• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Either you're being funny, or that was weird. 

Dude is notorious. I actually didn't see your post until you quoted it since you posted in between me reading and clicking post and then I got paged.

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On / off topic - a CNBC show that re-aired the other night and I only caught the last few minutes. "Luxury Boom" - the new big spenders (who they are, what they're buying - heavy emphasis on clothing & accessories). Originally from March 2012 but still relevant. Video.

Last edited:

330CK

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
New forum and no invite.

Untitled-1.jpg

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

there's this woman competing with Spoo...sells semi-high end clothing and models it herself. If she's selling pants she models herself in just a bra and the pants.

No competition, I don't look that good in a bra.

...why am I not surprised?

INORITE

Are you holding Brianpore, or is that just someone roughly his size? I think I found a Ron Chereskin SC that would about fit...

FUCKINGLOL

I knew exactly who that was going to be before I clicked the link.

+1

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are you holding Brianpore, or is that just someone roughly his size? I think I found a Ron Chereskin SC that would about fit...

OMG...My initial reaction: Want to laugh but feels wrong. Jaws dropped to the floor. Shocked!
uhoh.gif

Speaking of ebay sellers, this is my pet peeve seller. Seriously, who would buy a suit from this dbag?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/RALPH-LAURE..._MC_Suits&hash=item4d038712f2#ht_14998wt_1344

Pffff, the sleeves were way too long for him.
ffffuuuu.gif

On / off topic - a CNBC show that re-aired the other night and I only caught the last few minutes. "Luxury Boom" - the new big spenders (who they are, what they're buying - heavy emphasis on clothing & accessories). Originally from March 2012 but still relevant. Video.

Call me a country bumpkin...But did I just caught a glimpse of T&A cologne?

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

datsunfan

Reaction score
I wasn't planning on going out today, but ended up going to one store nearby. I am glad I did. I found a recent solid navy J Press suit that fits nearly perfectly (sleeves need to be lengthened slightly).

And a recent made in Canada J Press wool/cashmere herringbone 3/2 sack SC(39S) that is a little short so it's available.

DanM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ran by a couple of stores this evening and picked up a few items, including several brands I hadn't seen in the wild before. First up, dress shirts by Facconable and Canali. Both in my size.

Then, found my first Etro and J. Press. Also picked a Brooks Brothers tie I liked. Is there any value in picking up Yves Saint Laurent? They had a few, but this is the only one I was willing to get stuck with if there was no flip value.

330CK

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I finally got the chance to go thrifting for a bit today. Picked up a couple awesome items.

Can finally check this firm off my list.
IMG_0321.jpg

IMG_0322.jpg

IMG_0323.jpg

IMG_0324.jpg

IMG_0325.jpg

:slayer::slayer::slayer: NOT available
IMG_0326.jpg

IMG_0327.jpg

IMG_0328.jpg

IMG_0329.jpg

So did we come to an agreement that this is an old St. Andrews tag?
IMG_0330.jpg

IMG_0332.jpg

IMG_0331.jpg

IMG_0333.jpg

Donald Trump-ish silk satin sheen orange RLPL
IMG_0335.jpg

IMG_0336.jpg

IMG_0337.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads