• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My finds from the last week or so:
Sick BB guncheck, I really need to find one of these in my size. Already on it's way to Wes.

Recent J Crew herringbone for my wife.

Minty shoe trees in my size, I've almost got a pair of these for every shoe I own. :slayer:

Kenzo Paris silk and wool paisley waist coat.

NWT Corn

J Crew duffel down vest

BB small slim fit linen military shirt

My first Isaia, courtesy of ATLJon, thanks again man! A real thing of beauty!

Oxxford full **** you suit.

Barbour Eskadale, on a tip from Silverwarebandit. :slayer:

RLBL

Last edited:

MZhammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My finds from the last week or so:
Sick BB guncheck, I really need to find one of these in my size. Already on it's way to Wes.

Awesome Haul. I found this EXACT coat mint condition last week too...

Last edited:

ScottW

Reaction score
Nothing to see here. How do I delete spoilers that show up in the wrong place?!?

Stuff in this post doesn't fit and is available to thrift thread posters.

Pendleton, made in USA, excellent condition, wool is crisp and scratchy. Red, dark navy and gray plaid with insane color saturation. How I wish this fit, but it's size S.

Pringle 100% lambswool sweater made in Scotland, nice and soft but too huge for me, tagged XXL.

Has the Pringle logo embroidered on the left sleeve. In good used condition overall. One tiny brown spot visible in this pic about 1/3 way from the left along the lower edge. I have not tried any cleaning product on this but it was responsive to my fingernail so whatever it is should wash out fine.

Orvis wide wale cord jacket, 3roll2 with suede elbow patches, leather covered buttons (spares included), tags show size 44.

Dat throat latch...

This thing seems almost unworn, but for full disclosure, there is one small blemish in the corduroy on the outside of the left sleeve.

Approximate measurements:
Shoulder: 20"
P2P: 23"
Half-waist: 22.5"
BOC to hem: 31.5"
Sleeves: 24.5" + 1" to let out

Popped my RLPL cherry with this shirt but it's too big for me. 100% linen, size XL.

I'll post this in the thrift BST thread too.

jkidd41011

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Scott W.....I have that exact same Woolrich scratchy sweater. Bought it new at the Trail Shop in Chapel Hill in 1997. I think the thing is bullet proof. I got grease on it one time...had it dry cleaned and it was gone.

SomethingsFishy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fishy went thrifting. In BOSTON!

Let's just start with the best.

I don't always pay 74 dollars for a pair of thrifted shoes...

But when I do, they're a pair of floor sample Alden for BB shell cordovan wingtips
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Any idea what color these are in shell? They're browner than they look in the first pic (see the others) I'm pretty sure they're cigar or ravello, but I want to hear from someone who knows their stuff. 13 D, available but going on eBay for lotsa $$$- still trying to pay off these car repairs :/

BB 41 L sport coat, three button, main pic wasn't playing nice :/

Orvis denim SC? Odd (and cheap) enough for me to grab it.

Old ass PRL Donegal made in USA- 16.5 inch shoulders! N/A, Mein!
Still probs gonna need a good 200 in tailoring work though :/

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Fishy went thrifting. In BOSTON! 
Any idea what color these are in shell? They're browner than they look in the first pic (see the others) I'm pretty sure they're cigar or ravello, but I want to hear from someone who knows their stuff. 13 D, available but going on eBay for lotsa $$$- still trying to pay off these car repairs :/ 
They are #8, lightened by time and exposure to light.

IRKSM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
posted this find a while ago saying it was na because I thought for some reason I would have a need for a leather briefcase.. I have since come to my senses...
AVIALABLE

also I have been working on redoing my room for a minute, I am still waiting for an og pressing of bitches brew and a black flag signed poster to come in the mail though, not to mention I am on the hunt for a few albums
-public enemy, fear of a black planet
-nas, illmatic
-the cramps, bad music for bad people
if anyone has one or more of those and is willing to part with them hmu

check out that thug nasty andover sign

this bench that you see is going to be apolstered in leather similar to the color of the leather duffel I have placed there. ps peep the luxeswap sign on my turntable

this is the other decorated wall (I know my katanas are upside down) and I still have to route the wire through the wall on the lamp but I like the direction it is heading

ALSO I AM GOING OUT IN THE FIELD FOR THE FIRST TIME IN MONTHS TODAY I HOPE ALL MY HONEY HOLES HAVE RESTOCKED THEMSELVES!

Last edited:

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^ Room looks good, Ian!

Slow day. Just one pair of Polo RL made in England work boots. Am I correct in assuming these are C&J? The markings are similar to a pair of chukkas on eBay advertised as being made by C&J.

Last edited:

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gents: I have been in absentia again. Hope to post some cool finds soon. In the meantime, are these real? Didn't pay much for them, so I doubt it and am not stressed if not. But on the other hand, if they are fake, I will have to simply accept high end knockoff jeans as my Kryptonite.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

And here it is, for your viewing pleasure/horror:
Holy shitballs. I take four days of the thrift thread, and this happens! (Together with 500 new posts :fu: ) Can someone just tell me the story of Spoo and The Big Cloak Leather Jacket? That would be awesome! *Lately: Flat Front Bill's khakis, size 38, TANK LIKE CONSTRUCTION. Available Vintage Jhane Barnes for Nieman Marcus for Men shirt with interdasting fabric spun in Japan. Keeping.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics