• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

eddievddr10

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
his facebook http://www.facebook.com/phromyaratr
if you scroll down youll see in a pic hes trying to sell a supreme hat with his forum name wrongwroks on a thai forum. It should be an open and shut case of bank/credit card fraud. Anyone have a direct contact to law enforcement that could arrest this prick

eddievddr10

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If sent to a PO Box then you used the US Postal Service, right? File a mail fraud complaint with the US Postal Inspection Office and let him (the buyer) know that is exactly what you intend to do. Mail fraud is a federal offense which, if he really is a lawyer, he will understand. He will also understand that he will be disbarred if found guilty. I would also try and locate the law firm he works for and notify them of your mail fraud complaint. I would also tell him of your intent to do this. That might be a bit too much for him to risk. Just a thought. If the PO Box is his or is used by him the Postal Inspectors will be able to figure that out very quickly. I would also let Paypal know you are filing a complaint with the Postal Inspectors and ask them to hold off making any decision until the PI's office chimes in. I know my pops did that with a guy once and he changed his tune very quickly, like within an hour of being notified a claim with the Postal Inspectors was being opened. It was a miracle! Suddenly, the secretary from the office next door had signed for, received, and was "holding" the item for the guy claiming he had NEVER gotten it. Not an expert, but I am told that the Postal Inspectors might be the one section of the US Postal Service that truly knows what the are doing and LIKES what they are doing, that is, arresting people!
i tried something like this yesterday this is his response

"I saw your message, but as I told you, I could not access that account. I am telling you that I NEVER have an intention to scam, and I don't have anything to do with this transaction. Also, I don't know who give you the address & phone number, but I just want to remind you that those information is confidential. Since you stated that you have a cousin at the Bureau, I've been advised by my lawyer not to make any further contact. "

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

his facebook http://www.facebook.com/phromyaratr
if you scroll down youll see in a pic hes trying to sell a supreme hat with his forum name wrongwroks on a thai forum. It should be an open and shut case of bank/credit card fraud. Anyone have a direct contact to law enforcement that could arrest this prick

Wow, seeing his facebook page really makes him look like a douche.

eddievddr10

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
my pm exchange with him Original message sent by wrongwroks on 3/14/13 at 1:12am
Original message sent by eddievddr10 on 3/14/13 at 5:37am
Original message sent by wrongwroks on 3/14/13 at 8:11am
So, what's your PayPal address?
Original message sent by eddievddr10 on 3/14/13 at 8:18am
Do you want the extra pants also?
Original message sent by wrongwroks on 3/14/13 at 8:23am
Can you do $300 on the extra pants?
Original message sent by eddievddr10 on 3/14/13 at 9:01am
Ok your in the us right? PayPal is [email protected]
Original message sent by wrongwroks on 3/14/13 at 9:02am
Yes, im in the usa.
Original message sent by eddievddr10 on 3/14/13 at 9:04am
Ok 2300 for suit and pants you got a deal!
Original message sent by eddievddr10 on 3/14/13 at 9:05am
Ok 2300 for suit and pants you got a deal!
Original message sent by wrongwroks on 3/14/13 at 9:07am
Sure. I will wait for my paycheck to be cleared.
Original message sent by eddievddr10 on 3/14/13 at 9:08am
Ok, in how long do you think you can send it?
Original message sent by wrongwroks on 3/14/13 at 9:11am
in a day or two.
Original message sent by eddievddr10 on 3/14/13 at 10:24am
Original message sent by wrongwroks on 3/16/13 at 3:03am
Just to let you know what I'm still in.
Original message sent by wrongwroks on 3/16/13 at 3:43am
*that i';m still in.
Original message sent by wrongwroks on 3/16/13 at 9:14pm
I've sent the fund. $2300 in full.

Send to

PO Box 294, Chino Hills, CA 91709
Original message sent by wrongwroks on 3/16/13 at 11:25pm
Did you get it? Let me know. Thanks!
Original message sent by eddievddr10 on 3/17/13 at 9:58am
Yes thanks!
Original message sent by wrongwroks on 3/17/13 at 2:06pm
Will you ship them out tomorrow?
Original message sent by eddievddr10 on 3/18/13 at 6:15am
Going out today
Original message sent by wrongwroks on 3/18/13 at 6:51pm
May I have the tracking number please
Original message sent by eddievddr10 on 3/18/13 at 7:36pm
Tracking vi639638016us
Original message sent by eddievddr10 on 3/21/13 at 4:52am
Why have you opened a dispute?

eddievddr10

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

LatinStyleLover

Reaction score
You sent that through the US Postal Service, Insured, to a PO Box? Open a damned complaint with the US Postal Inspectors Office. They will be able to determine exactly who got that item. More than $200 and insured? It was signed for by someone! They will know who signed for it. If it was him or someone who knows him you have got him, or better, the Postal Inspectors have got him. File the complaint! This is a slam dunk.

Last edited:

mp906

Reaction score
Wow, I didnt realize paypal pretty much F'ed sellers like that...no more shipping to PO Boxes for me. Might have to start requiring signature on receipts too...

I might be done selling on ebay. There are too many kids buying my **** and then not paying, usually with latino or asian names...not sure if they are exchange students, illegal aliens, or what but there is a pattern. I guess that is better than this situation, but it is frustrating as hell and there seems to be no recourse via ebay.

Last edited:

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
Ok guys, I have a situation, a member of the forum has scammed my brother out of $2300 (tom ford suit and pants) he had him ship it to a po box and then filed an unauthorized payment with paypal as soon as he received it. i have pms with him directing me to ship it to the po box, but paypal doesnt seem to care, anyone have any ideas?
figured you guys have experience with these kinds of scams through ebay
I've dealt with a lot of issues on ebay/paypal, and I'm sure you have dealt with more, but I'm missing what happened and why there is an issu.

• He paid via paypal... did he use reg paypal (fee) with a shipping address you have to ship to, or paypal money owed (no fee, no address)?

• You shipped him a box via USPS with tracking, signature confirmation and insurance to his PO BOX

• USPS Website says the box was delivered (and I assumed signed for due to insured over $xxx value)

• Buyer opens a paypal dispute that he did not receive it?

I'm confused where the issue is or why paypal would side with him? You shipped to the PO Box, with tracking and insurance and USPS says it was delivered. End of story unless I'm missing something here.

EDIT - OK, I get it now. The PO Box received it, but hes saying the payment was never authorized you sent it to the unauthorized persons PO Box? Was it shipped to a confirmed paypal address?

Last edited:

woodchuck312

Reaction score
Wow, I didnt realize paypal pretty much F'ed sellers like that...no more shipping to PO Boxes for me. Might have to start requiring signature on receipts too...

I might be done selling on ebay. There are too many kids buying my **** and then not paying, usually with latino or asian names...not sure if they are exchange students, illegal aliens, or what but there is a pattern. I guess that is better than this situation, but it is frustrating as hell and there seems to be no recourse via ebay.
Even then you are probably screwed by paypal as the buyer could just claim you sent a pack of peanuts. Really no way to prove that you sent him the actual item in question.

Hopefully some pressure from a postal inspector can stop this little punk.

Devrbd

Reaction score
Picked this up last week at my local Salvation Army for $5! Best fitting jacket I own.

woodchuck312

Reaction score
I've dealt with a lot of issues on ebay/paypal, and I'm sure you have dealt with more, but I'm missing what happened and why there is an issu.

• He paid via paypal... did he use reg paypal (fee) with a shipping address you have to ship to, or paypal money owed (no fee, no address)?

• You shipped him a box via USPS with tracking, signature confirmation and insurance to his PO BOX

• USPS Website says the box was delivered (and I assumed signed for due to insured over $xxx value)

• Buyer opens a paypal dispute that he did not receive it?

I'm confused where the issue is or why paypal would side with him? You shipped to the PO Box, with tracking and insurance and USPS says it was delivered. End of story unless I'm missing something here.
If i read correctly the buyer is claiming an unauthorized charge, meaning it wasn't him(someone hacked his account or something used his paypal account unknowlngly and on top of that sent it to a PO Box that does not belong to him)

eddievddr10

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
edited

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads