1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

Got a pretty cool canvas/leather weekend bag today. No distinguishing manufacturers marks that I could find. Oddly branded for Tony's Pizza Service. My wife, a huge Office Space fan was excited to see TPS on the flap. I figure an engraved brass piece could be attached over the logo.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 22, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  2. wrongwroks

wrongwroks Active Member

Let me explain the situation before you judge...

About a week ago, I lost my mbp along with the bag. My key-holder/wallet with my PO Box key (with box # on it) was in it. I didn't
    On my mbp desktop, I used stickies application to write down all my bank account number, debit/credit card number, my username/password for a web forum, and my gf's confidential info (SSN, Bank User/PW).

This transaction with Eddie was not the only transaction. There was a transaction in my girlfriend's PayPal account that sent $3500 Instant Payment as gift to someone else and her balance is now being a negative. There was also an attempt to pay for something else, but my card reached the limit. And now I have to dispute every subscription to everything that posted to my account.... those annoying $19.95/$29.95/$39.95 things.

As for the PO Box, as I recalled, the clerk didn't even ask for the ID when retrieving the package. All you need was just a slip and they asked the name on the package.

Lastly, I DO NOT NEED anything I cannot afford.

This is and will be the only explanation I have, even though my lawyer suggested me to stop the communication.

3. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

[​IMG]

I'm going thrifting...

4. GMMcL

GMMcL Senior member

It does indeed.

How many posts do I need to do a custom handle?

5. Brianpore

Brianpore Senior member

[​IMG]

6. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

Absolutely nothing. Paypal gave me a "pity credit" of $100. I had so much evidence it was painfully obvious that this chick was a scammer. Paypal wouldn't listen at all. Either would eBay. Police (both local and Long Island) said there was nothing they could do. Just had to face the facts that I was screwed and move on. I hope karma bit her in the ass.

7. mainy

mainy Senior member

you are so full of shit. this might be the biggest lie i have ever read on the internet. you are either the stupidest person on the face of the planet, or you think we are all drooling morons. paypal won't let you send money if it makes your account go negative, you have to fund it, dumbass. that doesn't even make sense. then to top it off, the "thief" happens to buy a suit in YOUR size, have it shipped to YOUR PO box, and you realize the money is missing THE EXACT SAME DAY THE SUIT GETS DELIVERED

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME????

oh my god. the audacity. most people, they are crooks, and they steal from you then slink off. yet you are so brazen you actually come back here and act like you are the victim. you are a pathetic excuse for a human being. i hope eddievdr sells me the debt so i can fly to where ever you are and knee cap you personally.

8 people like this.
  8. caseyfud

caseyfud Senior member

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  9. DeadBoy

DeadBoy Senior member

Let me bump that up to 100. Those are Brioni.

Wow... apart from the usual Armani giveaways, what hit me most is that tag is exactly the same as on a fake Zegna I accidentally bought on eBay a while back (and have since gotten my money back for).

10. TheBurnOut

TheBurnOut Senior member

How could he also have not noticed the PM's back and forth between his 'hacker' and Eddie?

And he didn't see the money leave his PP account?

None of that makes sense.

11. Ken P

Ken P Senior member

Not to mention, the fact that whoever stole his laptop, happened to/thought to log on to his styleforum account, communicate with eddie, and buy a suit... seems a little far fetched to me. If "a crook" had his CC information, don't you think he would just go online to Barney's and buy a new suit, if that's what he wanted?

1 person likes this.
  12. HansderHund

HansderHund Senior member

:fu:

I remember reading about it, but I'm fairly certain I was still lurking at the time. Do you have a link to when the saga began so I could read up on it? Sorry to bring up bad memories...:embar:

13. barrelntrigger

barrelntrigger Senior member

[​IMG]
    This sounds like a crappy plot to a budgeted thriller/teen slasher flick. Derp! [​IMG]

14. IRKSM

IRKSM Senior member

great movie, also thrift synergy(sort of.. I would much rather have yours)

[​IMG]

15. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Guys, holy shit, I just realized someone hacked my SF account, and posted some crazy shit here like 22,000 times! Unfucking believable - theres pictures in bathroom mirrors and everything its so crazy, I didnt authorize any of this, I have to figure out whats going on here

3 people like this.
  16. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

+1
    And why would the supposed crook bother to haggle on the price?

17. woodchuck312

woodchuck312 Senior member

Wow now it all makes perfect sense. Someone stole your bag and computer and out of all the shit they could possibly buy they bought a Tom Ford suit in your size and had it shipped to your PO Box of all places. That really brings it all together or you think we are all a bunch of idiots.

We are a resourceful crew here, your name, address etc. If i were you i'd send the suit back to Eddie yesterday or close the charge back case.

18. woodchuck312

[​IMG]

19. TheBurnOut

TheBurnOut Senior member

It happens, trust me.

I had a customer come into my shop a few years ago and haggle with me on a $14k product- had no idea it was fraud until the CC company got involved.

It's a long story.

20. woodchuck312

Oh by the way maybe to help Eddie recover his money from this scumbag who stole your computer and identity you could forward on the name and phone number of the head police officer in charge of your case because I'm sure you filed a police report for this right?

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.