• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You're forgetting the tall dude with greasy curly hair and the short bald guy with a fanny pack :D

The older guy is actually pretty nice, he's told me a bunch of info about different brands that I never even read on here. Also he gave me some rag & bone cords that he found since they were my size. :)

Your right, I've seen the short guy with the fanny pack, he's another one who waits by the door where the racks come out of. So annoying.

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is from today. The Church's are in fantastic shape, Aldens aren't in the greatest shape but still sellable, and I'm not sure who made the Zegnas but they are glued, but in great shape. Burberry SC looks to be very recent (dual vent) and I'm not sure about the white Burberry polo, the font looks to be a little off, and it seems awfully large to be a size small, but it was cheap enough to take the risk.

The Nicholas Toronto shirt is really nice, MOP buttons almost identical to what I see on some older zegnas, double button collar.

What's available: Nicolas Toronto Shirt (fits around a 17, high collar, long collar points), R Talbott best of class tie, prl knit tie, navy PRL cords (34x32), Brooks Brothers cords (35x32).

Last edited:

Evil Abed

Reaction score

There's something so "superhero movie villain" about these. The ability to slip something into someone's drink and then play a creepy tune on the other link while it goes to work. **** I've been in the industry too long. But not at all. Those are rad.

Haven't hit the stores hard due to my self imposed mandate on clearing everything out first. Boy, I thought the madras Dries jacket would be doing better than this by now. Hope all those watchers get to it before it ends, or it'll live to see another week.

Saw my first Edward Greens at a GW in OC, amidst a sea of new Merona shoes. Beat up pretty bad, and they wanted $79. I actually laughed as I put them back down. Not sure I'll be going in there that much anymore.

Suited... Great shoe finds! Hell even the glued ones.

Last edited:

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Stuff from this week.

You forgot to mention that these are the filthy loot from your shameless inasion of my semi-abandoned territory.
(Jk, bro, obviously. Nice finds!)

Last edited:

DeadBoy

Reaction score
Is there some sort of local thrift store rumor mill? Do employees follow the drama of flipperdom? I don't think I've identified a single flipper in Denver, though I have seen carts stacked to the brim with Lucky Brand and stone washed Levi's.

Most of the flippers I've seen have been dumb teenage goth girls. Did meet one really smart flipper though, a Nigerian taxi driver who I guess had seen me before too. He sends all his finds to family back home who in turn sell them to Africa's growing class of white collar workers. Told me he could get way better than eBay prices there because of how expensive clothes are in general. Nice guy, we ended up going through the store together and offering up things for each other if we thought they'd fit. Of course, now when I see a cab in a thrift store parking lot I get pissed off.

FaceOfBoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not flippers, but I saw a couple a few weeks ago who were buying up all the Harris Tweed jackets in town that weekend, and making messenger bags with the fabrics. I'll probably see them (the bags) at the farmers markets around town this summer.

acosbysweater

Reaction score
I haven't seen any flippers in Denver/metro area either.

I think we have lots of volume passing through, but few seem to have figured out the viable business model using the clothes that we covet, which I am totally fine with.

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Trying to up my goth ninja/urban spaceman game. Don't hate.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw this display this morning in San Rafael, CA. Naturally it reminded me of you all...

Evil Abed

Reaction score
A friend who knows of my thrifting, and has watched my family's beagle corner a few opossum sent me this...

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

A friend who knows of my thrifting, and has watched my family's beagle corner a few opossum sent me this...
This is f*king awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads