• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Spoiler tool use:

1. Create the content that you would like to put into a singular spoiler. For example additional photos or an explanation
2. Select the specific content you want to be put in the spoiler
3. Click on the spoiler tool button that looks like a quote block but is blacked out
4. A little window will pop up that will enable you to edit the content and title one last time before you click submit
5. Click OK on the window and your spoiler should up with a cream background
6. Repeat for other spoilers in your post

This may be too noobie an explanation for capn, but using this process, the tool has never messed anything up for me. Plus I remember a few people not knowing how to use it at all many pages ago. Hope this helps.
unicor1.jpg

34/32
Pre dibs'ed to a SF member who has been looking for these. Will repost if they become available

By the way, can anyone please explain to me how to sucessfully use the spoiler tool? Whenever I use it my spoiler content gets moved to the top of the post and then I can't move it to it's desired location, or move anything else to be shown before it.

Last edited:

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
WTF, way to wast 4 of the 40 or so posts left before 40,000. LOL been wanting to use that guy.

So I found this also yesterday. Guess before you click. It starts with the same 3 letters as my name.....

I know, sorry!
crazy.gif
I hadn't checked the count today, but as soon as it happened I was like "Oh crap, I hope one of those wasn't 40K" Anyway, I now have Black Eyed Peas "I Gotta Feeling" stuck in my head. It feels like New Years Eve for these milestone posts.

Nice find on the Brioni, I have pretty much lost hope that I will ever see one in real life....but still, I keep searching.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Spoiler tool use:

1. Create the content that you would like to put into a singular spoiler. For example additional photos or an explanation
2. Select the specific content you want to be put in the spoiler
3. Click on the spoiler tool button that looks like a quote block but is blacked out
4. A little window will pop up that will enable you to edit the content and title one last time before you click submit
5. Click OK on the window and your spoiler should up with a cream background
6. Repeat for other spoilers in your post

This may be too noobie an explanation for capn, but using this process, the tool has never messed anything up for me. Plus I remember a few people not knowing how to use it at all many pages ago. Hope this helps.
It used to work for me that way, until about a month ago. Now whenever I spoiler something it just moves to the top and gets stuck there, such a pain. Actually it moves a copy to the top in a spoiler and the original content also remains below unsploilered. I thought it was my computer or something, but it does the same thing at work too.

Even if I go back in and edit it to be spoilered, it goes to the top.

See what I mean above.

Last edited:

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe it's a browser issue? It may be messing up on different comp if you are using the same browser. I use FF and have had no issues, but chrome messes up formatting for me quite often in other areas.

It used to work for me that way, until about a month ago. Now whenever I spoiler something it just moves to the top and gets stuck there, such a pain. Actually it moves a copy to the top in a spoiler and the original content also remains below unsploilered. I thought it was my computer or something, but it does the same thing at work too.

Even if I go back in and edit it to be spoilered, it goes to the top.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Non clothing find of the day.
A metal chalice, box, and coaster promo item from the movie Clash of the Titans. Google tells me these were given out as part of a grand prize for a contest. Now I just need Spoo to send me one of those faux Versace shirts to wear while drinking Alize' out of it and i will be living the dream.

You can have one, but you need to weigh at least 250-275lbs for most of them.

catside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Borrelli

Rubinacci 16 reg, available

T& A 16 (42) available

Deadstock, unworn Dexter made in USA wingtips, 10 D, eggplant color, available.

Aaand thornproof tweed 3 piece, fits perfect, Made in England, Daks signature line, all bells and whistles. I will keep these ( but may choose to consign them to Spoo in winter to see if he can pull a 1200 trick otherwise youknowwho is still the best man :D )

BTW that scoop Hans is a spice scoop. Remember your visit to Istanbul :)

Last edited:

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Here's my day. Hit up 3 stores.

AE Park Avenues

AE Clayton

RRL Jacket

Brooks Brothers Tie

Fake Hermes?

Good YSL?

Stefano Ricci

Fendi

Good Lanvin?

Ferragamo... not in good condition, may return

Aquascutum

Dunhill

Gieves and Hawkes

Turnbull and Asser

Last edited:

AndroFan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure the Hermes is fake. 1) I've never seen that "100% silk" tag, especially not in that location on the tie, 2) if it's silk printed (which it looks to be), I'm pretty sure it's not supposed to have the "Hermes-Paris" (that's only for the woven/knitted), 3) the entire horse and cart/cart driver are...way off, 4) the seams/folds also look...off for Hermes.

For more certain authentication, 1) can you flip the thin blade so we can see the printed Hermes badge? If there isn't one, that's a dead giveaway, 2) look underneath the folds (like you were showing off a 7-fold). There should be a thin silk "loop". If not, another giveaway.

EDIT: Lol, the cart driver looks like he's being held/stuck up, with his hands thrown up in the air. Definitely fake IMO.

Also, dayum on all those T&As and Dunhills. Very nice!!
Here's my day. Hit up 3 stores.
AE Park Avenues

AE Clayton

RRL Jacket

Brooks Brothers Tie

Fake Hermes?

Good YSL?

Stefano Ricci

Fendi

Good Lanvin?

Ferragamo... not in good condition, may return

Aquascutum

Dunhill

Gieves and Hawkes

Turnbull and Asser

Last edited:

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I though it was fake, but $1.50 to take a gamble... whatever.

I spent like an hour at that tie rack. Every time I went through a row a new tie showed up!

catside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hermes is fake but TandA s look great mate.

Samuel Smith

Reaction score
dibs 3rd tie from right on T&A please.
Turnbull and Asser

Anyone have a tuxedo shirt 15.5-16 x 34/35 that has 3 open holes and not the standard 4? Also! does anyone have a blue/navy or light gray suit in ~43R with some 25"+ arms 35waist 31 lenght pants (flat front) get @ meh!

Last edited:

frenchytoo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
i dont wanna
nest.gif

but can someone fill me in what the dust up was a couple of pages back about thrifted vs consignment items was?
i have been lurking but have been very busy so missed it....did someone claim Consignmet finds as thrift finds?
also where is DM7?

Jpmorris

Reaction score
You guys make my self-imposed temporary buying hold difficult to stick to (I do not count stuff I thrift for myself, everyone has limits). That 16 TA looks nice, catside. And holy crap, lots of great tie hauls out there lately! BTW wasn't someone looking for a bright madras polo tie? I snagged one today with that in mind, so speak now please. Also, can someone please school me on Gant, it seems to me that the Gant rigger stuff is desirable, and the hugger/rugger stuff too right? I got a gant Rugger today, but I pass plain gant labels ALL THE TIME, so please tell me I haven't been making a mistake passing on these. If not, I could probably accrue 100 over the next month...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads