• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whoops! I almost forgot the most important piece. Back to school/new job present to myself. 80% off, from the Rack. :slayer: :slayer:

Last edited:

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I went to drop off some books at one of the spots, and all three of these were on a rack that had just rolled out.
Brian sized Schott pea coat in what feels like horsehide, rock star. :slayer:

Brian sized navy Brioni suit. Dual vent, working cuffs

And this ****, recent BB 1818 Fitzgerald, both the trousers and the jacket have the 1818 Fitzgerald tag. It's dark in the store, so I didn't notice that the jacket is black and the trousers are navy until I got it home. :censored: :fu:

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

She is gorgeous, having a houseful of boys I always wanted a little girl. Congratulations!

Funny, when I woke up recently with all three daughters in bed plus my wife, I recall thinking: "In college? When I said I wanted to wake up with a bed full of women? Yeah, this isn't quite what I had in mind."

Edit: Oh, yeah, SEA: CONGRATS!

I haven't had time to do much thrifting lately, but here's what I've scooped over the last two weeks or so.
Recent Oxxford for Barneys charcoal pinstripe suit
Sak's made in Italy

Hand rolled silk pocket square

Dead sexy.

Am I kopping Sorel Caribous for twenty bucks

Dunno. Are you?
And here's my non-wiseass response:
From an economic rationality standpoint, it would seem to make sense if that is a better price than one could obtain it from elsewhere, specifically Ebay. So you'd be buying it at below value. Which this link seems to suggest:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/Mens-Shoes-...w=sorel+caribou&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc
Until this Spoiler, I didn't even mention the words flip or profit. Merely made an economic justification argument.

Last edited:

JL3212

Reaction score
Congrats Seajen!

Eazy, nice finds! That sucks about the BB pants but the rest of your stuff should make up for it. I can't remember if it's you or not, but I thought you were the one that always found fair isle stuff.

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Didn't go thrifting yesterday, but I did pick up a new Paisley. L'shana tovah.

Congrats! Do you guys thrift baby wear?

IRKSM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^I own the same pair of sorels, no idea on flip though

ALSO WHO IS A 17 SHOULDER????

Shoeluv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I purchased my Sorel's in 1994 when living in Alaska and they are still going strong. I live in the snow belt of Massachusetts now and use them a lot. Not sure of resell value but they are the best overall purchase I have made to date (or at least the one that has lasted me the longest).

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Congrats Seajen!

Eazy, nice finds! That sucks about the BB pants but the rest of your stuff should make up for it. I can't remember if it's you or not, but I thought you were the one that always found fair isle stuff.

I do have a bunch of it, most thrfted. I cant wait to bust it out, soooooooooo close!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 84 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads