• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sploosh

Reaction score
Went back to goodwill today and bought: Mens peacoat Express Sweater Express Buttondown for $14.60 There was also a pair of wingtips in size 14, and a pair in size 8(half size too small
frown.gif
) if anyone might want to buy a pair pm me.

pdeng

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nataku
^^ Wow, I've never seen LVC in a thrift before, or any "streetwear" really. Are they in pretty decent shape?

I was amazed when I saw them in the rack. My friend pointed them out when I was going through it and I grabbed it instantly for about 7 bucks. It's not stiff anymore but otherwise the condition is great!

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pdeng
I was amazed when I saw them in the rack. My friend pointed them out when I was going through it and I grabbed it instantly for about 7 bucks. It's not stiff anymore but otherwise the condition is great!

I found a brand new pair 2 years ago for $4.00.
I have worn them constantly everyday since.
You should see the fades I have on them.

pdeng

Reaction score
Originally Posted by antirabbit

you sir have outdone me

Hoofit

Reaction score
yesterday I visited all my local thrifts and only came away with 1 decent item Alfred Sargent bluchers in decent shape. $ 6.00

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by antirabbit

Worthless without pics. (preferable in SW&D "Post pics of your denim" thread)

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Found a Isaia composite suit hanger for 95 cents. That means there's an Isaia suit floating around one of the area thrifts without a hanger (I hope), or someone already bought the suit and they tossed the hanger in the hanger bin
frown.gif
This may have been from last year's Isaia "sale" where there were at least 10 recent Isaia suits that were distributed among the metro area thrift shops.

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Staatsoper
Love to see a picture of the Nutter...the kind of thing I love!

Belatedly:

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
Thrifted this Willis & Geiger yesterday. It's in perfect shape. This is after a wash, low heat in the dryer for about 5 mins and then hang dry. I was impressed with how wrinkle free it was.

p1014267cg0.jpg

p1014269sk2.jpg

Also some clothes brushes, these two being the most interesting:

p1014273bo8.jpg

Plus a retro looking plain sweatshirt from Old Navy (not the quality, but a lot cheaper than Buzz Rickson) and a double pocket L.L. Bean shirt (made in Canada).

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Today was a hellacious day in what's shaping up to be a hellacious week, but there was a small reward at Marshall's tonight. Picked up a pair of white Levi's and a nifty pale blue gingham Ike Behar sport shirt, with concealed buttondown collar. Never gone for the Ike Behar stuff before, but this one really appealed, especially the pale blue color. Looked great with the white denim. And it was only $16.99, so it's an affordable way to try out the brand.

83glt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I achieved the impossible.

Last weekend I picked up a recent Oxxford orphaned suit jacket - a very dark charcoal grey with a faint shadow stripe in the weave. It was $2.50 at Housing Works with their President's Day weekend sale, so I figured I couldn't go wrong for less than a Starbucks coffee, even though I had no idea how I'd wear it.

Then tonight, while on my way to the post office I stopped in at another Housing Works location on the other side of town. Finding the matching suit trousers was not even on my mind, but that's exactly what I did. Total dumb luck. I just happened to see the fabric on the rack and thought to myself: "no way.... it couldn't be." But it was.

So now I'm the proud owner of a beautiful Oxxford suit for a grand total of $8.10 (the pants were $5.60 with the 30% sale today).
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads