• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I should mention the first person who snags a pair of those from gets the Cleverley trees, as they fir perfectly!

I really wish my feet were a size 8 now
ffffuuuu.gif

Chill Dude 22

Reaction score
First decent finds in a while

Fray for Trillion Button-Down (Size II?)

Charvet flannel button-down M

APC Dress Shirt L (Fits smaller)

Kiton Cotton/Cashmere Button-Down 15 1/2

Loro Piana Long Sleeve Polo Size 50

It's all around my size, but I haven't decided what I'm keeping yet. Let me know if you're interested in anything

Last edited:

kindofyoung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Went at lunch... Picked up an Aquascutum POW suit, no size but probably a 36-38

Also a really nice Bobby Jones wool / cashmere navy w/ blue windowpane windbreaker-style jacket, size small

pics tonight

both of them could fit me....eagerly waiting for pictures
nod[1].gif

steveoly

Reaction score
Hai guise,
I don't want to derail this too much but I'd appreciate your feedback since many of you are ebay pros. Any way, I recently sold a pair of Kirkland dress pants :embar: lol and today I got this message:

Dear steveoly32,

Regarding item 330732739368, the description states "You are bidding on a "pair" of Kirkland NWT Signature navy blue dress pants..." which is the reason I bid on the item, however, only one pair of pants, which are very nice by the way, arived today. Please advise.

Thanks

So the dude is literally wanting two pairs of pants for a pair of pants. He even refers to pants as "pair" of pants in his response! Am I grossly underestimating ebays semantics and am I therefore in the wrong for listing a pair of pants and then shipping (1) pair of pants, or can I tell this guy to go ************? How would I list a pair of pants? A pant? WTF.

The kicker, this winning bid was $9.95 with free shipping so after shipping and fees, it's a worthless sale. Should I just say I will refund upon the return of the pants? I'd probably be better off donating them and taking NWT retail deduction.

Thanks,
Steve

AndroFan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, very nice. That's a who's who list of hot **** right there.

It's all around my size, but I haven't decided what I'm keeping yet. Let me know if you're interested in anything

AndroFan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Must be a scam. Surely no one can be that stupid. Did you have more than one "pair" of pants pictured? If not, I'd tell him to take a hike personally.

Hai guise,
I don't want to derail this too much but I'd appreciate your feedback since many of you are ebay pros. Any way, I recently sold a pair of Kirkland dress pants
shog[1].gif
lol and today I got this message:
Dear steveoly32,
Regarding item 330732739368, the description states "You are bidding on a "pair" of Kirkland NWT Signature navy blue dress pants..." which is the reason I bid on the item, however, only one pair of pants, which are very nice by the way, arived today. Please advise.
Thanks
So the dude is literally wanting two pairs of pants for a pair of pants. He even refers to pants as "pair" of pants in his response! Am I grossly underestimating ebays semantics and am I therefore in the wrong for listing a pair of pants and then shipping (1) pair of pants, or can I tell this guy to go ************? How would I list a pair of pants? A pant? WTF.
The kicker, this winning bid was $9.95 with free shipping so after shipping and fees, it's a worthless sale. Should I just say I will refund upon the return of the pants? I'd probably be better off donating them and taking NWT retail deduction.
Thanks,
Steve

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hai guise,
I don't want to derail this too much but I'd appreciate your feedback since many of you are ebay pros. Any way, I recently sold a pair of Kirkland dress pants
shog[1].gif
Dear steveoly32,
Thanks
Thanks,
Steve

lol8[1].gif

I'm not even sure what to say to that. Something like "I don't understand, you just said you got a pair of pants, which is what it was listed as"

Maybe he's just messing with you?

steveoly

Reaction score

Must be a scam.  Surely no one can be that stupid.  Did you have more than one "pair" of pants pictured?  If not, I'd tell him to take a hike personally. 

I hear ya, but his feedback looked fine.

lol8%5B1%5D.gif

I'm not even sure what to say to that. Something like "I don't understand, you just said you got a pair of pants, which is what it was listed as"

Maybe he's just messing with you?

INORITE? At first when I read this I thought he was being a nice guy alerting me that I might have screwed up and sent two pairs of pants rather than just one pair. It's so stupid it's maddening.

I think I will just politely message him back but in a "Are you kidding me" sort of way.

Last edited:

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hai guise,
shog[1].gif
Dear steveoly32,
Thanks
Thanks,
Steve
WTF!! I would ask him to return it and then charge him a 50% moron fee. Maybe I should rethink how I have been listing all these pairs of shoes too.

tben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Again, interesting....all round my size as well. I have been making too many purchases the last few months.
facepalm.gif

Regg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I hear ya, but his feedback looked fine.
INORITE? At first when I read this I thought he was being a nice guy alerting me that I might have screwed up and sent two pairs of pants rather than just one pair. It's so stupid it's maddening.
I think I will just politely message him back but in a "Are you kidding me" sort of way.

haha hilarious. Just kill him with kindness and offer to refund him if he wants to return them

steveoly

Reaction score

haha hilarious. Just kill him with kindness and offer to refund him if he wants to return them

I went this route. I really don't think I am being off-base. However I would hate to get negged over something this frivolous.

Dear ggamx,

Hi Gordon,
When I read this message I can't help but think that you are kidding, dense or a straight up scam artist. The auction was for a (singular) pair of pants, not multiple pairs of pants. With certain articles and garment, a singular item is referred to as a pair - i.e. pants, trousers, eyeglasses, scissors, etc. If I were selling multiple items, I would have referred to them as "two pairs" or "fifteen pairs" or "nine hundred pairs" - note the pluralization and quantity.

Even in your message to me, you refer to as receiving "one pair of pants" so I am not sure as to the confusion.

With this, I feel that I did describe the auction item correctly and accurately. I am sorry that you misinterpreted the item description. Enjoy the pair of pants. BTW, the Kirkland Made in Italy pants are very nice, and quite the deal for less than $10.

Steve

- steveoly32

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads