• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got this beautiful shirt from Jay Kos today. $8. The picture sucks - main color is burgandy, not as bright as the picture depicts.
DSC07022.jpg

JonHecht

Reaction score
Hermes suit in perfect condition (pretty sure it's recent--maybe you guys can help me out here). Super 150s and marked as 54R drop 8R. I'll be putting it on B/S once I take measurements and figure out how much to ask for it. As many of you have noted, I don't know how much things are actually worth, so if someone would also be kind enough to help me out with regards to that, that'd be awesome. Oh, and I also got an old as f*** women's watch that I am 95 percent sure is a real Rolex-datejust. Smooth back, 2.5 magnification, etc. I did not, however, find a darned pair of Chelsea boots. Been looking for a pair for a while now.
2h2doab.jpg
1zcpowj.jpg
Cheers

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JonHecht
Hermes suit in perfect condition (pretty sure it's recent--maybe you guys can help me out here). Super 150s and marked as 54R drop 8R. I'll be putting it on B/S once I take measurements and figure out how much to ask for it. As many of you have noted, I don't know how much things are actually worth, so if someone would also be kind enough to help me out with regards to that, that'd be awesome. Oh, and I also got an old as f*** women's watch that I am 95 percent sure is a real Rolex-datejust. Smooth back, 2.5 magnification, etc. I did not, however, find a darned pair of Chelsea boots. Been looking for a pair for a while now.

2h2doab.jpg

1zcpowj.jpg

Cheers

Very nice! Would you please take more pictures -- like, the label... etc.

JonHecht

Reaction score

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That is 100% a Belvest Label.

BAD ASS

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

JonHecht

Reaction score
Sweet.
smile.gif
Any idea how recent it is based on that label? I can tell the label looks pretty recent, but I'm not sure how much. Edit: And thanks for the congrats. Edit2: To add a story to this... I went to the thrift store on a complete impulse looking for Chelsea boots. Didn't find any, so I thought I may as well go to the jackets. After looking through about 75-90 jackets (huge store) I got to the end of the rack. Last suit on the rack. :-D

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, WOW. I WANT.

That is their current label. You pretty much just hit Sartorial Nirvana. Great find man.
The level of handwork I am seeing on that is far above a standard Belvest.

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by antirabbit
Yeah, WOW. I WANT.

That is their current label. You pretty much just hit Sartorial Nirvana. Great find man.
The level of handwork I am seeing on that is far above a standard Belvest.

Yeah, JonHecht just blew my Black Fleece finds out of the water...
worship.gif

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
You might list it on B&S, but ebay might be the place to get more money for it. Hermes sells. Amazing find.

mainy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
re: the hermes suit, yeah list it on ebay for sure. and get better pictures, that is a must. that is an awesome find, almost too good to be true - have you looked over every cm of it for flaws? it seems like any time I find anything that awesome (which is very, very rare), there is always something wrong with it. hopefully not for you though! awesome

JonHecht

Reaction score
I have, indeed. It is absolutely flawless. Heck, it looks like it hasn't even been worn before. The RFID number on the jacket is 10.487.500 (pants end with 496). Does anyone know how to track that?

Edit: There is a bit of dust on the bottom of the pants. I think someone dropped it. Aside from that, nothing else worth noting--and I don't even think that's significant.
Edit2: I just want to note how amazed I am by the handwork on it!

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Nice find. As with my Cucinelli, which was flawless/unworn condition, I don't get who would donate such nice things. That Hermes is my size...
devil.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics