't in the video!
I'm just in the background...yes you guessed it, dressed super gay...we shot that scene against the handball court at an elementary school with the most ridiculous **** on we could wear and 2 liters of jack daniels...the cops were soon called...apparently Jack Daniels isn't supposed to be consumed on elementary school property...even on Sunday... they frown upon this sort of thing, good thing we all dispersed in separate directions so they couldn't nab one of us

Jompso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
YEEAASSSSS!!! 100% CASHMERE KITON #6... can't stop, won't stop.

Jompso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

dappercanadian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

bpk1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had some time to hitup a thrift store near me before going to a wedding later today. Couple of cool finds, two which I don't know if they're authentic/worth keeping, I appreciate all of your insight!

Ties
Fendi/EZ/BB

Is this grenadine?

Allea/Etro

Sweaters
Woolrich NWT

PRL Silk

PRL Cashmere

Boss Slim Fit Dress Shirt

BB Tux

EZ Orphan?

BB Green Camelhair SC

Alden's

Here's the first of the two items I'm not sure about, it's a Christian Dior men's coat. Let me know what you guys think, whether real or not/worth picking up:
The third picture shows the label, and the three things that were in the inside pockets of the jacket (figured maybe it'd help ID if real/time period, etc)

The second item is what appears to be a Burberry trench coat. My uneducated guess is that it's real as the attention to detail is much higher than I would expect from a fake. Please let me know what you guys think and if you need more photos to help ID. Thanks for the help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members