The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

It's a lesson I'm quickly learning :teach:

2. chiron

chiron Senior member

I think a lot of us on this thread have stagnant inventory. Items that should have been put on sale a long time ago. Thats why what Spoo is offering makes sense. Outsource the transaction...

Did someone say Outsourced?

[​IMG]

3. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

A lot of what I have is small dollar items, such as shirts, though, which don't make sense to send out :( I need to find one of those consigners that takes PRL and JCrew or whatever else though. I'll take small margins if it's steady and I'm already in the store pulling the good stuff too.

4. barrelntrigger

barrelntrigger Senior member

I would of had a high inventory turnover rate had Ebay lifted my limits due to some technical problems. It's been 3 week! Their customer reps. and the tech teams are really slow to fix my account. [​IMG]

I'm placing a thrift ban on myself until I get this issue resolved. Yeah, right, like that would work.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2012
  5. chiron

chiron Senior member

Or you can sell in lots on the Bay. This is an efficient way to move large amounts of 'like' inventory. Less work then doing 4 or 5 separate listings and the sale price is usually higher (per item) vs individual sale. If you factor in the time to list , take pictures and mail its very efficient.

6. barrelntrigger

+1

I plan on listing some of my cheap ties with a fancy one.

7. jkidd41011

jkidd41011 Senior member

I'm wondering if the Robert Graham craze is fading a bit. I've picked up two at consignment stores in the $11 range, and have been able to get $35-36 out of them on eBay (not complaining). That's not close to the $60 plus some people say they have got for these. Both the ones I have were the more recent script as well.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2012
  8. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

9. Randy

Randy Senior member

So, Sarah, you joined just to promote a website that has nothing to do with the topic here??? Really?

10. barrelntrigger

Who the hell is Slim?

11. ATLjon

ATLjon Senior member

Oh, COME ON:

Hi sorry to have to bring this up now especially after I already paid but I need to give this as a gift and I haven't found any way to get an empty LV box. Is there anyway you can sell this to the bidder before me instead ?

This is the guy who paid with the Echeck.

12. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

Guess he didn't see this.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Louis-Vuitt...1?pt=UK_Charms_Wristbands&hash=item2a1fff5873

This
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/AUTHENTIC-L...pt=US_Women_s_Accessories&hash=item27c931d44b

This
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/LOUIS-VUITT...663?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2ec031439f

Probably too large for a tie, but would still work.

13. Shiny

Shiny Senior member

I saw an older woman with 30-40 ties in her cart the other day. I know they were not good ties since I had just looked at them. Mostly, Jones New York, Stafford and the like. I didn't ask but I thought that she had so many ties b/c: 1) she just got married and wanted to "spruce" up her new hubby, 2) she worked at a funeral home and they could be useful :puzzled: . 3) reseller. I was actually glad she was taking them since I wouldn't have to look as so many dregs the next time.

14. ATLjon

ATLjon Senior member

Wes to the rescue! I sent him this:

Hi,

I don't know if there's a way for me to offer the item to the bidder before you. I'm sorry if there is; I haven't come across this issue before.

Might they be able to sell you a box at an LV store? Also, since you're in New York, you could probably buy a fake LV tie somewhere and just use the box. Or here are some listings that might help: (Wes' links)

This really is an exceptional tie for a great price; should I go ahead and ship it once your check clears?

His response?

Wow thats really helpful thanks so much. Yea def send it out

15. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

Boom! ....Nice!

And yes, you can do a second chance offer. On your seller page there should be a little drop down menu next to each transaction. You just select second chance offer and choose who you want to send it to. Unfortunately, a while back there were a lot of scams going around unvolving SCOs and people rarely accept them, unless they have bought from me before.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.