• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonHecht

Reaction score
Yeah, but I still haven't found those damned chelsea boots.
frown.gif

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So they are like a 41R in size....

DAMN you have sucked all the thrifting luck up into SD!

Nice find. This is all from the same store?

JonHecht

Reaction score
Many are bespoke, I believe. I'm checking for sizes on them to see if any are marked.
Gieves is OTR, 40S. Model name Philip DB
Poole is 1986 Bespoke
All the Kent have the same tag in which it merely says: "John N. Kent & Co" Bespoke Tailor 8 Kingly Street, London w1: Tel.... and under No. Date. Name. are all blank.

Any idea how much I should ask for the Poole. Btw, if any of you want to buy the ties, just ask. The rest are for ebay, I think. I will post the ebay links on here.

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JonHecht
Any idea how much I should ask for the Poole. Btw, if any of you want to buy the ties, just ask. The rest are for ebay, I think. I will post the ebay links on here.
Start low - many are turned off by high starting prices. If you didn't pay much for it, I wouldn't worry too much. It'll end at what it's worth to the general public. I'd start it out at what you paid for it. As for the rest of the stuff - not many people know about Savile Row tailors like Kent, so selling on here may be your best bet - aside from the Poole and Gieves jackets which are more well-known establishments on the Row.
Originally Posted by JonHecht
Yeah, but I still haven't found those damned chelsea boots.
frown.gif

Thrift Rule #1. If you go to a thrift looking for something specific, you won't find it. As soon as you forget about it and move onto something else, something will pop up.

JonHecht

Reaction score
Alright, guys, I'm off to the mall (fashion valley, for SD people) to buy some jeans before getting trashed. I'll be checking in on my iPhone occasionally, so keep asking questions if you want. The double vented ones are: Kents 2, and 7, and the Gieves. The damage isn't as horrible as I thought on the 2nd one, actually, though it would certainly need to be repaired. I actually had trouble finding it when I wanted to look at it again.

Edit: and, once again, if you want a tie, then just PM me.

tsaltzma

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nataku
Thrift Rule #1. If you go to a thrift looking for something specific, you won't find it. As soon as you forget about it and move onto something else, something will pop up.

Unless it's something very specific I find the opposite to be true. It may just be that when I am looking for a specific item, I tend to notice those items more. Kinda like when you buy a different car, it seems everyone is driving the same car now.

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ True - but I mean in terms of items of interest, not general stuff. If you're looking for a cheap frying pan or crock pot - they're bound to have it. But, like for me - I had been looking for a nice, basic blue blazer for a good year or so. Well, after that time passed I gave up and started looking for a nice overcoat. Well, a couple weeks went by and lo an behold, I found a beautiful navy peak-lapel blazer in my size by RLPL. Now that I've been looking for a nice overcoat for the past year, I've found nothing. Maybe I should start looking for something else so I can get that overcoat!

83glt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nataku
Were the Beatles original Capitol releases on the black w/ rainbow band label?
Yes - for Rubber Soul, Sgt. Pepper's, and Help!. Actually, those three albums are the original Mono pressings. Let it Be is the Apple Label, and Beatles VI is a mint green Capitol label. Unfortunately the condition of the jackets on these is not the best. The vinyl is VG+. Any thoughts on value? I'd guess maybe $100 for all three? Still good for a $0.30 buy in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads