• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsaltzma

Reaction score
Originally Posted by idfnl
Lets see it
Here it is:
willisandgeiger.jpg
Looks like new, and is one of the Made in the USA ones.
smile.gif
I forgot, I also found a Hermes aniline leather belt, a Highland Home tartan driving cap, and a pair of Church's custom grade captoes .

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like finding vintage bepoke from places not known for it, but that still did it well.

Among them: Stockholm, Rio, Buenos Aires, Sao Paulo, Madrid, Barcelona...and now Dublin.

A gray striped blue flannel 'city' suit coat from Wm. O'Connor & Sons, 18 St Andrew St. No shoulder padding, a bit of roping, drape cut, 6/2 DB with boutonnieres on each lapel. Make date 1969.

Google reveals that the firm at that time had already been in business for over a century.

$8.

Tried it on with a yellow Robert Kirk sweater vest (ebay, about $20), and a pair of NWT vivid red Polo jeans (ebay also, 99 cents). Brown shoes, white shirt. Will figure out the accessories later.

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
Made by Zegna for Henry Miller. Looks old.

+1

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
Made by Zegna for Henry Miller. Looks old.
Its a Zegna, sold at Henry Miller - not made for, 80's most likely. Rather rare. Whats the suit look like? I have a brown zegna jacket with that label... excellent quality, and a modern cut, really nice jacket, fully canvassed, pick stitching, working buttons.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tsaltzma
Here it is:

willisandgeiger.jpg

Looks like new, and is one of the Made in the USA ones.
smile.gif

I forgot, I also found a Hermes aniline leather belt, a Highland Home tartan driving cap, and a pair of Church's custom grade captoes .

Looks nice, I was gonna rail you if it had buck shot slots, but this is a good one

creampiggy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by idfnl
Its a Zegna, sold at Henry Miller - not made for, 80's most likely. Rather rare. Whats the suit look like?

I have a brown zegna jacket with that label... excellent quality, and a modern cut, really nice jacket, fully canvassed, pick stitching, working buttons.

It is a navy chalk stripe suit, two button, double vents, non-working buttons. Thanks for the information!

Racove

Reaction score
In Chicago, what thrift store pays the most when you bring in items? Mostly mall brand casual items that I'm looking to unload. I live closer to the cluster on Milwaukee Ave than the cluster in Lakeview, but willing to travel if its worth it. Thanks

tsaltzma

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Racove
In Chicago, what thrift store pays the most when you bring in items? Mostly mall brand casual items that I'm looking to unload. I live closer to the cluster on Milwaukee Ave than the cluster in Lakeview, but willing to travel if its worth it. Thanks

Thrift stores don't pay. You donate. If you want to try to sell stuff you need to look for consignment shops, or use craigslist or ebay.

MKB

Reaction score
Saw them, but I thought they were for cigars...

tonylumpkin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm visiting the in-laws for the holidays, so I've been working some new ground. First time out thrifting in Denver tonight and I came up with a Luciano Barbera unstructured linen jacket in perfect condition and a mint women's Brooks Brothers trench coat, including the wool lining. Thinking of moving if this is what Denver thrifting is like all of the time.

I won't even go into the damage I did at The Rack on Saturday.

sig041000

Reaction score
I used to visit NM Last Call religiously. I had a good contact there that would give me a heads up and a quick preview about 3 days in advance before the sale to "loyal" customers. One of the best steals were a pair of Miu Miu canvas drivers in tan/brown for $38! Also, I bought some "Dunhill" cufflinks in Portobello in London for like 3 quid. I had them verified for authenticity and they turned out to be legit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members