• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBurnOut

Reaction score
A few recent pickups.

I did not pick this one up but I couldn't leave it without grabbing a pic.

Orgetorix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

To those of you that end up going thrifting a lot, are you flipping the majority of what you buy? I've seen a bunch of people post things that wouldn't fit a chimera!

Do you guys flip this stuff on ebay?

I throw anything that doesn't fit on my Universal Shrink-N-Stretch-R and keep it.

TheBurnOut

Reaction score
Yeah, I giggled like a 12 year old in the middle of GW.

mistermidwester

Reaction score
Been lurking, but not getting out much due to work. Had a couple nice hits yesterday, though.

Cashmere Etro, super crazy Paul Stuart, nicest Talbott I've ever held, ollllld J Press.

Really nice Samuelsohn staple suit. How old is this label?

Some rekkids. Super stoked about the Europa Jazz and Switched on Beatles.

arnathor

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Everything is thrifted or bought cheap!
Like the pairings? Constructive critics are encouraged.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Everything is thrifted or bought cheap!
Like the pairings? Constructive critics are encouraged.

This reminds me of that Lending Tree commercial where the guy gets dressed up to go apply for a loan. Is this how you dress to go to the Apple Store?
peepwall[1].gif

It feels a little low-contrast for my taste, but I'm no expert.

Evil Abed

Reaction score
Constructive critics are encouraged.
I dig the jacket and tie together, but I think this would look even better with a light blue shirt. Nice fit regardless, thanks for sharing.

I photographed an event last week with a regular client and asked what I should wear. They said black trousers/black pants would work just fine (this was much better than their initial request of formal... which I would later figure out meant business attire). I also could have worn a more trad outfit but photographing an event in a sport coat is neither good for my photographs or the sport coat. I get there and realize I match the caterers/wait staff perfectly shy of their black ties
baldy[1].gif
. Thank god I had a camera in my hands and a badge that read event photographer. Needless to say, I'll be getting some stuff I've had sitting in my closet tailored so that this sort of bs wont happen again.

Last edited:

jcubzzz

Reaction score
I know everyone is tired of these sort of questions but I have to ask. Found this Hermes scarf today. Everything to my untrained eye seems to check out but I would love a second opinion on it's authenticity. Also any information on what this is a picture of would be great, appears to be German/Austrian. (please be real!)

and for the second annoying question. Does anybody recognize this tag? It is from a made in Italy wool overcoat. Did not find the tag in the label thread.

TheBurnOut

Reaction score

Yep, I hear they're tight.

I'm curious about these two- I'd like to google their names but I'm a little worried about what might come up.

arnathor

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

I dig the jacket and tie together, but I think this would look even better with a light blue shirt. Nice fit regardless, thanks for sharing.

I photographed an event last week with a regular client and asked what I should wear. They said black trousers/black pants would work just fine (this was much better than their initial request of formal... which I would later figure out meant business attire). I also could have worn a more trad outfit but photographing an event in a sport coat is neither good for my photographs or the sport coat. I get there and realize I match the caterers/wait staff perfectly shy of their black ties 
baldy%5B1%5D.gif
. Thank god I had a camera in my hands and a badge that read event photographer. Needless to say, I'll be getting some stuff I've had sitting in my closet tailored so that this sort of bs wont happen again.
it's actually a light blue truzzi shirt

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
having some decent luck today. deets later.

for now, small guys (37-38), if you want 2 light gray staple handmade hong kong suits, dual vent ticket pocket pleated, get at me in the next 10-15 minutes. will proxy, but thats still a couple of Jacksons.

arnathor

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

This reminds me of that Lending Tree commercial where the guy gets dressed up to go apply for a loan. Is this how you dress to go to the Apple Store? 
peepwall%5B1%5D.gif

It feels a little low-contrast for my taste, but I'm no expert.
cheers! Thanks for your input :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads