• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure if you live near an IKEA, but we bought 90% of our moving boxes from them. They held up really well and were sturdy, especially compared to those we bought at the home improvement store for roughly the same price (€2-3 for a package of two, I believe).

We do live relative close to an Ikea, but I can literally walk to the nearest Uhaul location and grab a stack of boxes. I think I'll swing by and see what they're going for.

I'm certainly looking forward to getting into a bigger place (third bedroom for storage? Garage? Sounds good to me...).

LooknGr8

Reaction score
HHHHH! There goes the neighborhood

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quote:

I think we're safe... It's amazing to me what qualifies as "discount".

LeSacre

Reaction score

Anyone want these Oxxfords at cost ($4) + shipping? Blue one is 42L (and 100% silk) and other one is 44L. They're not in the greatest condition thus I'm going to leave them otherwise.

Orgetorix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

We're potentially moving in the next couple of weeks...

I'm concerned because it's going to potentially put me MUCH closer to my two favorite Savers locations.

All you thrifty gents, is Uhaul the best places to get moving boxes?

Do you have a Chick-Fil-A near you? The boxes they use to ship their fries to the stores are the perfect moving box. Very sturdy, and the perfect size for getting stuff in without it getting too heavy. Most locations will save them for you if you ask. They go through a lot of them every day.

ejay1

Reaction score

Anyone want these Oxxfords at cost ($4) + shipping? Blue one is 42L (and 100% silk) and other one is 44L. They're not in the greatest condition thus I'm going to leave them otherwise.
what kind of flaws/issues do they have?

LooknGr8

Reaction score

LeSacre

Reaction score

what kind of flaws/issues do they have?

The fabric shows lots of use. Fraying and pulls but no holes or stains.

EDIT: I have left the store but PM me and I will go back tomorrow and see if they are still there.

Last edited:

ejay1

Reaction score
The fabric shows lots of use. Fraying and pulls but no holes or stains.

EDIT: I have left the store but PM me and I will go back tomorrow and see if they are still there.

I'll pass but thank you sir for your kind offer

ATLjon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I didn't notice this was a reproduction until I got home. But still, a well spent $17, I think. (Unless I'm wrong.)

div25sec9

Reaction score

We're potentially moving in the next couple of weeks...

I'm concerned because it's going to potentially put me MUCH closer to my two favorite Savers locations.

All you thrifty gents, is Uhaul the best places to get moving boxes?

You're in the thrift thread asking about paying retail for boxes?

The best for small to medium sized boxes is liquor boxes; they're sturdy as hell to hold a lot of weight and glass...and they're usually free outside the local store.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Niotyer