• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Spotted this at a Marshalls and thought I'd scored:

until I saw this:

Also saw this on consignment for $300, Tom Ford gray herringbone 3/2 SC, wool/silk, 52 L EU. Would have been tempted were it a size larger:

Last edited:

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Also saw this on consignment for $300, Tom Ford gray herringbone 3/2 SC, wool/silk, 52 L EU. Would have been tempted were it a size larger:

Keep an eye for when it goes on sale.....

so, my fiancé sends me this:

she hasn't responded yet about how/where she saw it, but I figured it was worth sharing.

My daughter, 3.5, knows almost all the words. She makes us keep it on repeat in the car for a good 30m. Today, when I came home, she actually called me a "cold ass h****y". No joke. A few weeks ago in the store, she told the cashier I only had $20 in my pocket. I cant make this up.

The scarf print Hermes are baller!!
icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif

Gonna need some better pics.

ALSO
http://frenchyfoundit.tumblr.com/

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

My daughter, 3.5, knows almost all the words. She makes us keep it on repeat in the car for a good 30m. Today, when I came home, she actually called me a "cold ass h****y". No joke. A few weeks ago in the store, she told the cashier I only had $20 in my pocket. I cant make this up.

This is the funniest **** I heard all week. I read this to my wife just now and she almost drove us off the road.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

This is the funniest **** I heard all week. I read this to my wife just now and she almost drove us off the road.

LOL Im dead serious. She looked at me and said "Daddy, youre a cold ass h****y".

What do you say to **** like that. I looked at her and said "youre right" :lol:

Friskydingo

Reaction score
I have seen several examples of this Filson label, is it worth picking up? Brown cords in great shape.

horse's_ass

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Glad I found a good home for it and wear it in good health!! :fistbump:

Just wondering....how do you know they are all brad new if they dont have tags (dosnt look like they have tags)? I only ask as NWOT gets thrown around a lot and will get you in trouble if you start selling or trading with people here or on ebay saying "brand new" and its not really brand new

+1

NWOT is incredibly overused.

Beck

Reaction score
In MN we find the coolest of vintage threads. My recent finds this week, love the 50-60's clothing.

>Woolrich Woolen Mills Flannel x2

Eddie Bauer Desert Cloth .

DanM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey, do you guys ever stash stuff in a particularly overlooked or overloaded corner of a thrift shop, hoping it will still be there on sale day? ...cause I think I just bought some dude's thrift stash. Pics tomorrow.

(disclaimer - this is nothing compared to the stuff in LA or NYC, but I think it's pretty solid for Ohio)

Beck

Reaction score
Hey, do you guys ever stash stuff in a particularly overlooked or overloaded corner of a thrift shop, hoping it will still be there on sale day? ...cause I think I just bought some dude's thrift stash. Pics tomorrow.
(disclaimer - this is nothing compared to the stuff in LA or NYC, but I think it's pretty solid for Ohio)

Found some crazy Hermes ties that were stashed in a pair of pants the other day, they were super recent. Not sure why they were stashed at 3.99 a piece...

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I thought maybe the RLPL suit I found in the womens winter coats today was stashed but it was only $7.99.

BTW it was half price for all clothing today so I got it for 3.99. Pics tomorrow. Half a fifth of JD in right now at a holiday party. No shape to go home and snap pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads