• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evil Abed

Reaction score
Love that Frank's RedHot sauce ad next to the Copeg ad. Had no clue it was that old.

Jpmorris

Reaction score
Here is the tag from the LB Sartoriale

It looks very close to the Attolini in the labels thread, but slightly different, does this connote age? Also, the content is clearly hand written, any significance to this? IT says 55% Wo 10% Se 20% B.Wk 15% Kwm. Im assuming this is 55% wool, 10% silk, 15% cashmere? and wtf would 20% B.wk be? Given feel im thinking linen, but I have no idea.

matty long legs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Not expensive if intact. What color? I'm interested if it is a color I don't have and good shape.

Navy. Horn toggles. Decent shape. No holes but some wear to the wool. I'll PM you when I pick it up.

Evil Abed

Reaction score

It looks very close to the Attolini in the labels thread, but slightly different, does this connote age? Also, the content is clearly hand written, any significance to this? IT says 55% Wo 10% Se 20% B.Wk 15% Kwm. Im assuming this is 55% wool, 10% silk, 15% cashmere? and wtf would 20% B.wk be? Given feel im thinking linen, but I have no idea.

Haven't found the answers yet but searching did help me find this interesting, if not incomplete, resource.
http://www.textilerooms.com/textile_dictionary/texile dictionary.php

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Edited

Yep...you should see how mad my wife gets. But she told me last night she is broke for the next week or two....so I guess she will be my best friend until I give her an allowance. I think I would like some steak tonight!

I hope she's not going to read this...

Bingo! I probably average 50 hours a week outside of the time I screw around here while at work. Plus I travel about 450-500 miles per week visiting thrift stores in the area. Motivated entirely by the high interest rates on my student loans. I intend to pay off the remaining 18 years worth of payments in the next 12-16 months.

wow.gif

Last edited:

AndroFan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To all those inspired: your results will DEFINITELY vary:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251150823027?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1559.l2649

This is just the sales from my sport coats since October 1st.

This is SC sales for the last 90 days..... with a 5 week break in September.

This is just my Hobby, which I do in addition to my regular full time job. Granted...it's a big ******* hobby and a lot of hard work.
This message will be deleted in 24 hours to minimize lurker thrift waves

Last edited:

AndroFan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
http://fabricstockexchange.com/blog/resources/textile-abbreviations/

WM = Mohair
WK = Camel hair

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

That blackwatch is badass! I've been pining for one, possibly with mop buttons for a bit of pop.

Thanks! It's one of two that I own and I get more use out of them than I would have expected. I don't mind the buttons that I have on them now, but I considered putting the same buttons that I have on my navy cashmere odd jacket...smoked MOP. I like the look for fall/winter jackets.

steveoly

Reaction score
:cheers: That's most definitely Attolini :slayer: however I don't know how to tell the age and the hand written stuff is pretty cool. I think that is probably mid-2000s based on this specific Attolini tag. I have also seen Attolini for Sartorio tags (the small, wide rectangular tag) on LB Sartoriale jackets too but I am not sure on the timeline for these tags.

I have had a couple of the Attolini made LB Sartoriales and the nice thing is they don't show their age. They're always pretty traditional in cut and button stance, etc. I have no idea what that fabric composition is, but I think you're pretty close. Nice score.

you sir are the man! The only other lb sartoriale I found had no cell phone pocket. the buttons will never be functional,, but we've got some attolini on our hands boys! Actual fabric content looks hand written which can't be bad. Pic soon

Last edited:

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score

horse's_ass

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Bush Administration, in its infinite (infantile?) wisdom, determined that the interest rates on Government loans needed to be increased from the low 2s to 6.5%. Private lenders - which used to lend at 2.5-4% - followed suit and increased their interest rates to 6.5% or higher.

Last edited:

private eyes

Reaction score
Quote:
This message will be deleted in 24 hours to minimize lurker thrift waves
That just seems unreal to me.. When a blazer at the thrift store costs around 10-15, and on ebay I had to re-list the same harris tweed blazer 3 times just to get 29 for it.. Not worth the time or effort at all. I found a nice brooks brothers wool blazer today, looked up ebay completed auctions, the most one went for was 39.. Still, not worth it at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads