• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

evolutionofRW

Reaction score
Just caught up on the past two days of the thread---it's in a weird place right now haha..That being said, "The Rabid Raccoon" had to be my favorite one, although the Houdini is a close second.

Also 38R nice write up on the denimz. Thanks!

TJhambone09

Reaction score

that was a hell of a game! I watched it on TV!

Oh Em Gee. It felt like the air was sucked out when Sulaimon hit the 3 and when Hood went for the dunk, but the whole place went ballistic when the dunk hit the rim. I thought it was gonna be over when Parker fouled out so early, but they fought. It helps when you have like 4 sharpshooters and the defense is designed to force long shots.

Let's just say I'm just waking up from the celebration that ensued in and around the Dome, and I need to go thrift some Tylenol. Ive been to countless professional sporting events, and that was the best game ive ever been at. Yes, from a spectator point of view, major college BB and FB are professional haha.

I see a lot of stuff like on ESPN message boards about flopping, and Christmas definitely flopped at least twice. But I dont see the problem with it. If the refs aren't good enough to call a foul on its merit rather on the sell job afterward, time for new refs. Easy to say when we are on the benefiting end, I know.

Sorry for the thread derail. Proceed.

AMProf

Reaction score

NWT zegna wool sweater.

What tha.......with a Franco's tag still on it.........at a thrift?! I just don't know what to say.

size 38R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FINALLY!!!finally finally finally finally FUCCKINNGGG FINALLLY

STILL GOING

is this not a good time...........
biggrin.gif

oh, how is driving the ferarri on ice??? i'm having fun.

Last edited:

green_machine

Reaction score
Brag/fit. It's still very hot in Florida.

Save khaki new with Barneys tags- thrift
Cheaney tweed Cs in mint condition - eBay
Gustins - retail... from their website $85
Hair product (but no haircut)- aveda - free from my wife

I don't think I will purchase new denim ever again unless it's from gustin.

tubs

Reaction score
J Crew medium from this year. Available Chest 21.5", Sleeves from shoulder to cuff 25.75", Shoulders 18.5, Length 29.7"

Ascot Chang Available Chest 21.75 ", Sleeves from shoulder to cuff 22.5"Sleeves from collar to cuff 29.5", Shoulder 19", Length 30.5", Neck 15.25"

Filson wool shirt. 40. Available for trade only. Chest 24 ", Sleeves from shoulder to cuff 23.25", Shoulder 18.25", Length 31"

Acne 32x34. Available. Waist 17" pulled straight, TL 45", Inseam 35.25, Rise 9.75", Leg opening 7.5-7.75"

For my wife

For my wife

Patagonia Military Windshirt- Went to the patagonia store yesterday and they said they make a lot of stuff for the US army. Apparently you can find R1s at army surplus stores. There's actually one next door to the Patagonia store, but I couldn't find any there. I think I saw some of these however. They didn't have the patagonia label on them though. Going to ebay unless anyone really wants it.

Last edited:

jungleroller

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Couple of sweets.

These wouldn't be for sale would they?

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask but I'm gonna toss up a SC on ebay just trying to get an idea of price to list it? I was thinking $50 but I'm not sure since it appears an older EZ...

If this type of questioning is frowned upon, please disregard.

SpecialK2k12

Reaction score
Been a decent week for sweaters around here. (All available)
Paul and Shark Yachting Wool Made in Italy Sweater

Labeled Size: Large, P2P: 21.5" Sleeve: 22" Length: 26" Shoulder: 23"

Brooks Brothers Merino Wool Sweater, Made in Italy

Labeled Size: XL P2P: 25" Sleeve: 21" Length: 24.5" Shoulder: 22"

Rag and Bone x Target Collab Cardigan

Labeled Size: Large P2P: 22" Shoulder: 18" Sleeve: 26" Length: 28"

Then some shirts, only really notable cause I popped two cherries, Jack Spade and Corneliani.
(L -> R) CT French Cuffs w/ Metal Stays 16.5/36, Light Yellow Corneliani 16, Jack Spade Large.

thefastlife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PATTERN CHECK?? (for most, no idea)

Also, what is the BB? Just a vest? Special name? I never picked one of these up...thx bros!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads