• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

highvoltorb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's the deal with Astor and Black? I've passed on a lot of shirts by them. This jacket is absurdly nice though. I'm probably wrong, but the buttonholes look handmade. Hacking pockets and double vents and stuff.

DanM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^custom menswear based in Columbus. Old management run it into bankruptcy. Quality back then was mixed, heard a lot of bad reviews. Former employee bought the name and reopened this year, haven't heard how the new stuff is.

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^custom menswear based in Columbus. Old management run it into bankruptcy. Quality back then was mixed, heard a lot of bad reviews. Former employee bought the name and reopened this year, haven't heard how the new stuff is.

Correct… started by one of the Schottenstein kids. Stuff is crap.

highvoltorb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This was 2008. Made for a guy named Paul Smith which made me laugh.

Correct… started by one of the Schottenstein kids. Stuff is crap.

At least their arena is pretty nice.

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

At least their arena is pretty nice. 

Well being a billionaire will do that. :nodding: Kid is a douche though. He's an acquaintance of a good friend of mine from Cleveland and I had the displeasure of meeting him once. Even if the A&B stuff were decent I'd still dislike it because he was such a tool. anyway… enough about Ohio.

Last edited:

330CK

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Well being a billionaire will do that. :nodding: Kid is a douche though. He's an acquaintance of a good friend of mine from Cleveland and I had the displeasure of meeting him once. Even if the A&B stuff were decent I'd still dislike it because he was such a tool. anyway… enough about Ohio.

The best was when the A&B rep on the forum went rogue and posted the personal info of a member who had the audacity to complain about their service.

Also, that Gucci jacket Spoo found is pretty cool.

Jompso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's the deal with Astor and Black? I've passed on a lot of shirts by them. This jacket is absurdly nice though. I'm probably wrong, but the buttonholes look handmade. Hacking pockets and double vents and stuff.

I actually am acquaintances with the owner. It is a MTM service that comes to your home, provides you with extremely high quality fabric samples including ones from all the top tier regulars on here, after initially discussing with you what your looking for and you construct the suit with them adding your individual specs, based off of general models, I believe they do MTO/Bespoke as well. It's a really great service, extremely high quality.

EDIT: Retract apology, I don't know the NEW owner of the company (who purchased it a year or so ago) in its entirety, it's the guy who runs operations in California ... and for those curious, the new stuff is of extremely high quality.

Last edited:

Jompso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well being a billionaire will do that.
nod[1].gif
Kid is a douche though. He's an acquaintance of a good friend of mine from Cleveland and I had the displeasure of meeting him once. Even if the A&B stuff were decent I'd still dislike it because he was such a tool. anyway… enough about Ohio.
Dated a billionaire for a year and a half. It was the ******* ****. Flying private (once flew a private jet that cost $90,000...one way), getting the nicest fits, best dinners etc..). It was also the most volatile relationship I've ever been in and after we broke up she became a lesbian... people shouldn't have that much money, it inevitably makes them crazy.

Edit: A lot of my friends are also good friends with Bijan's (as in the late suit makers) son...he has three Bugattis...who the **** needs three Bugattis...hes like 24... they were his dad's... but the question still stands... who the **** needs three Bugattis?

Last edited:

Jompso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Now for more relevant topics

1. @SpooPoker are these a dead animal shoe worth buying...is it a dead animal at all, please tell me its a dead animal so I can go back and purchase it.

2. My favorite pick ups of the day. I am a denim head so I got these 2 bad boys.

First being completely raw, Stevenson Overall Co. NWT's. Fairly new denim brand starting to really get on the map, based in LA but all construction and production is in Japan. They are even stocked at Self Edge now.

Edit: Guess I'm not as big of a denim head as I thought. Stevenson has been on the map for a minute, but just so low key and so exclusive no one could find his jeans. Almost zero stockists and releasing product maybe once a year...damn these were a come up.

And then for those who aren't that big into denim, I got a more widely circulated brand you may know. Nearly brand new Louis Vuitton Jeans...all hardware and rivets GOLD...I LLOOVEE GOOLLDD... I would call these one wash raw's, but the denim must be about 9-10 oz...just not substantial at all and they go for on average $500 used on eBay, where the Stevensons are brand new with tags and blow this out of the water when it comes to quality, I'll probably get $175-200 tops for...ridiculous what people will pay just for a logo....I'd take those Stevensons every ******* day of the week over wearing these....but I do still love gold.

Last edited:

Tyrone MacStiophain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hello.

You know that feeling when your heart skips a beat?

Oh man oh man! Lately I've had some entitled expectation that there's a Cucinelli find in my near future. Delusional. And posts like this are NOT helping!

Jompso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh man oh man! Lately I've had some entitled expectation that there's a Cucinelli find in my near future. Delusional. And posts like this are NOT helping!
I want to find Cucinelli sooo bad that I am unable to articulate my need to find it. Its the last big name to cross off the list, has always been something I've wanted to own, way before thrifting days, and it just oozes with quality and style. The only thing I would take over Cucinelli is another Kiton Cashmere to add to my collection of 5 so far. I am a Kiton Cashmere hoarder now...admitting it is the first step.

Tyrone MacStiophain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Two consignment thangs, N/A:

NWT Docs.
<WARNING: FLIP TALK>
This isn't usually on my menu. Any of you guys have luck with Docs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 107 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 108 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.4%

Forum statistics

Threads