• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shoeluv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
http://www.hangerproject.com/saphir-renovateur.html $21.95 plus shipping at hangerproject. Shipping may or may not be cheaper than Kent Wang's price.
It's not even close for a single bottle. Kent Wang's is $22 + $4 shipping for $26 shipped. Hanger Project is $21.95 + $11.64 shipping for $33.59 shipped. Wang uses 1st class mail for a single bottle which is why so cheap.

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pretty neat Crombie (fabric?) coat. No size tag, but fits me (a 42L) with street clothes on. Wish it ever got cold enough to wear it.

Crombie is a Scottish brand that makes their own outerwear / sweaters etc, and is the name behind the well-known Crombie (style) jacket - other jackets can be described as "a Crombie jacket" but are usually not Crombie brand...akin to saying Kleenex or Band-Aid to refer to a product type as opposed to the brand itself They are also fabric suppliers - like Loro Piana etc. I've only come across one Crombie brand item, and it was a 100% cashmere blazer, so snoop around for a fabric tag.

edwardthefirst

Reaction score
Thrift fit on Vacation:
Sport coat: Vintage H Freeman and Sons
Tie: Zegna
Shirt: Brooks Brothers
PS: unnamed
Chinos: Incotex
Shoes: Churchs custom grade
All thrifted by me.

Sorry for the crappy iPhone pics, gents

MJMcRibb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sort of a theme to today's pick ups, although nothing super brag worthy.
NOS LL Bean Suede

PRL military style pima cotton/alpaca blend

Cresco suede & corduroy barn jacket.

Schott & Orvis

Hopmoleman

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I've been following this thread for a long time soaking up as much info as I can and literally have spent the last two weeks or so catching up and what I have missed after a five month hiatus. I've been waiting until I found something worthwhile or had something helpful I could contribute but due to limited, but growing, knowledge and few and far between thrift sessions, this is my first post.

I found what I am assuming is an orphan Zegna Napoli Couture 15 milmil 15 jacket (3 roll 2?) I researched what I could but am having difficulty because it has no content tag. I'm assuming its legit, it is one of the finest pieces I have ever held but I was wondering if any of you fine gentlemen could enlighten me as to what I have. I searched through all the pants with no luck (although I did find a pair of pretty worn Evisu no. 2 jeans, which I, coincidentally, learned about from here) and all the women's pants with no luck either. Is there anyway to learn anything about this without the content tag?

I appreciate any help and I can't thank you enough for all the knowledge and entertainment you provide. It's great to see the collegiality here and I hope I can contribute. Sorry for the crappy pics...

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For the win...

http://www.styleforum.net/content/type/61/id/954562/width/200/height/400[/IMG

[IMG]http://www.styleforum.net/content/type/61/id/954563/width/200/height/400]

EDIT: The best part of this is that this machine, in much better condition, routinely sells for less than $400 at auction...

Last edited:

Snoogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Shout out to tben for some awesome NWT PRL Made in Italy linen pants!

My linen collection continues to grow. :bigstar:

I am working on growing mine as well. My summers can be brutal. 46 days and counting over 100 degree temps. We average 36 annually, so 10 over so far, and still have all of sept to get through. Including 2 more 102s this weekend.

landscapes

Reaction score
Speaking of linen, found this blend the other day. MOP buttons, seems more or less nwot. Sorry pictures stink, someone stole a bunch of stuff from my apartment the other day including my computer and camera. Store had a bunch of really nice orphans, only one i wasn't sure if I should have copped was a givenchy monsieur fully canvassed number.

FaceOfBoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Speaking of linen, found this blend the other day. MOP buttons, seems more or less nwot.

Sulka update:
I know this is the new line but... this summer I posted a small excerpt from a 1943 noir thriller I was reading in which the protagonist is pissed that his Sulka tie was destroyed when he was attacked by the bad guys.

I'm just wrapping up a recent biography of Joseph P. Kennedy and there are several mentions of Sulka. Kennedy had bespoke suits from his time in London but also custom shirts, etc from Sulka. And in a quote from a letter to one of his children he mentions how JFK drops by while travelling and he had to set his son up with some casual attire from his own stock, including some new white Sulka underwear.

DanM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That brings up an interesting question - is there a label guide to differentiating between the new and old sulka? I posted pics of a tie found a week or so ago that looked like brand new - and I guess it could be. How do I tell if its well preserved old stock or new from Mr Porters?

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

That brings up an interesting question - is there a label guide to differentiating between the new and old sulka? I posted pics of a tie found a week or so ago that looked like brand new - and I guess it could be. How do I tell if its well preserved old stock or new from Mr Porters?

99.9% older. Mr. Porters havent been out long enough to have run the cycle of wear and donation.

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
J.Crew Linen Ludlow (Pre-dibsed for Brianpore)
fistbump.gif

Just curious - what is the etiquette for trading with members? I am starting to pick up some stuff that are not in my size that others may be interested in. - Thanks
Anything in 36S just send me a PM - See above
lol8[1].gif

drool.gif

Accumulated Zegna shirts from past month.

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Quick more casual thrift/discount fit. - Happy New Year
mwink[1].gif

- Brooks Brothers Super Slim Shirt from Steve Smith
- Banana Republic Wool MiniBirdseye Pants on sale under $10 Retail
- Ebay Bragano for Cole Haan "Boots" - Ebay for $43
- Coach Belt

Last edited:

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
fistbump.gif

Anything in 36S just send me a PM - See above
lol8%5B1%5D.gif

drool.gif

icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif

Quick more casual thrift/discount fit. - Happy New Year
mwink%5B1%5D.gif

- Brooks Brothers Super Slim Shirt from Steve Smith
- Banana Republic Wool MiniBirdseye Pants on sale under $10 Retail
- Ebay Bragano for Cole Haan "Boots" - Ebay for $43
- Coach Belt
fing02[1].gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads