• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

tben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hope none of our folks was injured in this Philly thrift store building collapse: http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2013/06/05/building-collapse-in-center-city/

Holy ****!

Roll call, of relatively close thrifters....
TBen?
SeaJen
?
mrdeep2001?

Anyone else?

Accounted for. I just heard about this. I went right from a meeting to the thrift store (what else is new...), where I actually saw Seajen. This is an unfortunate incident. One of my friends is renting an apartment in the area, and I know that it was such an isolated incident, but I have contacted him a number of times to no response.

SeaJen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Holy ****!

Roll call, of relatively close thrifters....
TBen?
SeaJen?
mrdeep2001?

Anyone else?
I ran into Tben at another store this afternoon, so I know he is okay.

Edit: I see T beat me to it.

Last edited:

hooker4186

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That SA used to be one of my regular stops when I lived in Philly. Pulled my first A&S suit. Hope everyone there is ok - menswear is downstairs in that shop if I remember correctly.

FaceOfBoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Re: posting RG shirts.

I don't mind it. It's interesting to see the ingenuity employed to create such a range of ugliness. It's not often that you can point to an example where outliers are quality items and the vast majority aren't.

On another note, I always find it fascinating to see the high level of work that goes into these shirts.

messenger309

Reaction score
All in all, an odd day of thrifting. Could use some opinions...

I hope this is real. I can't imagine anyone intentionally copying this.

Two Zegna ties.

Zegna suit.

Another Zegna suit.

Opinion time. Ticket pocket. Two button surgeons cuffs. I don't recognize the Tailor.

And I never grab Gant but I couldn't leave this. What the hell is it exactly?

And finally, the weirdest thing I have thrifted so far. Four yards of Alumo 3x3 160s shirting in a beautiful light blue. Should be enough for two shirts I hope.

The photos really don't do it justice.

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You know I don't normally pull down stuff like that, because its just not around here. But since you started it....

No way, seriously? Quick, find some Attolini! I'll head out the door now!

edit: Yea, this is only the second RLPL shirt I've found in a year and a half of hard thrifting.

Last edited:

rayxlui

Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcoPolos