1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DeadBoy

DeadBoy Senior member

Man, I wonder how long it'll be before she moves on to greener pastures.

Is this thrift store free verse poetry?
    Got to say, I've been pretty underwhelmed by the few Kiton shirts I've handled. Maybe I was just expecting too much, but I didn't find them to be as nice as Borrelli. Wasn't underwhelmed with how they did on eBay, however.

2. barrelntrigger

barrelntrigger Senior member

That is a fine fitting suit you got there, sir!
    [​IMG] From the same donor and from the same store? What are the chances of that?! Crazy!
    They make really nice pants! I think a member found a jacket by them just recently! Super rare!
    Ahhh man, I was just about to ship you 8 Kiton alpaca jacket! [​IMG] Jk, jk, so does that mean you have to handle all of your alpaca consignment items while wearing gloves?
    Or "only got twenty dollars in my pocket." Cuz, you know, we are working class here. Blue collar thread! [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 19, 2013
  3. MyOtherLife

MyOtherLife Senior member

This entire thread is a pricing guide and should be password protected.

1 person likes this.
  4. Klobber

Klobber Senior member

Kiton do not do those great thick MOP buttons, nor do they use the hefty solid fabrics that some other brands go for. However, every Kiton shirt I have handled has for sure being handmade. They have a slightly more whimsical nature but I like my shirts like that. A bit like Charvet, initial appearances are unimpressive, close inspection, very impressive.

Thanks broski. Yup figured they seemed solid enough. They a size 38 and got a NWOT pair as well that appear size 32. I will post em up here with pics and see who wantsies.

Allergies suck. I am not allergic to many things but I am slightly allergic to dairy and severely allergic to eggs. What does not eating eggs do to a person? It drives them mad, to near insanity. Sugary Yummy Bakery goods (outside of breads)? Cannot eat them because everything has fucking eggs. No Donuts, No Danishes, No Cakes, No Pancakes, No Waffles. 90% Ice Cream brands have eggs. Most salad dressings have eggs. Pasta is very hit and miss - a lot contains eggs. Limits me to salads or pizza in an Italian restaurant although sometimes a pasta dish will be OK. Worst thing is I love Pasta.

I get horrific guts from egg, like a whole day going back n forth to the loo. Is eating egg worth drastic bowel movements? Well, I do sometimes just say fuckit but I made the mistake of eating a cake on a long haul flight and lets say I regretted sitting by the window. Every fucking 30 minutes, I would say excuse me... and then find a queue at the lavatory. One woman took forever in the toilet I resorted to banging on the door in desperation telling her if she did not hurry up with her dump I would soil my own pants.

5. sn0wman

sn0wman Senior member

Would love to find these in a 11 D...

6. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

:rotflmao:

7. Evil Abed

Evil Abed Senior member

Sigh, the inevitable warm seat... But there's already a thread around here for that.

8. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

9. MartiniGirl

MartiniGirl Senior member

Hey Guys! Tis I again. I'm a little baffled. The braided tassel loafers I put up here (the left ones) are quite puzzling to me. They have different letters... on each shoe! I'll post the pictures. But could someone give me an insight? Why am I seeing different letters? Both read "9e" but then you see a C on 1 and the other has a B. Is this normal for Church's?

This one is the LEFT shoe...

[​IMG]

The RIGHT shoe...

[​IMG]

10. MartiniGirl

Hey Klobber! Valentini pants are VERY underrated. They make some damn fine pants, that I would put WAY above Zanella Platinum. Granted, Valentini are VERY hard to sell as nobody really knows who they are. I say, if you find Valentini in your size (or trade them to another fine gentleman on here), you best keep them. Valentini is sorely underrated and needs to be more recognizable to this fine community. Find it, buy it!

1 person likes this.
  11. MartiniGirl

Awe shucks. [​IMG] No need trying to impress little ol' me! Everyone on here is already impressive for bettering their style and fashion sense!

Great thinking! Lol. I'm quite picky to shop for! I'm a size medium in tops, just in case anyone finds me a really cool shirt [​IMG] Otherwise, husband needs pants more than anything. He's a size 40 x 32. Anyone have any?

This is what I like seeing! Super hauls! Some of those labels look older whereas the rest look newer. I'm like everyone else on here.... Tell us the sizes already!

12. CesarC

CesarC Senior member

MartiniGirl, I just checked my pair of 9.5C Church's that I got from OCooney, and the writing looks almost identical to the left pair. Pretty sure that is a 9 ½ C for the left and 9 ½ B for the right. PM incoming!

13. MartiniGirl

So I'm not crazy? The width is actually a tad bit different?

14. chiron

chiron Senior member

We need a Thrifting sub forum!!!!

With threads like...

The Thrift Fit

Flip it or Not?

The Mystery Stain

Ebay KOP

ect...

15. Digmenow

Digmenow Senior member

Why do these have to have tassels? :fu:

16. Stiva

Stiva Senior member

Because tassels are badass - except with a suit.

17. eazye

eazye Senior member

Navajo print stuff is really hot right now, though I supect its populatity is on the wane as stores like Topman and Urban Outfitters have been carring on everything from t-shirts to backpacks for the past couple years now. That being said, the real deal vintage stuff is worth a small fortune. I saw a Pendleton Navajo print jacket at a buy/sell/trade place a couple months ago that I'm still kicking myself for not grabbing.

18. Orgetorix

Orgetorix Senior member

Better than the chances of finding 9 Oxxfords in one day that weren't from the same donor or at the same store.

Dude, that sucks, but that's hilarious. I have sneezy allergies and they make me miserable, but I'm so glad I don't have gut allergies.

At first I misread this and thought you said you walked away from 2 Kiton sportcoats for $5 each, and I about had a freakout. :)

19. eazye

eazye Senior member

Also, Eton, Truzzi, Brioni, Zegna , Pink and fuck if I don't love me some Gitman, wearing one right now as a matter of fact. Never held Kiton before so I can't comment on that, but I did find a Fray a couple weeks ago and it makes everything that came before it look like 90's Nautica. Well, not really, but you get the jist.

Dude, one of my coworkers said the same thing. :brick: Probably because I'm always on the computer in the break room catching up on this thread.:nodding:

Last edited: Mar 20, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  20. Patrologia

Patrologia Senior member

Ugh Allergies. I've dealt with "sneezy allergies" my whole life, and eventually found out that I was allergic to pretty much everything the allergist tested for outdoors. What drove me to him though was trying to track down a food allergy. Found out that (among some other minors) the food allergies that were causing the troublesome reaction were

Barley, and
    Malt.

I'll let you dwell on what you make out of malt and barley for a while.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.