1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChetB

ChetB Senior member

That's a great-looking bag, Wes. I like your idea for covering up the logo.

2. Klobber

Klobber Senior member

Sheesh what a bad gig man. Paypal are as useful as a Poodle in a Dog fight.

Lost bag and bank details, first thing a sensible person does is immediately cancel everything and change the Paypal password. First and foremost. Of course writing down such important details in a sticky note clearly visible on your desktop is insanity - absolutely insane. I do not believe you are that stupid to do that.

The suit would have had a 3 - 5 day transfer, and Paypal inform via email when a payment is made. You would have known same day something was up regarding Paypal.

Also negative balance is BS. If you had money on the PP account and someone purchased something much more than that balance, then all Paypal would do is deduct the remaining from your credit card you used to sign up. Paypal to my best knowledge do not do overdraft for regular joes.

The chance that a thief would also be a member of Styleforum to the point he could know Eddie and his wares is about the same chance of me winning the lotto 3 times in a row. You would have known right away as well if there was any correspondence between the thief and Eddie on your account.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2013
  3. Tweets

Tweets Senior member

Allen Edmonds kind of day

Top 2 are Bridgeton and some rubber sole that I can't make out the name, ends in "ater" any help? Bottom 3 are Wendell, Bridgeton & Chester.

[​IMG]

Trafalgar Braces

[​IMG]

Banana Republic Tartan Wool Tie

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Custom H. Freeman & Son Sport Coat

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And last, an Oxxford Sport Coat

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. rhz5001

rhz5001 Senior member

Today's thrift finds.

Not pictured: Berretta shooting wool vest

Yves Saint Laurent Tuxedo

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cable & Co Shoes

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. pnutpug

pnutpug Senior member

Coupla disparate finds.

First, I went back to GW yesterday thinking I would get a Burberry navy blazer I had passed up the previous evening. Upon close inspection, I decided that it was an orphan, not a blazer, and sauntered over to the shirt aisle just in case I had missed anything on the previous trip. It turned out that I had missed something:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Nothing earth-shattering, but it might fit and it has a bib front, which is a hole in my game.

Then, at the same GW today, I found these:

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

I am not a connoisseur of snow shoe poles, but these are brand new, with tags showing original price of $118 for the pair and they were half off, so out the door for south of $15. Available.

6. DanM

DanM Senior member

[​IMG][​IMG] I LOVE Hamilton watches. I have a Stormking IV and V, Guardsman I, and another one that I can't recall the model off hand...

7. Brianpore

Brianpore Senior member

1 person likes this.
  8. chiron

chiron Senior member

Where is the police report sunshine?

If someone stole 2.5k from me I would be all over this.

9. Ace_Face

Ace_Face Senior member

My father was telling me today he has a gold Hamilton my grandparents gave him for high school graduation in the 50's. I told him to dig it out and if he doesn't want to wear it, I will. I prefer the smaller vintage watches for wearing with suits anyway. My brother gave me a new Baume et Mercier watch for my birthday last summer and it feels like I am wearing a dinner plate on my wrist.

10. MZhammer

MZhammer Senior member

Seriously +1

I hope you get hit by a fucking truck in that stolen suit you POS. I'd recommend you send it back or the next time some of these guys are in LA you better watch it... Just wait for this stuff to start popping up in your personal life. The Internet is a big place

11. aglose

aglose Senior member

Found a Canali 44XL suit. If anyone's interested PM and ill send you the pics. Still searching for the pants.

EDIT Suit jacket sorry mid types there.

12. mp906

mp906 Senior member

I'd be ringing this dude's doorbell with the cops.

13. TheBurnOut

TheBurnOut Senior member

A cheap flight to LA can't cost more than a few hundred bucks.

14. barrelntrigger

barrelntrigger Senior member

Edit

15. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Quick interjection here - while Im pissed off that EV got scammed too, and I dont blame him for seeking every bit of information to get a scammer nailed and/or his money and product back, its not worth it to stoop to lower levels with threats of violence and other stuff in that tone... while I agree with you and am pissed too, lets remember that the style in styleforum is keeping the high road. Stay classy yall. :)

16. MartiniGirl

MartiniGirl Senior member

17. chiron

chiron Senior member

:foo:

Last edited: Mar 23, 2013
  18. caseyfud

caseyfud Senior member

Burr burr burr

Last edited: Mar 23, 2013
  19. MartiniGirl

MartiniGirl Senior member

That jacket looks great on you! Looks like it could be taken in a little bit at the waist. The tie, meh. Overall, very nice! I don't think you need a full length mirror. You got everything pictured! Would love some information on that watch too! It's very a classy dress watch that I've never heard of.... Looks like Patek Philippe.

1 person likes this.
  20. mexicutioner

mexicutioner Senior member

Who would this police report be filed with? Does your local police dept have a "Unfairly Filed PayPal Disputes" division? Mine sure doesn't. Or do you think EV should call the Chino Hills police, 3,000 miles away, and see if they have a division for handling these types of cases?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.