• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friskydingo

Reaction score
If there are any Trailblazers/Timberwolves fans on here, Uncle Spoo listed a Zegna su misura jacket that belonged to Brandon Roy. My only celebrity clothing find to date.

Tyrone MacStiophain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A weird old pair of C&J's, purchased in Jo-berg, surely in the bad old days.

They fit, so I'll see how beautiful I can make them before I decide whether or not to flip.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

If there are any Trailblazers/Timberwolves fans on here, Uncle Spoo listed a Zegna su misura jacket that belonged to Brandon Roy. My only celebrity clothing find to date.

Was that a Celebrity?!

*edit - auction title revised!

Last edited:

Friskydingo

Reaction score

Was that a Celebrity?!

*edit - auction title revised!

Youdabest

Haven't forgotten about that polo, I'll mail it to you eventually.

Actually I lied about that being my only celebrity clothing. Found five of Antonio Harvey's suits.

Last edited:

Tyrone MacStiophain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also, I came close to buying this old suit. I guess a lot of Pac NW businessmen travel to Hong Kong, so I find stuff from HK tailors in the thrifts all the time. This 1970s suit has a crazy high waist, but I actually kind of liked the look - I just couldn't pull the trigger. Thoughts? Would any of you rock it?

Last edited:

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm BACK, bitches! No, not really. Life still chaos. But DID go to work today (see thrift fit below) and DID hit a couple stores. Thrift fit:
HSM MTM Finamore Vintage unlined Scottish wool Unknown cotton sq, hand rolled Trafalgar belt Isaia Pantherella Charles Tyrwhitt
Finds:
(Colors are all washed out; natural light sucked) Shoes:
Testoni worn maybe 1x, my size and should look awesome once shined. Cole Hahn hand made in Italy, welted and sewn sole -- this is the good stuff, 8.5D I think AE some name I can't remember cap toe blutcher. Needs TLC, but lovely oxblood color. 10.5D
Shirts: Borrelli (hand sewn collar), Chang
SCs
Orvis (good stuff, I think) forest green cord, with all the features - removable throat latch, patch pockets, shooting vents at shoulders. 42R, and keeping for now Southwick linen. 38R. Available
Suits(ish)
Crombie wool/cashmere 40R. Prolly an orphan. :( PRL solid gray 6 over 2 DB, dual vent, USA made. 46L
Ties. All from one. Freaking. Store. :slayer:
L to R: Brioni, Gianni (never heard of it but like so I'm keeping), PRL, VV (kid size), Hermes, E. Zegna, Luciano Barbera, Versace V2, Ferragamo, RLPL NWT x 2 (YO SPOO: That gray dot look familiar? :fistbump: ) The Ferragamo and Brioni seem NWOT, which I could believe given the RLPLs are NWT. Oh, and the Torneau watch for Praxair. This may have been a mistake. It's very nice, but I think I overpaid. If anyone needs a last minute mother's day gift, let me know. All reasonable offers considered (whether it covers my cost or not).

DanM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey GMMcL, could you share a shot of the Gianni label? Curious if its a line by Gianni Campagna, or totally unrelated.

Randomore

Reaction score
GMMcL welcome back, bet it felt nice being back in the hunt. Nice fit too.

I haven't gone out in weeks. I am itching so bad.

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey GMMcL, could you share a shot of the Gianni label? Curious if its a line by Gianni Campagna, or totally unrelated.

Will try. Left it in CT and won't be back home for a couple days. Could be; it was Made in Italy and seemed very well made.

sn0wman

Reaction score
I found 3 Samuelsohn 3 piece (vest) suits today from the early 1970s. My knowledge of Samuelsohn is limited. Is this a good period or a less desirable period?

Also, I have limited Bachrach knowledge. Have passed on many until today. Hard to pass up 100% cashmere, made in Italy. This seems to be a little more casual.. almost an overcoat, but not nearly as long? Do they make their own items?

Also, not pictured has been a bumper crop of Charvet ties. I passed up on a polyester Charvet tie a month ago, and ever since then, the nice silk ones have been popping up everywhere. I like it!

Stewie

Reaction score
Couple stores after work myself...some ok pickups...some bizarre, and one non clothing find that I thought I would never find in a thrift.

couple nice Alden loafers - should clean up nicely

RRL suspenders

nice PRL jacket, unstructured, patch pockets

And now for the bizarre!

vintage wrestling boots - these are actually kinda nicely made...vinyl on outside, leather lined, headed to the bay

and for the non clothing find...anyone else got one of these? :smarmy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads