• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Some nice shirt finds I finally got a chance to take pics of:
Loro Piana Tux Shirt #1 [COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR]
Loro Piana Tux Shirt #2 [COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR]
Loro Piana White Dress Shirt [COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR] Kiton White Dress Shirt [COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR] Stefano Ricci White Dress Shirt Loro Piana open collar shirt - not sure that these are called Crazy Stefano Ricci weave tie [COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR]
Stefano Ricci Tie #2 [COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR]
Loro Piana is a single piece collar, and is crazy expensive. There should not be any stitching at all. The Kiton, what size is that? Dibsing a 15.5/34-35.:)

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Ken P

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Got it. I was thinking for flipping. For example I know to buy this without asking:

There is just too much stuff here to list that kind of detail for all this gear. Each of those hickey freeman are center vent flap pockets size 41 42 and 44 long. I think I'll get them just in case.

To be honest, a lot of corneliani is a pass for because it won't sell well because it is dated. You can't just decide on label. Do you research, stop expecting us to do it for you

Edit: Also Wes and Spoo could buy anything and make a profit off of it because they are gods. :worship2:

Last edited:

Towers

Reaction score
So this is a bit off topic but I was putting some finishing touches on today so I feel like bragging and I think DIY fits in with the thrifter ethos;
The majority of the labor was me and my lady, the tools were mostly thrifted and the materials were haggled and bartered and donated by sponsors (the lady runs a blog).

Before;

Then it was torn down to the studs and joists and built back up from scratch.
During;
IMG_2590.jpg

done.jpg

beforewalls.jpg

insulation1.jpg

drywalling.jpg

IMG_2697-600x600.jpg

ditraoverwires.jpg

After;
IMG_3087-650x650.jpg

IMG_28051.jpg

1YYfwSS.jpg

YDBVbmn.jpg

pzbISpI.jpg

h7zgszR.jpg

Bonus workwear fit pic, feel free to post feedback.
W00zwjt.jpg

A well deserved (i feel) double beaver
sThvsuu.jpg

Still a few minor things to do, but they are mostly cosmetic and I don't really get as involved in that side of things.

Last edited:

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Who makes those shoes? They look comfortable, and a bit dressier than sneakers. Sketchers? Adidas?

They're actually cole haans. And yeah, they're a pretty damn comfy. They're leather uppers. I figured it was a nice inbetweener for jeans or cords.

sparrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Wait, you reunited an orphan on the internet from two different sellers? That is one of the greatest things this thread has ever produced.
Seriously. Would you guys please stop making me block you? Some of you have sick finds when you're not bickering like schoolchildren.

Reuniting is a dream
Glad to see some one fulfilled that dream

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So this is a bit off topic but I was putting some finishing touches on today so I feel like bragging and I think DIY fits in with the thrifter ethos;
The majority of the labor was me and my lady, the tools were mostly thrifted and the materials were haggled and bartered and donated by sponsors (the lady runs a blog).

Before;

During;
IMG_2590.jpg

done.jpg

beforewalls.jpg

insulation1.jpg

drywalling.jpg

IMG_2697-600x600.jpg

ditraoverwires.jpg

After;
IMG_3087-650x650.jpg

IMG_28051.jpg

1YYfwSS.jpg

YDBVbmn.jpg

pzbISpI.jpg

h7zgszR.jpg

W00zwjt.jpg

sThvsuu.jpg

Still a few minor things to do, but they are mostly cosmetic and I don't really get as involved in that side of things.

Awesome work, Towers.

catside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
GREETINGS FOLKS,

IF ANYBODY HAS A 43 or 44 QUALITY PREFERABLY SHAWL COLLAR TUX , PLEASE PM ME WITH MEASUREMENTS ASAP

CARRY ON, GOOD FINDS AS USUAL.

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Was referring to us plebes... :lol:

Seriously though, I should really consider picking this stuff to consign with you guys. Can't even give them away on my account.

Before;

During;
IMG_2590.jpg

done.jpg

beforewalls.jpg

insulation1.jpg

drywalling.jpg

IMG_2697-600x600.jpg

ditraoverwires.jpg

After;
IMG_3087-650x650.jpg

IMG_28051.jpg

1YYfwSS.jpg

YDBVbmn.jpg

pzbISpI.jpg

h7zgszR.jpg

W00zwjt.jpg

sThvsuu.jpg

Well done! That is an amazing transformation. Love the claw-foot tub!

Last edited:

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Was referring to us plebes...
lol8[1].gif

Seriously though, I should really consider picking this stuff to consign with you guys. Can't even give them away on my account.

Would they even consign that stuff? I was under the impression that spoo and wes (does he even consign?) weren't really interested in that stuff. I pass on that stuff all the time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads