• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
haha crap, i was planning on getting N&F weird guys as my first pair of nice jeans!
shog[1].gif

I did just enough research into this to decide to get RRL selvedge and I love them. There's others that are really good, but they won't be as easy to find cheap on eBay. Just my $0.02.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
IS THAT A STAIN OR IS IT YOUR CAMERA?
It's my camera, this suit is perfect, OK!

IS THE RLPL SUIT AVAILABLE?
Yes, but I'll need the high end of a good b&s price, cuz Daddy needz the fashunz.

IS NAKED AND FAMOUS THE CANALI ORPHAN OF THE RAW DENIM WORLD?

No! Who the **** told you this?

Last edited:

highlifeman

Reaction score

IRKSM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
these jeans are the unvented canali orphan of the raw denim game, FYI
yeah honestly there are not that many tiers of difference in terms of quality in denim I mean in terms of how long they are going to last most denim is pretty similar if you find a cut that works for you in raw or a wash you like just buy those and don't worry about if they are jean nerd cool

AndroFan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I lovelovelove my Simon Miller M001s, which are my first pair. Obviously take my tip with a grain of salt since they're literally the only pair of raw denim I own, but they seem to get love from the SW&D crowd.

haha crap, i was planning on getting N&F weird guys as my first pair of nice jeans!
shog[1].gif

Last edited:

concealed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I guess agree to disagree, I would rather go with a pair of 3sixteen's as a newb, or save and pick up a pair from Self Edge/Blue in Green - but hey that's my opinion. My knowledge based on the fact that I have been an advocate of raw denim since 2005.

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
these jeans are the unvented canali orphan of the raw denim game, FYI

Really? I don't know...Some Canali orphans are rockable as SCs even unvented...But it's a Canali nevertheless.

I did just enough research into this to decide to get RRL selvedge and I love them. There's others that are really good, but they won't be as easy to find cheap on eBay. Just my $0.02.

Yes! I double checked with Troika aka the denim head and confirmed this to be true!

Lol, I've read good reviews on these. I would say these are good everyday selvedge but RRL is a step higher. I wonder what is considered the god of all raw denim? I'm seriously considering dropping $200 on a pair of Tellason.

Samuel Smith

Reaction score
IS THAT A STAIN OR IS IT YOUR CAMERA?
It's my camera, this suit is perfect, OK!
IS THE RLPL SUIT AVAILABLE?
Yes, but I'll need the high end of a good b&s price, cuz Daddy needz the fashunz.

what can I buy and get shipped to your door?

tben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No re-quoting, just wanted to ask this agian.

And this, if you think you are my Secret Santa don't look
peepwall%5B1%5D.gif

I am not sure what the kids like these days and would like an opinion on whether or not this is a good start?

acosbysweater

Reaction score

Word, lots of stupid and unfounded statements floating around here with regards to SW&D. Gap "selvage" would maybe qualify for this statement.

Lol, I've read good reviews on these. I would say these are good everyday selvedge but RRL is a step higher. I wonder what is considered the god of all raw denim? I'm seriously considering dropping $200 on a pair of Tellason.

45RPM, Sugar Cane, Mister Freedom, Flat Head, Kapital, Warehouse, Fullcount, Pure Blue Japan are all good places to start if you want the purest, slubbiest, hand dyed product.

But denim is an old fashioned, irregularly woven twill fabric. Just buy straight Visvim trousers if you want to make people bust a nut.

Last edited:

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whomsoever is a 42R, likes Prince of Wales Plaid suits, likes their suits current and double vented, likes their suits fully canvassed, likes their suits in mint condition, and likes Samuelsohn, will inevitably like me.

Samuel Smith

Reaction score
Whomsoever is a 42R, likes Prince of Wales Plaid suits, likes their suits current and double vented, likes their suits fully canvassed, likes their suits in mint condition, and likes Samuelsohn, will inevitably like me.

wait a minute. maybe i skipped reading that part.

cheers, Xenos. quick and dirty for the RLBL
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads