• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Quoted my post from last night with sizes added. Full measurements available upon request.
I hit up 8 stores today. Found a few things. Sizes will be filled in as I get them measured.

Tom James 42L

Seersucker 44L

Polo RL Unstructured 3 button, Surgeon Cuffs TAKEN

Natazzi Plaid 3 Button Orphan 42R

NWOT Donna Karan Signature Black with Blue Pinstripe 42R 38/29

Canali Plaid 3 Button Orphan 42R

Canali Peak Lapel DB Pinstripe Orphan 44R

Valentino DB Glen Plaid 42R

BB 3roll2 Washable Unstructured 42R

BB Gray Pin Stripe 42L

BB Solid Gray 40S

BB Glen Plaid 44L

Florsheim Imperial Brogued Tassel Loafers 9 D

Hanover Monks 8 D/B

Florsheim Cap Toe 9.5 D TAKEN

Bally - Chancy 10.5 B

AE Bergland 8.5 E

Some Ties

Lastly, couldn't let you guys down.

Last edited:

amadar

Reaction score
Best find in a really long time, primarily because they are my size :slayer: I have been looking for a pair of black cap-toe balmorals for a while now, and was just about to give up and order a pair of AE Park Ave's.......until I stumbled across these:

1. Black Cap-toe Bal? - CHECK. 2. Great Condition? CHECK 3. AE? - Naw.... ALDEN - MEGA CHECK 4. Shell Cordovan? MEGA MEGA CHECK :D

bytor13

Reaction score
Best find in a really long time, primarily because they are my size
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
I have been looking for a pair of black cap-toe balmorals for a while now, and was just about to give up and order a pair of AE Park Ave's.......until I stumbled across these:

1. Black Cap-toe Bal? - CHECK. 2. Great Condition? CHECK 3. AE? - Naw.... ALDEN - MEGA CHECK 4. Shell Cordovan? MEGA MEGA CHECK
biggrin.gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
- I was on that same quest a while ago and gave in and got a pair of Park Aves on eBay.

catside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I probably have 30 - 40 Harris Tweed jackets in the basement waiting for the fall but this was my first hat.. Is there a name for this type of hat?

I don't know but that is the brand of my first ever non navy blazer sport jacket, many many years ago bought from Harrods, a nice Harris tweed. It was an excellent jacket which served me well. Dunn and Co. used to be an expensive brand then.

Last edited:

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Best find in a really long time, primarily because they are my size
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
I have been looking for a pair of black cap-toe balmorals for a while now, and was just about to give up and order a pair of AE Park Ave's.......until I stumbled across these:

1. Black Cap-toe Bal? - CHECK. 2. Great Condition? CHECK 3. AE? - Naw.... ALDEN - MEGA CHECK 4. Shell Cordovan? MEGA MEGA CHECK
biggrin.gif

Those are beautiful and in great shape. Congrats!

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Picked up a zegna silk/cotton shirt and pair of RRL chinos today.

Also got a made in Italy Bobby Jones polo, size L. Someone here was looking for them right? Available at cost if you plan to wear, solid dark burgundy, pics to come

Passed on some pretty cool Made in USA LL Bean duck boots and a HF navy pinstripe suit in 44R (middle age label, not recent, not ancient).

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picked up a zegna silk/cotton shirt and pair of RRL chinos today.
Also got a made in Italy Bobby Jones polo, size L. Someone here was looking for them right? Available at cost if you plan to wear, solid dark burgundy, pics to come
Passed on some pretty cool Made in USA LL Bean duck boots and a HF navy pinstripe suit in 44R (middle age label, not recent, not ancient).

What size are the chinos? I've been on the lookout for some RRL chinos (or epaulet rivet chinos, but those don't show up in thrifts)

ATLjon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just got sniped AGAIN! I hate ebay. You guys use Gixen, right? Time to go over to the dark side, I guess.

I'll take solace in the fact that this Isaia silk/linen AAAC pickup is in the mail right now:

Last edited:

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
30x32, grendel. Too small for me, that's for sure.

Greg613

Reaction score
I use Baygenie and have had pretty good luck with it.

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Polo RL Unstructured 3 button, Surgeon Cuffs

How about a third?

I've been holding this PRL for months and it seems that I won't be turning into a selling machine like you guys so someone make me an offer. I'm easy. I think the spots should come out with some TLC.

P9200022.jpg

P9200024.jpg

P9200023.jpg

P9200025.jpg

P9200029.jpg

P9200035.jpg

P9200037.jpg

P9200038.jpg

I've also got this Gieves & Hawkes DB by Hickey Freeman. I love it but my seamstress says "NO. Too big to alter."

IMG_20110608_131327.jpg

IMG_20110608_131558.jpg

IMG_20110608_131659.jpg

IMG_20110608_131828.jpg

PM for more measurements of either or both.

highvoltorb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This worth $25? Looked fairly new to me. Tag said 52 (42US?) so it won't fit me. Sorry for the crap pictures. It's more of a dark navy. I can go back if anyone wants it.

Also, this is one of my favorite thrift purchases ever.

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

A big thanks to Nataku for shipping a Coach briefcase my way! It's awesome and will be put to use starting on Monday. I had to recondition the leather and it will need a second coat to even it out, but it should look like new.

Lookin good! Glad you could put it to good use!

That system is really, really disgusting.

I hope disgusting is a new slang term for the antonym like "sick".... :confused:

+1 How old is it again? That looks spotless!

Roughly 31-32 years old. I'ts in amazing shape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads