• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiny

Reaction score
Brian would you be interested in this 36R tails tux? No name brand, I think it was “After 6”. I know, I know it’s not an S. Pants nowhere to be found. Did not cop.

tailstux.jpg

Canali SC. This fits me but bwn is not my color. Needs dry cleaning.
P1010337.jpg

P1010338.jpg

darkmatter7

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Brian would you be interested in this 36R tails tux? No name brand, I think it was “After 6”. I know, I know it’s not an S. Pants nowhere to be found. Did not cop.
tailstux.jpg

That's ironic... Just came on here to post a Cifonelli one of these I found... In grey nailhead... Up there on my weirdest finds.

Also a D'Avenza suit... Didn't even know they branded stuff...

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Completely odd and awesome three piece. Summer weight half lined. Can't tell what the material is, but it is a hopsack like loose weave, linenish, silkish. The union tag dates it between 1948 and 1962. Picked it up for easye, hopefully he likes it. Close to a 38 I think.

I love it!!!!! :bounce2:

catside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Should go well with your suede spectators. Fully canvassed, lots of handiwork, a gift from me. PM address.

vexco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Found the nicest Southwick I've come across so far. Cream herringbone 3/2 SC with 1 working button per cuff(this is odd) and horn buttons. Soft as hell. Also, AVAILABLE.

Shoulder to shoulder: 18". Pit to pit: 21". Sleeves: 23.5" with around 2" to let out. Length from BOC: 30"

Last edited:

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Band & Olufsen Beocenter 7000. Purchased from original owner. Rosewood stand. Beovox S 50 Speakers. B&O MMC 20 E cartridge in excellent shape. The whole thing is mint. Came with the original remote! Everything made in Denmark.

P1080638.jpg

P1080641.jpg

P1080643.jpg

P1080645.jpg

Super recent Isaia shirts (17, Eu 43). Claimed

I talked to the manager (a really cool guy) about the shirts who checked to see if there were any more in back. There wasn't. :(
I guess another guy bought some NWT (from Neiman Marcus, so probably easy to spot for the average person) ones either earlier today or yesterday and inquired about them as well. Wonder what I missed....

Quoting as these were some of my best finds lately and I think they may have gotten overlooked.

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
A big thanks to Nataku for shipping a Coach briefcase my way! It's awesome and will be put to use starting on Monday. I had to recondition the leather and it will need a second coat to even it out, but it should look like new.

catside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Found the nicest Southwick I've come across so far. Cream herringbone 3/2 SC with 1 working button per cuff(this is odd) and horn buttons.
Soft as hell. Also, AVAILABLE. Shoulder to shoulder: 18". Pit to pit: 21". Sleeves: 23.5" with around 2" to let out. Length from BOC: 30"
350x467px-LL-ed65e03c_HPIM2322.jpeg
[/URL]
Love it. I passed a very similar coat, about same size, today only in Harris tweed by Yale coop. Some of them were made by Southwick, too. May go back when half price and if still there.

Last edited:

vexco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Love it. I passed a very similar coat, about same size, today only in Harris tweed by Yale coop. Some of them were made by Southwick, too. May go back when half price and if still there.
I just wish it fit me!

catside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Completely odd and awesome three piece. Summer weight half lined. Can't tell what the material is, but it is a hopsack like loose weave, linenish, silkish. The union tag dates it between 1948 and 1962. Picked it up for easye, hopefully he likes it. Close to a 38 I think.

Folks, Before YoungAmerican or someone else get on my case, it seems I timed this wrong. The tag is really '48 to '62 but the store D'Camm opened in 64. Pitfalls of timing through union tags. It appears some tailors kept on using whatever tags they had on hand until they ran out of them. D'Camm is still functioning and selling good stuff I'm told. I'll visit to check for sure.

Larson McCord

Reaction score
Polo Ralph Lauren tan cotton sports coat in medium. Pristine like new condition measures to about a 38, has working cuffs and 2 roll 3

AE fifth ave in black size 11E, a couple of tiny cuts on the outsole of one but wearable. I can let them go cheap if interested

AE Burton 10D, very good condition has had a half re-sole

Very interesting pair of Wright Arch Preservers that look nearly new size 10.5 C

Polo Ralph Lauren Orange quilted vest with brown suede shoulders....awesome but....3XL....dammit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads