• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Towers

Reaction score

Cherry popped. First time ever going in a BB store, actually ever seeing one, albeit an outlet.
Didn't purchase anything.

In my experience the brooks brothers outlets are pretty ****. They aren't outlets in the true sense (liquidating unsold/offseason goods) but rather retail locations for thier crappy diffusion 346 line.

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cherry popped. First time ever going in a BB store, actually ever seeing one, albeit an outlet.
Didn't purchase anything.

Went to the outlet in Orlando and managed to find the one rack that had regular BB stuff (not 346), on sale, then further marked down on clearance. All wonky sizes and stuff you wouldn't want...I'm pretty sure most of us do better picking up BB stuff at Goodwill.

...a big plot of land with woods and water running through and just escape city life every once in awhile.

You should try camping. It's awesome. heh.
mwink[1].gif

But seriously I bet you have some great camping spots in MN. One thing I miss about Oregon is camping up by Mt. Hood - **** was amazing.

Oh, and I discovered the secret to not behaving like an asshole...

I got 11.5 hours of sleep last night. Best. Thing. Ever.

Super Jelly. Even when I'm beat I can't get more than 7 or 8 - just wake up *bing* for no reason. Today was catching a snooze on the sofa and fricking work called for some frivolous reason. RAGED at them.
ffffuuuu.gif

Also, the nights in June and July by the river, with the midnight sun at 2 a.m. is just the best there is. I'll shoot a summer edition of this one in a few months.

That's gorgeous.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm so looking forward to go soon again and start getting some work done. In May, it starts to be more accessible around the house so we can clean it up and do what needs doing there, and in June it's nice and dry in the woods.

Also, the nights in June and July by the river, with the midnight sun at 2 a.m. is just the best there is. I'll shoot a summer edition of this one in a few months.

Looks pretty nice! Reminds me of the place where my wife grew up (in the foothills of the Rockies in Alberta).

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You should try camping.  It's awesome.  heh.  
mwink%5B1%5D.gif

But seriously I bet you have some great camping spots in MN.  One thing I miss about Oregon is camping up by Mt. Hood - **** was amazing. 

Haha, oh I love camping. Lots up great spots in Northern Minnesota. Sadly my wife much prefers camping at KOA's and other such camp grounds where there's a shower, bathrooms, kids running around, etc. I much prefer hiking way out into the woods, setting up the tent and not seeing anyone else for a few days.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haha, oh I love camping. Lots up great spots in Northern Minnesota. Sadly my wife much prefers camping at KOA's and other such camp grounds where there's a shower, bathrooms, kids running around, etc. I much prefer hiking way out into the woods, setting up the tent and not seeing anyone else for a few days.

Sounds about right...

I took my wife on an overnight snowshoe camping trip in Yosemite last winter (the one where we actually had snow in the mountains). She loved it, especially watching me gathering snow to melt by walking back and forth 30 feet away to get clean snow for cooking and drinking. Of course, the idea of digging a pit in front of the tent door appealed to her as well.

hbkshin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sounds about right...

I took my wife on an overnight snowshoe camping trip in Yosemite last winter (the one where we actually had snow in the mountains). She loved it, especially watching me gathering snow to melt by walking back and forth 30 feet away to get clean snow for cooking and drinking. Of course, the idea of digging a pit in front of the tent door appealed to her as well.

I hope you gave her an Old King Clancy.

R01gt

Reaction score
Some nice shirt finds I finally got a chance to take pics of:

Loro Piana Tux Shirt #1

Loro Piana Tux Shirt #2

Loro Piana White Dress Shirt

Kiton White Dress Shirt

Stefano Ricci White Dress Shirt

Loro Piana open collar shirt - not sure that these are called

Crazy Stefano Ricci weave tie

Stefano Ricci Tie #2

luv2breformed

Reaction score
Hey guys, in store now. Haul of my life, but here are a few I'm unsure of. Thoughts?

Last edited:

futuremyth

Reaction score
Sorry, not frequent here. Is hickey freeman an auto kop? Here is some pattern detail of those 3 jackets.

I think what hbkshin was trying to get at is there there are a zillion variables with this stuff, unfortunately neither the labels nor the buttons communicate enough information to be able to help you out. What size are they? What shape are they in? What are the lapels cut like? Vented? Odd sleeve length? Materials used? Canvassing? Country of manufacture? etc. etc. etc.
Furthermore, buying for what? Self-use, flipping, trade bait? Again, all things that factor in.
Some things are definitely auto-kop (Anderson & Sheppard, Vicuña anything) but for everything else, there are a myriad of factors that should go into the decision. Hope this helps!

luv2breformed

Reaction score

I think what hbkshin was trying to get at is there there are a zillion variables with this stuff, unfortunately neither the labels nor the buttons communicate enough information to be able to help you out. What size are they? What shape are they in? What are the lapels cut like? Vented? Odd sleeve length? Materials used? Canvassing? Country of manufacture? etc. etc. etc. 
Furthermore, buying for what? Self-use, flipping, trade bait? Again, all things that factor in.
Some things are definitely auto-kop (Anderson & Sheppard, Vicuña anything) but for everything else, there are a myriad of factors that should go into the decision. Hope this helps!

Got it. I was thinking for flipping. For example I know to buy this without asking:

There is just too much stuff here to list that kind of detail for all this gear. Each of those hickey freeman are center vent flap pockets size 41 42 and 44 long. I think I'll get them just in case.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads