• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nothing crazy today. Two pick ups over lunch.

I don't think this is an orphan SC and I think it's recent-ish. Looks like very little wear and ALL the pockets are basted shut.42R
And a pair of 9.5 Cole Haan horsebit loafers. The heels look like they've barely seen the light of day.

Both available in case anyones interested.

Evil Abed

Reaction score
That is bad ass. Damn shame the 2" that needed to be in the lapels ran away with the 2" that needed to be in the length
frown.gif

Damn, I bet you have multiples of the tie I'm looking for in trade too.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Damn, I bet you have multiples of the tie I'm looking for in trade too.
literally.
(yes that is a grenadine spottted shantung)

Last edited:

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score

I don't think this is an orphan SC and I think it's recent-ish. Looks like very little wear and ALL the pockets are basted shut.42R
And a pair of 9.5 Cole Haan horsebit loafers. The heels look like they've barely seen the light of day.

Jacket is an orphan and old....like 5 lables ago old.

and

Shoes... maybe its just the pictures but they look pretty beat (maybe heels replaced??)

If you are buying this stuff for you all good, but to trade and sell, which is sounds like...might want to be a little more picky. IMO

tben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Not recent and an orphan!
teacha.gif

Edit: Tried to spoiler the pics but it isn't working, sorry.

Last edited:

aglose

Reaction score
Gentleman, I've been supremely busy at school but find myself looking for a new thin watch. Anyone have anything that meets this standard? Classic looking would also be appreciated. :) please message me if you have something.

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not recent and an orphan!
teacha.gif

Edit: Tried to spoiler the pics but it isn't working, sorry.

Oh balls. I guess I'll return it shortly then. Atleast the shoes will do well at that other place.

Weird to see something older show up like this then. I thought the lapels were a little more fishy than usual, but I was hopeful. Too hopeful. haha.

Can you tell from the tag that it was an orphan? I don't see a pant size on there. I guess the buttons look a little suspect.

BLARRRGHHHH!

Last edited:

tben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh balls. I guess I'll return it shortly then. Atleast the shoes will do well at that other place.

Weird to see something older show up like this then. I thought the lapels were a little more fishy than usual, but I was hopeful. Too hopeful. haha.

Can you tell from the tag that it was an orphan? I don't see a pant size on there. I guess the buttons look a little suspect.

BLARRRGHHHH!

Sell it on eBay as an SC and see what happens.
peepwall[1].gif
devil.gif

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Jacket is an orphan and old....like 5 lables ago old.

and

Shoes... maybe its just the pictures but they look pretty beat (maybe heels replaced??)

If you are buying this stuff for you all good, but to trade and sell, which is sounds like...might want to be a little more picky. IMO
Nah. Shoes look decent. Flash was weird. It'll be fine in natural light.

How can you tell about the orphan-ism? I mean, the buttons are a tell but anything on the tag?
I should have known better. They're using the griffin logo now right? I've seen one lately too.

Blah. I feel like a lost cause right now haha.

tben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah. I am pretty bummed. Was in TJ Maxx on Sunday and they had a Links of London watch on clearance for $99. Great looking piece with a chronograph, but the chronograph function was off. It was quite a shame because it really was a nice looking watch.

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sell it on eBay as an SC and see what happens.
peepwall%5B1%5D.gif
devil.gif

I will find you and give you the worst papercut of your life!

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't blame you :p

If you're going to be dumb, be tough, right?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads