• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

YRR92

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How can you tell about the orphan-ism? I mean, the buttons are a tell but anything on the tag?
I should have known better. They're using the griffin logo now right? I've seen one lately too.
I just figure anything that could have had pants probably did at one point.

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

jamiebryant

Reaction score
Whut up ya'll
Been chillen for a min, I do got some Streetwear **** I wanna post, but itll have to wait a little.

Anyway, just wanted to pop up and share this, a few pages back someone else (sorry, cant remember who) posted the bay link to that NES gold cartridge...This morning when I checked it, I almost shat my trousers....it was at $35,000....I just checked it now...its at $100,088..Im excited to see where this ends. Oh yeah, its a 10-day listing, it still has 7 days to go hahahaha!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NES-Nintend...-RARE-100-Authentic-Adult-Owned-/281253143194

tben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whut up ya'll
Been chillen for a min, I do got some Streetwear **** I wanna post, but itll have to wait a little.

Anyway, just wanted to pop up and share this, a few pages back someone else (sorry, cant remember who) posted the bay link to that NES gold cartridge...This morning when I checked it, I almost shat my trousers....it was at $35,000....I just checked it now...its at $100,088..Im excited to see where this ends. Oh yeah, its a 10-day listing, it still has 7 days to go hahahaha!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NES-Nintend...-RARE-100-Authentic-Adult-Owned-/281253143194

Wait, is that your listing?

YRR92

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fair enough.

I admit, I'm a pessimist.

I will say that one jacket in my summer rotation is probably an orphan, but it's one button swap away from working for me as a sportcoat (it's like a charcoal blue fresco-ish solid), and I have a BB navy herringbone flannel I'll probably flip, but otherwise, I don't own anything that's gray area.

Randy

Reaction score
Is this business about 100k for certain NES cartridges real? I can understand that kind of pricing for selected 1950s big crown Rolexes or some such. But NES cartridges?

Last edited:

gerbilunit

Reaction score
BIG SHOUTOUT to @eazye !!!!!!
HOOKED me up big time with a moon tweed vest.
fistbump.gif

I owe you man. i'll be keeping my eye out!

cpmac7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is this business about 100k for certain NES cartridges real? I can understand that kind of pricing for selected 1950s big crown Rolexes or some such. But NES cartridges?

Very rare items, I believe that there are only like 15-25 left in existence. Also, I go as far as saying that there are more fans of Video Games than Rolexs (bold prediction, I know)

Evil Abed

Reaction score
Today I also ran into the heartbreak that was finding my first Belvest in a thrift, finding that it was my size, and then seeing probably a couple hundred dollars worth of reweaving work necessary on the sleeves. Freaking navy blue staple SC. Bah humbug.

vexco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
alright, so, i need to extend my wardrobe...by a lot. if anyone finds any cool, slim-fitting shirts in XL hit me up!

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Long | Live | YP

Photoshop is strong with this one.
Wha? Argggh!
ffffuuuu.gif
Yesterday at an out-of-town store, I passed on a pair, because they were made in 1998 or 99 and had that weird spiral seam. People want those?
You can always check out the fleabay sold listings just to make sure.

Is this business about 100k for certain NES cartridges real? I can understand that kind of pricing for selected 1950s big crown Rolexes or some such. But NES cartridges?
Bro, you just don't understand how crazy nerds get especially those with $!!!

size 38R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whut up ya'll

might set a one time record..

Very rare items, I believe that there are only like 15-25 left in existence. Also, I go as far as saying that there are more fans of Video Games than Rolexs (bold prediction, I know)
in my local consignment stores, you can get a Rolex for $2000-$3000 as a regular price. which i could own in the near future, but a rare nes game like that??? i would need to get lucky.
for now, just happy with a Seiko.and building a nice wardrobe.

The Engineered jeans? wearing them now.
satisfied.gif

Last edited:

ATLjon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nothing crazy today. Two pick ups over lunch.

I don't think this is an orphan SC and I think it's recent-ish. Looks like very little wear and ALL the pockets are basted shut.42R

The fact that the pockets are basted shut means nothing at all. If the vent was basted shut, that might mean something,

size 38R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just got a FREE Cigar cutter in the mail!!! #Winning!

thankyou christmas Amazon gift card!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads