• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Yay!
So looking closer at this tag, am I correct in believing it's from 1973?

Not from 1973.

pnutpug

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Found this jacket and need to know if it's worth going back in the morning. Anyone? Thanks.

1ofTheCoolKids

Reaction score
The user ARNATHOR also makes pocket squares.

Who was it that was making their own pocket squares recently?

I have an out of commission blazer with the buttons already harvested. The silk lining is a thing of beauty, and it would be a shame to waste it,

That would be me. Hand rolled, not machine sewn.

BTW, Wes: The day of the Bagger Vance fit approaches. July 23. Expect pictures soon thereafter. There will be much disapproval, but zero effs given.
Little bastards dig up and chew all my plants. I hate 'em all.

staxringold

Reaction score

Ebay has to be the worst company with the stupidest and ancient policies on the face of this earth!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I listed my items on sunday with the intention of adding the description on Monday. But I had a family issue yesterday.

Now, I'm trying to update my listing but they said because there is a bid that I CANNOT revise this. Is this the most stupid policy you've ever heard?? I can't even add in the description of the pit to pit and etc.

Does anyone know of a loophole of where I can get around this? I'd greatly appreciate it. I'm starting to get really sick and tired of ebay because this isn't the first issue I've had with them

You should be able to post responses to bidder questions to the listing. You could get a friend with an eBay account to ask a question on the listing like "What are measurements XYZ?" and you post the response.

IRKSM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This is more how I picture you Better dressed of course
crackup%5B1%5D.gif
Unlike that horrifying human being I can walk under my own power and do not in fact have calves with a one inch radius

SomethingsFishy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FWT

(Hermes)

Santoni

Florsheim imperial

Hartmann

Dunhill (Zegna) 100s with 1/2 surgeon cuffs and hacking pocket + baller buttons

BB Country club (LP 120s)

Bowen (AS) 10D

My friend back in Seattle just pulled a Brioni pure Escorial, he's promised me pics but it''s N/A!

Snoogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ebay has to be the worst company with the stupidest and ancient policies on the face of this earth!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I listed my items on sunday with the intention of adding the description on Monday. But I had a family issue yesterday.

Now, I'm trying to update my listing but they said because there is a bid that I CANNOT revise this. Is this the most stupid policy you've ever heard?? I can't even add in the description of the pit to pit and etc.

Does anyone know of a loophole of where I can get around this? I'd greatly appreciate it. I'm starting to get really sick and tired of ebay because this isn't the first issue I've had with them
i think you should not allow a posting to go live if its not 100% complete...

if that policy was not in place, far worse would happen

k4lnamja

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

i think you should not allow a posting to go live if its not 100% complete...

if that policy was not in place, far worse would happen

I agree but also disagree.

Yes, everything should be complete because ... that's my personality in general.

However, ebay should adopt a policy that sellers SHOULD be able to revise listings. Ebay has a vesting interest in SELLERS because they collect fees from US. Also, if we revised something then ebay should have an automated system in that bidders/watchers would receive an email of the change.

It's common sense IMO. This is the premier ecommerce site yet they have Land Before Time -like policies. This is another reason why my colleagues in tech laugh at this company for not being innovated.

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It makes perfect sense to a buyer - I wouldn't want to bid on something described one way and have the seller be able to change it at any time, especially since I may never go look at it again until the auction is over...i.e.: I bid on a "Large" shirt and the seller later adds measurements that clearly show it's a medium, or has extra-short altered sleeves, or was described as flawless but they later found a spot and changed it to flawed condition. Your personal intentions may be pure but surely you can see why eBay would have this particular policy in place.

Having someone ask a question, and responding, would add the info but it doesn't automatically get sent to everyone who already bid on it.

You can cancel the active bids, and revise it...or cancel it altogether and re-list it with a complete description, which is how a listing should start to begin with.

Lastly, I believe this thread would better serve you re: selling on eBay:
http://www.styleforum.net/t/309281/buying-and-selling-on-ebay-tips-tricks-problems-questions/0_30

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree but also disagree.

Yes, everything should be complete because ... that's my personality in general.

However, ebay should adopt a policy that sellers SHOULD be able to revise listings. Ebay has a vesting interest in SELLERS because they collect fees from US. Also, if we revised something then ebay should have an automated system in that bidders/watchers would receive an email of the change.

It's common sense IMO. This is the premier ecommerce site yet they have Land Before Time -like policies. This is another reason why my colleagues in tech laugh at this company for not being innovated.

I've bid on things 1 week, 1 day, 1 hour, 1 minute and 1 second before an item closes...at what point would eBay send me (and everyone else) an email alerting us to the change, and by what method would they verify that we read the email and understood whatever it was that changed?
What tech company do you work for - MySpace or AOL?
But really - if you want to list things but change them later,. use set-sale instead of auction formats.

Last edited:

talitashaloma

Reaction score
Dude, that sucks. The next town over -- my happy fun mix-it-up adventure trip -- is now mostly blown because of this. As if that wasn't bad, right here, they've started cordoning-off special sections highlighting $22 PRL polos. Most of them crispy as a saltine, half of them fake. I told the counter lady who said, Well, if the tag says Ralph Lauren, they're real.

puzzled.gif

Oh my god.

k4lnamja

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It makes perfect sense to a buyer - I wouldn't want to bid on something described one way and have the seller be able to change it at any time, especially since I may never go look at it again until the auction is over...i.e.: I bid on a "Large" shirt and the seller later adds measurements that clearly show it's a medium, or has extra-short altered sleeves, or was described as flawless but they later found a spot and changed it to flawed condition.  Your personal intentions may be pure but surely you can see why eBay would have this particular policy in place.

Having someone ask a question, and responding, would add the info but it doesn't automatically get sent to everyone who already bid on it.

You can cancel the active bids, and revise it...or cancel it altogether and re-list it with a complete description, which is how a listing should start to begin with.

Lastly, I believe this thread would better serve you re: selling on eBay:
http://www.styleforum.net/t/309281/buying-and-selling-on-ebay-tips-tricks-problems-questions/0_30

I understand your weariness of a seller having the ability to revise something at anytime. Maybe I should've elaborated my idea, which is to allowing the seller to revise the listing within X days of the listing and not being able to X days before the end ? AND having an automated email to bidders/watchers.
This eliminates ALL potential hiccups in the future.

Another reason why this is good is lets say I am selling a shirt and I list as "excellent" condition but later I find there is a pull or a blemish or something but if someone has already bid on the item then the only option is for me to end it then re-list??? That sounds absurd and has poor business sense. I should be able to let bidders/watchers know of the issue BY revising my item to letting all of them know UPFRONT what the new "updated" info is.
Why do I think this is beneficial? A member on this thread, who no longer posts, used to always list things as "excellent" but in reality were not had issues.

Just my 2 cents

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics