• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

hucklecat

Reaction score
In the field, phone can't upload photos for whatever reason. Is Diesel a SW&D approved brand? If so I found a jacket size S for $30 can proxy
Diesel is good IMHO, although probably not at $30.00 cost. Find jeans, shirts and jackets, know how to authenticate them and get for $5-6 and you got good flippable stuff.

Timmah

Reaction score
I don't know if I can call this a brag...

But I picked up these split toe Hickey Freeman shoes...

Is this a popular size?

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What?! How!?! Wow!! :drool:

So today was a mixed bag.

First we have....

The buttons seem to be on the wrong side. :fu:

I usually don't pick up older Southwick, but this was a mint condition solid navy flannel. 3 roll 2. Center vent and flat front pants. 44 R/L :slayer:

Mint Southern Tide polo. :plain:

And then these. Didn't know Footjoy made alligaor/croc shoes. :)

All I've seen from their recent offerings are cheapie golf shoes. Boy did they go down hill....

The level of tumescence before clicking the first spoiler was significantly greater than after.

Anyway, about the FJs, I thought they started as a shoe maker and of fairly decent repute. No?

EDIT: THRIFT THREAD SIXTY THOUSAND WILL DEFINITELY HAPPEN TOMORROW! DOOMSDAY PREDICTIONS HAVE NEVER BEEN WRONG! ASSURE THAT YOUR SOUL AND POPCORN ARE PREPARED! (Since I won't have time to hit teh shops, I won't be participating)

Last edited:

DeadBoy

Reaction score
And the piece d'resistance. My gf picked this up on consignment with her Christmas money.

bigstar[1].gif

GODDAMN!

I say GODDAMN! partially because that's incredible, but also partly because it almost totally blows my only thrift find of today out of the water.

Schott Perfecto leather... the Ramones jacket.

Thinks it might be a little small for me?

I finally got my defective Boglioli K Jacket from that 59 Euro sale today. I peeled away the red tape and couldn't find any defects.
puzzled.gif

Anyways, size 40 fits me pretty well except for the looooooooooonnnnnnggggggg ass sleeves! Those thing came down all the way to my knuckles! WTF!!! On top of that, the sleeves are functional! GGGGAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
baldy[1].gif

But luckily, there are about over 2 inches of fabric in the sleeves left to work with. I'm gonna see if my tailor can shorten it from the sleeves...If not, I might just pay her to shorten the sleeves from the shoulders...
ffffuuuu.gif

Or you could sell it to me...

darkmatter7

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
so like a month ago, matt (dm7) and i were like, we should just hijack a plane headed to pitti uomo and steal everything on it
1GTRe.jpg

1BxIZ.jpg

njgdw.jpg

Ia3Qw.jpg

8H4Wd.jpg

AhLnT.jpg

FYY4V.jpg

tXZoQ.jpg

EZJhs.jpg

9bEet.jpg

BG69T.jpg

aZgCg.jpg

unlined w/ taped seams
Kbu15.jpg

dat fuzzy alpaca
dPxuE.jpg

that's about the first 25% of it. big things are gonna happen soon! must suck for them having to have pitti without all the tailored clothing, damn.

This is getting a little ridiculous, I think you guys should just open up a store already
mwink[1].gif

cloud.gif

DeadBoy

Reaction score
@deadboy i found a schott perfecto like 2 months ago, older, not in perfect condition, sold it for $360 to japan. paid like 20 bucks

****... I hadn't even looked at eBay completed listings yet. It is a bit too small for me, isn't it? Yeah, I'm starting to think it might definitely be too small. Yeah, totally probably. Sure.

IRKSM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
well **** you guys are killing it like crazy
my moderatly ****** finds
bb golden fleece loro piana orphan in navy 39R I am still hoping the pants will turn up

more of a gamble but I mean I figured if it had a royal warrant it can't be that bad.... right?

not pictured are some ugly ass bugatchi and etro shirts headed to the bag plus I left behind a couple of ascot changs shirts and no name hong kong bespoke suits in tiny man size

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
well **** you guys are killing it like crazy
my moderatly ****** finds
bb golden fleece loro piana orphan in navy 39R I am still hoping the pants will turn up

more of a gamble but I mean I figured if it had a royal warrant it can't be that bad.... right?

not pictured are some ugly ass bugatchi and etro shirts headed to the bag plus I left behind a couple of ascot changs shirts and no name hong kong bespoke suits in tiny man size

Oh shoot, is that from the Row with the address of 39 Savile Row or from Mayfair? Sorry, I can't tell from your pics. I'm in my deeer deeeer deeeeer mood.
shog[1].gif

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
GODDAMN! I say GODDAMN! partially because that's incredible, but also partly because it almost totally blows my only thrift find of today out of the water. Schott Perfecto leather... the Ramones jacket. Thinks it might be a little small for me?
Picked up one of those over the summer, size 38 and everything, still too small for me. Sold on the bay for around $300. What size is yours?

Last edited:

LooknGr8

Reaction score

@eazye it's a 42, and I'm normally a 40. 

I can't tell for sure looking at the pic because I am distracted by the toilet with the lid up, but remember, motorcycle jackets should ride way high either right at your waist or a little above and have long arms/narrow wrists. Crank the belt tighter a notch or two, you're wearing it too loose. Idea is, you can sit on the seat without the leather binding/folding and be able to hold the handlebar grips and zip em right when its cold with your gloves on and don't freeze youself.

THat actually looks pretty OK, fitwise. One question -- do you have long arms? The arms look right on that jacket and they should be buckling a bit with what seems like extra length. I am guessing you find a lot of jackets in a 40 that have arms too short because either they came that way or they have been altered to fit dudes with shorter arms?

That's the problem with real moto jackets vs what bikers call "fashion leather": The leather is twice to three times as thick, so it's stiffer even when broken in so it doesn't sit right for a WAYWRN fit pic, ever, and the arms should always look 2-3" too long when at your sides if it's right in the shoulders. If you pantomime holding handlebars with your arms outstretched in front of you, sleeves should be just about exactly right.

you might need a tall size?

I have a pretty nice one like this for my summer rides on my cruiser, but it's a knockoff made, I believe, from the hides of political prisoners from some third world country.

Also check this pic and its eBay listing, this is an interesting twist on the Schott Fit Question

Last edited:

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
QUIZ OF THE DAY

Anyone see something contradictory in these photos?

Normally I would state, from the date, that this sport coat is from 1980.....simple right?
However the union tag indicates the latest date of 1976.
I suppose the coat could have been on the rack for 4 years before it was altered to Mr Sechrist's measurements and stamped with the date.

Now for the full shot of this masterpiece...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads