• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

size 38R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bro, cover anything that's super obscure/super JPN fashion all tricked out and we don't see much of it in the states!

Well, i just thought that you guys might be passing on stuff because you never heard of it. so if it helps the thread even a bit. it's worth doing. a few more brands today. posting later.

Last edited:

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Maiden Noir jeans are pretty cool but not at Flat Head or IH level. Their SW is pretty dope but too similar to Norse Projects though...Actually, can I just call them NP ripoffs???!!! Haha, I kid, I kid! :D HAHA! I haz the same cowboy shirt!!! I actually haz this kick ass one with hella rose embroidered on it! Got it on discount years ago!
Did you wear it to your wedding?

size 38R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The obscure jp Grail guide, part 2.

"BIG JOHN" One of the originals. they are a grail for what they represent, as an older company. and they are well made too! quality 8.5/10
(these have seen a lot of wear time, they are well faded. but look ready to go for a lot longer)

"Kyoji Maruyama" Is a Japanese fashion designer, and the only way to describe his feel is "what characters in Final Fantasy wear". cool stuff, but not all for me. quality 8/10

"Number (N)ine" Are super desirable grail SW&D. and these were clearly made more for style than strength. simillar in level to G-star. just way more expensive. quality 7/10
Let's continue in retail, just to show the aesthetics of some more brands.

"BUZZ RICKSONS" Are a "Americana" tribute brand, and very 1940's influenced. with quality, well made stuff, good Denims, Good leathers. some of it i Dig. quality 9.5/10

"MOMOTARO" Are now famous, and they are good. nice denim, solid construction. famous with good reason. might kop in future.... quality 9/10

"TED Company"
Are a sister company of "Kaminari Garage". and their stuff is a mix of "Americana" and "car guy" influences. i dig this company a lot. fairly well made, fun style. quality 8/10
see these jackets to show the combination of the two company's with the black one featureng "Tedman" on the front. some great bad english on these too! love it.

back to the list....

"Studio D' Artisan"
A must for anyone who would call themselves a "Denim head". they are on the same level as SugarCanes, but just a little more concentrated on stronger Denims. great stuff . quality 8.5/10

"Pherrows" I have seen this stuff in the thrifts, and not kopped. but it is good stuff, just kopped other things. strong Denim, sewn well. grail beaters. workwear fosho. quality 8/10.

There is plenty more to see, and i will scour the thrifts to get pics for you guys. i hope you enjoy the variety. and kop if you see any in the states.
part 3 will be ALL items found in thrifts, like part 1. seeing things in the retail environment illustrates the genre of things i find in trifts. and i can show you garments in new condition.
all items pictured are quality, and keepers for sure. some have great resale value if that's your thing also. 90% is made in japan, but all is japan streetwear brands. the styles here are totally different. and only limited by the wearer's imagination. please forgive the long posts. part 3 in a few days.

Happy hunting!
biggrin.gif

Edit: i would like to add that i see all these company's in thrifts. but they close earlier than the retail store. so i went there for pics. i have kopped Tedman's and kaminari at thrifts. Buzz Rickson is always too expensive. and momotaro was sold when i went out yesterday. so retail made it easy to show them.

Last edited:

matty long legs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
NWT zegna wool sweater.

Spoo, look for an email this week about a big box o' stuff I want to send your way.

thefastlife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
finally got around to taking pics of my available ties...LOTS of photos, take a look!

thefastlife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
and some shoes

Church's Custom Grades and Alden monks

edit: this thing isn't too good at keeping the photos in the order you uploaded them.

Last edited:

size 38R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
TFL: some nice ties in there. you are really growing as a thrifter.
fing02[1].gif

Snoogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Angry dragon?
I don't recall that being anything.

Nope. It's strawberry shortcake
This doesn't ring a bell either...I thought it was something on the lines of "bloody Pirate" or something. Because when they bleed from the nose, you kick their shin, so they start hoping on one foot...my memory fails me at times.

evolutionofRW

Reaction score
Cuse/Duke at 6:30 for me. Game of the century thus far. E-thriftedspentalotofmoney on tickets. Carrier Dome be rockin with 36k expected. I was there the last time the NCAA attendance record was broken, it was bananas in there.

Edit: I wanted to get College Gameday tickets, they were free but first come first served. They always hand those things out at the dumbest times, like 10am last Friday I think. I was at a client 45 min away so missed out.
that was a hell of a game! I watched it on TV!

size 38R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Couple of sweets.

Mix of PRL and BB ties (one Faconnable). My first wool PRL tie.

NWOT Isaia, NWT Brioni pants (both going to my dad, probably. Came across the pants for $56)

Dual Vent goodness - cashmere/wool blend

vexco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
found some alright stuff yesterday. will get pics up today sometime. thanks for the rest of that guide, 38R. really appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads